Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crossdressing and Cruises... is this a thing?

Silver Member
    Crossdresstravel.com

I love cruising and look forward to going on another one in a few years. I found that Royal Caribbean takes health and sanitation seriously, so I don't worry much about getting sick from ordinary viruses. My wife is not accepting of my dressing, so that wouldn't happen on a cruise, but I have often fantasized about cruising as Bridget. Unfortunately there seem to be fewer formal dining nights (at least according to the travel mags) so not much chance of going out in a sweet cocktail dress or formal gown.
    Your friendly, neighborhood cyber CD.

Thanks Ladies!

I just registered with www.crossdresstravel.com

Now to get up the courage to actually do it.....

Banned Read only
    Bridget,
    Girls still have that choice , nothing will stop me taking my sequined gowns and some nice heels .

Linda,
    I hope to take a cruise next year , so find the courage , I'm sure you won't regret it .

Personally the ten month cruise I took in a big gray cruise ship that had a built in airport cured me of cruises. I worked in catapults and associate cruising with jet intakes and exhaust so no interest but I have heard of the type of cruises being discussed in this thread.

Have the cruise lines even resumed cruises or are they still on Covid hold? I would stay away from vacation cruises until Covid is no longer an issue. By my way of thinking the cruise ships would be like incubators. Remember how they sat waiting to be allowed to enter port with outbreaks and sick crew and passengers? I could still see that happening.

My wife and I have cruised several times, Alaska was last year and the Mississippi River in 2018.

When we shipped from our home port my wife "suggested" that Linda pack a bag as well. It was only for in the cabin but I enjoyed it.

Of course then I was like a caged animal and wanted to get out.

As I said, that's for another time.

Quote Originally Posted by Star01 View Post
    Personally the ten month cruise I took in a big gray cruise ship that had a built in airport cured me of cruises. I worked in catapults and associate cruising with jet intakes and exhaust so no interest but I have heard of the type of cruises being discussed in this thread.
    So sorry. I'll bet you got the one that didn't even have portals in the rooms below deck. I hope you didn't have to hot bunk.

Thanks you for your service.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Silver Member
    There used to be the annual "Dignity Cruises", which were what you describe, and were popular and run for many years. However, the couple that hosted them passed away a number of years ago. I don't think anyone picked it up and they have been discontinued.

Aspiring Member
    Several posts here have highlighted organized CD cruises. On the other hand, some of us make cruising a DIY thing with pleasure and success.
    - Rhonda Williams loves cruises. http://www.rhondasescape.com/2019/07...airy-tale.html
    - Marian has been doing and planning cruises for several years. https://dottingiscrossingts.blogspot...al-cruise.html
    There is a counter intuitive aspect to a cruise that makes it attractive: we think we are safer as CDs if we are alone by ourselves but the opposite is actually true. The larger the crowd, the safer a cross dresser is. Large crowds practically 24/7 are what being out and about on a cruise is all about.
    Personally, I hate cruises but for reasons completely unrelated to CDing. https://livestly.com/travel-agent-cr...ons-realities/

I also would stay away from the floating tin cans of party people till the COVID problem is solved. I can say that back in 1950 I "cruised" from San Diego to Hawai'i. then six cruises to the Carrabien in drab. One was a special Square Dancers Cruise. If your boat is not filled up the ship line will fill in the empty rooms with other people. On our ships we also had special meeting for "FRIENDS OF BILLY W".
    I have heard of cruse packages put together for LGBTQ groups, "Single only", "Familys only", and "GRAY" groups. Basically it is if you can get enough people together with a common intrest, you can book a special group rate.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Really haven't heard of this but it wouldn't surprise me. I've seen all kinds of specialty cruises from everything from a favorite football team to watches and even "naturalist" cruises. Given that, a crossdressing cruise seems likely as well.

Lacy PJs

Quote Originally Posted by Sometimes Steffi View Post
    So sorry. I'll bet you got the one that didn't even have portals in the rooms below deck. I hope you didn't have to hot bunk.

Thanks you for your service.
    I was in fresh air from early morning until late in the evening with very little time for eating and catching a break. Not a pleasure cruise by any means.

Star01 I have been wanting to go on a cruise where I could just relax and not worry about going on watch, man overboard drills, and flight ops all night. Just be able to enjoy the ocean.

Flight ops with flashlight wands and afterburners must be experienced to be truly appreciated. I hear that they allow women on board ship now and I have seen video clips of them hooking jets up to the cat but I don't think greasy green shirts are the way anyone here wants to dress on a cruise.

A crossdressing cruise would be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by paulinescotlandcd View Post
    I have been on around ten cruises and on NCL there is a group called Friends of Dorothy and I think CD'ers are made very welcome. You should check out Gylllian Smythe's Flickr pictures as she has been on way more cruises than me and just gets dolled up and does her thing.https://www.flickr.com/photos/gyllian/
    A little off topic, but ?Friend of Dorothy? is an old ?password? gay men used to use to identify each other when they could be prosecuted for being gay. Not a lot of poeple know this, but that gathering at the Stonewall Inn that eventually led to the Stonewall riots (a watershed moment in gay rights) was to commemorate the death of Judy Garland.

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Bridget,
    Girls still have that choice , nothing will stop me taking my sequined gowns and some nice heels .

Linda,
    I hope to take a cruise next year , so find the courage , I'm sure you won't regret it .
    How about a cruise --on a canal boat........☺
    Liz

The Rose City T-Girls did a Mexico cruise a couple of years ago:

https://www.rosecitytgirls.com/event/mexico-cruise/

Pied Piper cruises offers a few CD/Trans-centric cruises throughout the year.

LINK:
    http://piedpipercruises.com/
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!