Thread: A Pleasant Surprise

A Pleasant Surprise - Spironalactone

I am a mature CD and have been dressing since childhood. My wife of many years veers from tolerant to DADT. I have had hypertension for many years, controlled by medication. About 8 months ago, my physician changed my medication by adding Spironalactone. My blood pressure has never been better. About 3 months ago, I started noticing sensitivity in my breasts, frequent erect nipples and minor breast growth. A pleasant surprise. Discovered this is a common side effect of Spiro. Anyone else have this experience?
    Last edited by Leighcdmd; 09-05-2020 at 10:39 AM.

Had to chuckle a bit reading your post as it did strike home. I also am a mature Cd and have many health issues. Make a long story short my doctors say Im healthy considering the condition my conditions are in. I take many medications and Spiro is only one. Others I take also have this side effect. Not the ideal way to grow boobs but I dont mind the side effect. I am slim but I now have B cup boobs Sometimes i wear a bra out and sometime i dont. At least when I'm braless i giggle.🤩 only complaint from my wife is she has told me in the past she wants to be the woman in the house with the bigger boobs. Life can be good.

General

The most common adverse effect was gynecomastia.
    Endocrine

Very common (10% or more): Gynecomastia (13%)

Frequency not reported: Breast disorders in women, slight androgenic effects, breast tenderness in women, voice deepening in women, breast pain

This is not HRT and will probably reduce if stop drug. HRT products are not to be discussed on forum, I think.

Banned Read only
    Well an anti-androgen (T-blocker) in combination with estrogen is how breast growth in GM's is achieved after all...

Sidney, when I have breast forms on, my wife who is accepting, gets a little upset that my breasts are larger.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Unless you plan on transitioning, I don?t see the positives here.

I think if you enjoy this side effect, and it certainly sounds like you are, just go with it. I say lucky you!
    Crissy

Hi Leighcdmd,

I think it is great that you have your blood pressure under control and don't mind the side effects.

As a 32A I'm not flat chested.

Marion

As a heart patient, I took Spiro for 25 years and have a pair of C boobs. I really enjoy mine. My meds changed some months ago, doubled the frequency of my other water pill and eliminated the Spiro, but it doesn't seem to affect the growth I already have.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Last year I was treated for prostate cancer and part of the treatment was to give me an androgen suppressor that holds your testosterone down for six months with one shot. It appears the treatment was successful because so far my PSA is undetectable, but will likely go up a tiny bit which is natural. The hot flashes were hellish sometimes, and the loss of muscle mass has taken six months to rebuild, but the positive aspect, in my opinion, is growing a pair of small breasts. I can pretty well fill a B-cup. It is nice and certainly not as large as some guys get so I can do both the male-like and female-like sides pretty well with minimal supplementation using silicone. Some men who get much larger have breast reduction surgery. For me, I might think of it as a joyous gift.

I am now larger than my wife was when we got married and she has definitely noticed. After 51 years and a couple of kids there is no way I can match her. For me, it is gynecomastia - they are actually man boobs. Males cannot actually produce true breasts that women do because we are not born with the breast buds that girls are born with. Can men achieve something close to what women have? Absolutely; close but still not the same.

Silver Member
    Congrats to you ladies that are growing breasts. I'm envious! Now, keep in mind that GMs can also get breast cancer, so look up how to do self exams. If you feel anything unusual, see your Doc. I did, and he said, "you're going to need a bigger bra!" Then he ordered me to get a mammogram. Fortunately, the sore lump behind my right nipple was not cancer.

Donna Lee,

How long did it take to get to an a or b. Any other side effects?