Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crossdressing and Cruises... is this a thing?

Crossdressing and Cruises... is this a thing?

So my wife read about a cross dressing cruise, where I assume it?s a bunch of people and most of them are crossdressers. So it?s a safe space and a fun cruise! Now my wife is all about the cruises and she thought that this would be a great place for her and I to go where I could dress up and be with her while I?m dressed up, which I think sounds amazing. She?s also read that crossdressing is great to do on cruises whether or not the cruise is specifically targeted for that. So is this a thing that I just haven?t heard about before? Has anyone here done anything like that or heard about this before?

Well they do all kinds of other “specialty cruises” so I imagine there are CD ones as well. As to how enjoyable it would be... well I’m not a cruise person at all, and I’m not big on hanging out with other CDers just because we both dress, so I’ll be passing on that, but I’m sure there are lots of people who would have a blast.

Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

New Member from Scotland paulinescotlandcd's Avatar
    I have been on around ten cruises and on NCL there is a group called Friends of Dorothy and I think CD'ers are made very welcome. You should check out Gylllian Smythe's Flickr pictures as she has been on way more cruises than me and just gets dolled up and does her thing.https://www.flickr.com/photos/gyllian/

Well, this seems to be a move in an more accepting direction!

If you look up crossdresstravel Jennifer sometimes she puts on a lot of cruises. She talked about it yesterday on the free to be she show about cruises again. Thats one of my goals in life to go do.

CHLOE I don't know about your side of the pond, but there are a number of European tour companies that offer holidays, including cruising targeted at CDs. Not used them myself, but my wife and I do enjoy cruise holidays. We have always been with a smaller company, and smaller vessels, no more than 850 guests. Always a safe and comfortable environment, and the gala nights really give you the chance to dress to the nines. I might add that Teresa in her union flag dress would enjoy the British nights also.

Aspiring Member
    I briefly looked into CDing cruises, and that is something I would be interested in. It would be a dream of mine to attend formal night in the dining room in a lovely evening gown. However, the ones I saw were just carribbean cruises. I hate hot weather and hot destinations, the heat would simply melt all my makeup off plus I would wind up sweating thru out the whole meal.

Now, if there was an Alaskan one in the fall, that would be perfect. Or Eastern Canada/US in the fall it would fit the bill too.

I would wait until covid cases drop significantly, right now I am really gun shy on any cruises. Not sure if I want an additional "2 weeks vacay" locked in the same cabin holiday after the main cruise is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Sometimes Steffi View Post

Wow!!!
    Is this a website that allows me to search other websites?! Is this new? I had no idea. You?ve changed my life. Bravo...bravo. 👏

Banned Read only
    Yep it's a thing... I guess if cruses are your thing then it might be fun. They are not my thing as I see cruses as being stuck inside a hotel that you will drown if you try to leave.

As for going on a "crossdresser cruse" I get the whole safety in numbers aspect of CD events. But personally I am beginning to think that big CD events just draws that much more unwanted attention to us. I would rather just try to blend in on my own.

Oh and here's a better search

Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post
    Well they do all kinds of other “specialty cruises” so I imagine there are CD ones as well. As to how enjoyable it would be... well I’m not a cruise person at all, and I’m not big on hanging out with other CDers just because we both dress, so I’ll be passing on that, but I’m sure there are lots of people who would have a blast.
    Interesting. So who do you prefer to hang out with?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I don't believe you'll find a "Crossdressing Cruise".
    What u r likely to find is someone who reserved 25 to 75 tickets for their group. Which could be anything. Railroaders, gays, trans, etc. etc.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Doc is probably right, I mean cruse ships can hold over 3000 passengers. So I really doubt crossdressers will have the whole ship to themselves.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 09-12-2020 at 06:46 PM.

Banned Read only
    Roberta,
    Sorry but you're not stuck on board or likely to drown , from the cruises I've done it's a great base to go out and explore parts of the World and when back on board you can catch up with friends over a drink , sit down to a great selection of meals and then take in one of the shows . Perhaps don't know it till you try it .

I'm inclined to agree with your comments in the second paragraph , I hope to take a cruise round the UK next year but I'm quite happy to travel as Teresa , I don't need safety in numbers because I'll be travelling as a TG person .

Chloe,
    Most cruise lines have to be CDer/TG friendly , I believe there used to be an exclusive cruise but nowdays acceptance is better so there isn't the same need for exclusive ones . As Sherry says you maybe able to join an organised group , it depends also if you wife would be comfortable with more than just you being dressed

I have crossdressed on many cruises.

I usually dress up early in the morning and go to the lido deck. I have coffee and/or breakfast.

I've never dressed 24/7 because my family is with me and it our vacation,not just mine.

I've never had issue. Just dress casual like the ladies on the ship and you'll be fine.

Just a warning be prepared for the wind with your wig/hair. It's always blowing on every ship I've been on.

