Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have women ever used words Adorable,Precious,Darling,or Cute related to your dressing

Have women ever used words Adorable,Precious,Darling,or Cute related to your dressing

Words like Adorable, Darling, Precious, and Cute are words I think guys almost never use and words that are usually not directed towards us.

My first experience dressing was being put in my sisters dress by my mother and aunt to try and fool a visiting X Nanny. I remember feeling quite strange in the dress but even more embarassed when they showered me with praise using all those silly Words.

I still have a strong reaction when those words are used and am not sure if they are meant as a compliment or to kind of tease me ?

Any experience with S.O.s or sales gals using these words, and how do you react to them ?

Thoughts ?

Yes, I have been described as cute, pretty, etc. it is very gratifying. I like to think they mean it.

When you say a strong reaction, do you mean you blush, get flustered, etc? Maybe you are still repressing this part of yourself somewhat and that is affecting your ability to take a compliment.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Only by men. My partner just laughs and calls me her b***h.

Banned Read only
    My wife has called some of my outfits adorable and I take that as a compliment.

I never really liked getting compliments growing up because I didn't like dressing like a boy. Through out my life people told me I was a good looking guy, but I never really saw it. When I am dressed I see that beautiful person everyone else sees and I love getting compliments.

Silver Member
    Only from me as I look in the mirror.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Occasionally, Robbie. But, I hear, "hot" and "sexy" a lot more often!

But, that's how I tend to dress when I'm out. Like a pretty adult woman. Not as a cutesy young girl!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

“Cute” is kind of a middle of the road term and can go either way. “Adorable” and “darling” lean toward patronizing, especially when used to describe you and not your outfit. My favorite compliments from women are “gorgeous” “stunning” “glamorous” “amazing”, and “everything” (Yes, have received them all).

I've been told, by a complete stranger, that I looked amazing and I was sat in my car at the time.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Aspiring Member
    Yes, I have been called cute, adorable, beautiful, and gorgeous while wearing this outfit to an Oktoberfest. All by GGs that I had never met. I took the words as compliments. https://www.crossdressers.com/forums...berfest-photos

Cute is definitely a strong compliment where I live, except when used as a command, as in don?t be cute! So are the other terms, though Micki is right that adorable and darling can have a patronizing side. Tone of voice usually confirms if patronizing is intended. Precious describes only preschool age girls in my part of the world.

I've been called pretty, beautiful, and gorgeous! I don't think I am any of those but I took them anyway! LOL Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Have women ever used words Adorable,Precious,Darling,or Cute related to your dressing

nope.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Banned Read only
    I have been called darling (well darlin') by more than one GG server when dressed, I take that as a compliment too.

Yes, I have. But I've gotten more complements like Micki, and mostly from GGs. I think that they were honest.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Reality Check
    "Women" don't often talk to me or about me concerning my dressing. Only my wife. She has commented a few times about my "cute outfit". That makes me feel good.
    Krisi

I have called a CDer's outfit, "cute". However, the other words seem more appropriate for compliments about new born babies rather than adults.

Maybe that's just the way it is in the part of the country that I live in (no one here says "darling").

Silver Member
    I have been told a lot of things over the years. A few were from guys coming on to me. I wasn't gay, but I looked pretty fem in guy mode. When I eventually went out as a girl I was shocked at how many truly thought I was a girl. I did enjoy going out as a girl and being accepted. I was told by the owner of a wig shop, Do you know how pretty you are? A clerk in a lingerie store told me when I was in guy mode, that I was cute and everyone should have beautiful lingerie. My looks, I'm sure enabled my ability to shop in women's stores and try on things back in the 60s. Today I get that a pretty blouse, or you look nice, but age has caught me.

I've been called "lovely", "cute", and sometimes "adorable". But I love it when someone refers to me as "doll". Like from the 1940s, lol...

Have women ever used words Adorable,Precious,Darling,or Cute related to your dressing?
    Yes all of the above and more.

I've heard I have beautiful eyes when wearing makeup, and pretty hair. Thats about it.

Ah-May-Lee
    I had women as well as men call me scary looking. I thanked them for the nice compliment.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

A couple of times I have gotten Cute outfit, love your top, but recently a lady told me I was gorgeous! She complimented my outfit and how well I was put together. I usually try to put on a big smile and say Thank You

I got a "wow!" once from my wife when I stepped into the room in a new dress. Good enough for me! She was on the phone and had to explain to the person she was talking to what the "wow" was for. Of course she wouldn't say, but said, "my husband just showed me something."

There used to be an apartment manager who found me wearing a dress I had slept in (she had to come into my room so the exterminator could spray my bathroom). I looked at my dress and smiled sheepishly and she (the apt. mgr.) smiled back. A few days later, as Thanksgiving approached, she told me not to eat too much so I can "fit into those cute clothes;" I was surprised and said "thank you..." then in character, "thank you honey."

There was also a GG nurse who used to work with my roommate (he was my SO then, and is again now). She'd see me dressed up and said "Whoo! Look at you!"
    - Phoebe Brenne

Nope, never got any of those ,or similar, names from anyone except right after $75+ makeovers. I know that I have a hard figure/face to convert.
    Most of my dressing is in the closet.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Banned Read only
    Robbie,
    My daughter usually tells me how nice I look , the best compliment her mother in law makes is she prefers me as Teresa . I'm just happy to be openly accepted , GGs don't usually get that many compliments .

The one that made me smile recently was when I asked a couple to take a picture of me in front of Belvoir Castle , when the husband handed my camera back he said , " There you go Duchess ! "