Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I got it done!

Quote Originally Posted by JoannaCD View Post
    Did it myself with the Amazon kit four weeks ago.I took out the piercing studs Sunday and replaced with some gold studs.Getting the backs off he piercing studs was a real chore and I thought I'd need help with them which would have been a problem since I'm staying away from people. Putting the backs on is very difficult for me. I've ordered some plastic backs and hopefully they'll work better for me where backs are required. I probably will mainly wear small hoops which are hinged. Any suggestions on putting on the backs? Anyone use a forceps to hold the back? Anyway, I have a souvenir of Covid 19 which hopefully is the only one.
    There are some with large plastic rings that are easier to put on then the small ones. They also help keep your earlobe straight with heavier earrings. Also there are clamps almost like a surgical clamp that you can get to help hold them to get them on. I had to do this when my nails were really long.

congrats to you !!! I have not done it yet. I think about it alot but the grief I would get at work is holding me back. I don't think it would ever end.

I NEVER go bare-legged! Kimberly A.'s Avatar
    Thank you, ladies for all of your kind, supportive words! Yes, y'all I am following the after-care instructions, keeping my earlobes clean, rotating the earrings, etc. and no problems yet..... Hopefully I won't have any problems. LOL
    My YouTube channel: Kimberly A.

I have one ear pierced. Did that when I was a teen. When I used to dress, I always wore the clip on earrings maybe ill take the plunge and get my other ear done and say that its my early midlife crisis kicking in lol.

Thanks Jennifer. I got some bullet backs from Amazon that are easier to grip and also to line up with the posts. I've also found that small spherical studs are the most difficult to get the back on. I think I'll start a thread asking about earrings worn.

So, i've had three holes all closed up for decades and have been considering getting them redone. It's just ... so many earring styles vs my kids stinkface if i get them redone. The whole six week period of wearing them at the beginning is the holdup.

Congrats on making that leap!