Andrea
    Last edited by Andrea Renea; 09-13-2020 at 05:31 AM.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Roberta,
    Sorry but you're not stuck on board or likely to drown...
    LOL I know, but cruses have just never appealed to me. I have friends who are cruse nuts, they spent three days to get to to Hawaii. Then three ports in three days, and then three days back. When I went to Hawaii I spent a few hours flying and a week in Hawaii and a few hours flying back. To me that's time better spent, but they like to drink and gamble and apparently that's all they do on the ship during the cruse.

Silver Member
    ' I’m not big on hanging out with other CDers just because we both dress," I'have a similar opinion. I enjoy being with people who have similar interests, but CDing is not one of them. If someone I am friends with is a CD that would not bother me, but I would not seek out people who were CDs to hang with. I have friends who like doing a lot of different things. I enjoy talking to women about clothes, but it isn't the only thing we have in common.

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe_S View Post
    Wow!!!
    Is this a website that allows me to search other websites?! Is this new? I had no idea. You?ve changed my life. Bravo...bravo. ��
    I just went on yahoo! and searched for "crossdressing cruises". Since I got so many hits, I copied the search and decided to let you sort through the hits. I know everybody searches using google, but I find it gives me too many results to sort through easily. And since it's so thorough, it gives a lot more duplicates than yahoo!

I basically did the same thing that Roberta did, except she used google.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertacd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Robertacd View Post
    Doc is probably right, I mean cruise ships can hold over 3000 passengers. So I really doubt crossdressers will have the whole ship to themselves.
    Many cruise ships are the "supertankers" of cruise ships. But there are also many smaller ones that only carry a few hundred passengers. Since they are smaller, don't expect 10 swimming pools and a roller coaster.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 09-13-2020 at 09:08 PM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Platinum Member
    Chloe, I must have missed some posts. The last I read you and your wife were miles apart of your cross dressing. Now, she is alright with going on a cross dresser cruise? Personally, I am not a fan of cruises and my wife will never step onto a vessel for fear of catching something. If my wife was so inclined to participate in some cross dressing activity I'd go for some meeting on dry land. Although, not this year due to COVID-19, there is an annual conference of cross dressers held every year in Port Angeles, WA. It's beautiful on Puget Sound. The hotel has been hosting it for years. Plenty to do other than looking at water from a boat rail. It's called Esprit Gala. Next conference is May 9-16, 2021 if COVID-19 is licked by then.

Well, having worked in the cruise industry for over 25 years I can certainly tell you that it is a great way to travel. My wife and I work onboard and that is where we met. I was laughing at many of the replies above and how people that have never cruised before have no idea what it is like, there is so much fake news and ignorance out there about cruising. People are entitled to their opinions though so that is fine, I don't let it bother me too much. But, back to the OP's question.....

Yes, you can CD on a ship, the crew will all be fine with it, we are used to living with people that have alternative lifestyles and could really care less. Of course there are a few crew members who live with it but will slay you behind your back (just like in the real world), they would never say anything to your face but you will be the topic of conversation in the mess and the crew bar. And I am sure just like on land, you might be talked about around the dinner table by other passengers - assuming you don't blend in and decide to be overly flamboyant. I doubt very much that you will run into any issues at all, hard to say, people are people, whether on land or on a ship. Cruising is a great way to get a little taste of different areas of the world, you'll meet many nice people (and a few not so nice people). Take a cruise, take some girly clothes with you and have fun, some advice, if you can't walk on carpet in heels, take some flats as most of the interior is plush carpet !!!

There are a few lines that have done full ship LGBTQ... cruises, Carnival and NCL are the main big ship lines, I know Princess has done a couple as well as Royal Caribbean. Many smaller lines also charter out their ships for many different groups, any line will charter a ship out, any size, doesn't matter, it is all about $$$ I have worked quite a few full ship (huge ships and small ships) charters for different groups (NASCAR, NHL, Amway) and unfortunately we disembarked a cruise before our ship was chartered for a LGBTQ cruise. My gay friends have been on many chartered cruises and they love them, they say they are crazy but the clientele on them seems to be primarily young gay males with a small mix of the other "boxes and labels". There are tons of different charters out there for all sorts of people.

During all my years at sea I can only faintly remember a couple of CD's on ships I worked on.

While I love the idea of a crossdressing anything, even before Covid, cruises were floating petri dishes. Not sure I would go.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Banned Read only
    Jami,
    That's the rub at the moment , nothing we can do about it but be patient and still try and stay safe .

Teresa, my point was, even before Covid, at least on this side of the Atlantic, rhinovirus plagued the cruise ship industry.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

There was a couple based in FL who founded crossdresstravel.com and pre-covid they organized cruises and other events. The site is still active but requires registration to see much of anything. Probably not much being offered during these pandemic days.

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria_R View Post
    If you look up crossdresstravel Jennifer sometimes she puts on a lot of cruises. She talked about it yesterday on the free to be she show about cruises again. Thats one of my goals in life to go do.
    I really enjoy her podcast, she also has a youtube channel. I don't know why she doesn't have more followers, I find her entertaining at times and super positive almost all the time.

https://www.youtube.com/c/CrossDressTravel/