Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crossdressing and Cruises... is this a thing?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Crossdressing and Cruises... is this a thing?

So my wife read about a cross dressing cruise, where I assume it?s a bunch of people and most of them are crossdressers. So it?s a safe space and a fun cruise! Now my wife is all about the cruises and she thought that this would be a great place for her and I to go where I could dress up and be with her while I?m dressed up, which I think sounds amazing. She?s also read that crossdressing is great to do on cruises whether or not the cruise is specifically targeted for that. So is this a thing that I just haven?t heard about before? Has anyone here done anything like that or heard about this before?

Well they do all kinds of other “specialty cruises” so I imagine there are CD ones as well. As to how enjoyable it would be... well I’m not a cruise person at all, and I’m not big on hanging out with other CDers just because we both dress, so I’ll be passing on that, but I’m sure there are lots of people who would have a blast.

I love cruising and look forward to going on another one in a few years. I found that Royal Caribbean takes health and sanitation seriously, so I don't worry much about getting sick from ordinary viruses. My wife is not accepting of my dressing, so that wouldn't happen on a cruise, but I have often fantasized about cruising as Bridget. Unfortunately there seem to be fewer formal dining nights (at least according to the travel mags) so not much chance of going out in a sweet cocktail dress or formal gown.
    Your friendly, neighborhood cyber CD.

Banned Read only
    Bridget,
    Girls still have that choice , nothing will stop me taking my sequined gowns and some nice heels .

Linda,
    I hope to take a cruise next year , so find the courage , I'm sure you won't regret it .

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Bridget,
    Girls still have that choice , nothing will stop me taking my sequined gowns and some nice heels .

Linda,
    I hope to take a cruise next year , so find the courage , I'm sure you won't regret it .
    How about a cruise --on a canal boat........☺
    Liz

The Rose City T-Girls did a Mexico cruise a couple of years ago:

https://www.rosecitytgirls.com/event/mexico-cruise/

Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Silver Member
    Crossdresstravel.com

Thanks Ladies!

I just registered with www.crossdresstravel.com

Now to get up the courage to actually do it.....

New Member from Scotland paulinescotlandcd's Avatar
    I have been on around ten cruises and on NCL there is a group called Friends of Dorothy and I think CD'ers are made very welcome. You should check out Gylllian Smythe's Flickr pictures as she has been on way more cruises than me and just gets dolled up and does her thing.https://www.flickr.com/photos/gyllian/

Well, this seems to be a move in an more accepting direction!

CHLOE I don't know about your side of the pond, but there are a number of European tour companies that offer holidays, including cruising targeted at CDs. Not used them myself, but my wife and I do enjoy cruise holidays. We have always been with a smaller company, and smaller vessels, no more than 850 guests. Always a safe and comfortable environment, and the gala nights really give you the chance to dress to the nines. I might add that Teresa in her union flag dress would enjoy the British nights also.

Aspiring Member
    I briefly looked into CDing cruises, and that is something I would be interested in. It would be a dream of mine to attend formal night in the dining room in a lovely evening gown. However, the ones I saw were just carribbean cruises. I hate hot weather and hot destinations, the heat would simply melt all my makeup off plus I would wind up sweating thru out the whole meal.

Now, if there was an Alaskan one in the fall, that would be perfect. Or Eastern Canada/US in the fall it would fit the bill too.

I would wait until covid cases drop significantly, right now I am really gun shy on any cruises. Not sure if I want an additional "2 weeks vacay" locked in the same cabin holiday after the main cruise is done.

Banned Read only
    Yep it's a thing... I guess if cruses are your thing then it might be fun. They are not my thing as I see cruses as being stuck inside a hotel that you will drown if you try to leave.

As for going on a "crossdresser cruse" I get the whole safety in numbers aspect of CD events. But personally I am beginning to think that big CD events just draws that much more unwanted attention to us. I would rather just try to blend in on my own.

Oh and here's a better search

Aspiring Member
    Several posts here have highlighted organized CD cruises. On the other hand, some of us make cruising a DIY thing with pleasure and success.
    - Rhonda Williams loves cruises. http://www.rhondasescape.com/2019/07...airy-tale.html
    - Marian has been doing and planning cruises for several years. https://dottingiscrossingts.blogspot...al-cruise.html
    There is a counter intuitive aspect to a cruise that makes it attractive: we think we are safer as CDs if we are alone by ourselves but the opposite is actually true. The larger the crowd, the safer a cross dresser is. Large crowds practically 24/7 are what being out and about on a cruise is all about.
    Personally, I hate cruises but for reasons completely unrelated to CDing. https://livestly.com/travel-agent-cr...ons-realities/

Quote Originally Posted by paulinescotlandcd View Post
    I have been on around ten cruises and on NCL there is a group called Friends of Dorothy and I think CD'ers are made very welcome. You should check out Gylllian Smythe's Flickr pictures as she has been on way more cruises than me and just gets dolled up and does her thing.https://www.flickr.com/photos/gyllian/
    A little off topic, but ?Friend of Dorothy? is an old ?password? gay men used to use to identify each other when they could be prosecuted for being gay. Not a lot of poeple know this, but that gathering at the Stonewall Inn that eventually led to the Stonewall riots (a watershed moment in gay rights) was to commemorate the death of Judy Garland.

If you look up crossdresstravel Jennifer sometimes she puts on a lot of cruises. She talked about it yesterday on the free to be she show about cruises again. Thats one of my goals in life to go do.

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria_R View Post
    If you look up crossdresstravel Jennifer sometimes she puts on a lot of cruises. She talked about it yesterday on the free to be she show about cruises again. Thats one of my goals in life to go do.
    I really enjoy her podcast, she also has a youtube channel. I don't know why she doesn't have more followers, I find her entertaining at times and super positive almost all the time.

https://www.youtube.com/c/CrossDressTravel/

My wife and I have cruised several times, Alaska was last year and the Mississippi River in 2018.

When we shipped from our home port my wife "suggested" that Linda pack a bag as well. It was only for in the cabin but I enjoyed it.

Of course then I was like a caged animal and wanted to get out.

As I said, that's for another time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sometimes Steffi View Post

Wow!!!
    Is this a website that allows me to search other websites?! Is this new? I had no idea. You?ve changed my life. Bravo...bravo. 👏

Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post
    Well they do all kinds of other “specialty cruises” so I imagine there are CD ones as well. As to how enjoyable it would be... well I’m not a cruise person at all, and I’m not big on hanging out with other CDers just because we both dress, so I’ll be passing on that, but I’m sure there are lots of people who would have a blast.
    Interesting. So who do you prefer to hang out with?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I don't believe you'll find a "Crossdressing Cruise".
    What u r likely to find is someone who reserved 25 to 75 tickets for their group. Which could be anything. Railroaders, gays, trans, etc. etc.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Doc is probably right, I mean cruse ships can hold over 3000 passengers. So I really doubt crossdressers will have the whole ship to themselves.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 09-12-2020 at 06:46 PM.

Silver Member
    ' I’m not big on hanging out with other CDers just because we both dress," I'have a similar opinion. I enjoy being with people who have similar interests, but CDing is not one of them. If someone I am friends with is a CD that would not bother me, but I would not seek out people who were CDs to hang with. I have friends who like doing a lot of different things. I enjoy talking to women about clothes, but it isn't the only thing we have in common.

Banned Read only
    Chloe, I must have missed some posts. The last I read you and your wife were miles apart of your cross dressing. Now, she is alright with going on a cross dresser cruise? Personally, I am not a fan of cruises and my wife will never step onto a vessel for fear of catching something. If my wife was so inclined to participate in some cross dressing activity I'd go for some meeting on dry land. Although, not this year due to COVID-19, there is an annual conference of cross dressers held every year in Port Angeles, WA. It's beautiful on Puget Sound. The hotel has been hosting it for years. Plenty to do other than looking at water from a boat rail. It's called Esprit Gala. Next conference is May 9-16, 2021 if COVID-19 is licked by then.