Thread: I told my step mom

I told my step mom

So for about a year now I been having a feeling that I needed to tell someone about my crossdressing. My wife already knows and is very supportive. Sometimes talking to her about it is like talking to a brick wall. Sometimes she listens and sometimes she doesn't. No big deal. Lately I been depressed about wanting to talk to someone else about it and my wife came up and said why don't you talk to your step mom about it. I said well she may not be understanding and I don't want to have that Awkwardness if she doesn't agree with it. My wife said you will be surprised she maybe ok with it. Ok so I am going to back up a long time ago. When I was about 6 or 7 is when my dad and my step mom got married. At that time I was taking her bras and panties and bodysuits as a start to my crossdressing. Well I got caught and of course we had the talk on how its wrong and stuff. So as of me now I always had that day in my mind and I was not going to tell her. So days go by my wife knows I am not acting right and she just says just tell her get it off your chest everything will be ok. So that night my wife and I was laying in bed and I been daydreaming about telling my step mom and how she was ok with it and I asked her to go shopping with me and help me pick out outfits. Since my wife hates shopping lol. My wife just laid there laughing about my daydreaming. So the very next day my step mom was in her office doing paperwork and I walk in and sat down and we talked about our work day. The whole time I wanted to tell her but was to scared. So she must have heard in my voice or something but she turned to me and said is something wrong you don't seem like yourself. I felt like I wanted to pass out but I said yes I want to talk to you about something. I asked are you a judgemental person. Her reply was no with a lol. I then go on and say I been doing something that makes me happy and takes away my stress and I been doing it ever since I was little but its hard to talk about it. She laughed and said just tell me I am dying to know. So I took a deep breath and said I am a crossdresser. She looked at me and smiled and said how hard was that. There is nothing wrong with that. I am glad you came to me and told me this. I said I been doing it since I was little and you know about it because you caught me lol. She looked at me and said again I am happy you came and talked to me about and its between me and you. She then asked if my wife knows and I told her yes she knew way before we got married. She said that was good. She gave me a big hug and said everything is good and we will talk more about this later.So that night I came home and my wife saw I looked happy. She asked did I tell her I said yes and told my wife the full details and said see i told you she would be ok with it. So today I went by my step moms house to get something out of my dads garage and I asked her i got a off the wall favor can you help me with. She said whats that you need help finding shoes since you got big feet. I laughed and said well no I got plenty of shoes and heels but can you help me find outfits since I really don't know what kind of look I am going for. She look at me and said I will be glad to help you. I felt like I wanted to die. I was so happy and we talked some more and made a date for next week to go shopping. I told my wife and she was so happy for me. I wished I have told her sooner. I never thought she would be this way. But I am so happy because I feel even closer to her. I always was a little stand off from her and not tell her any of my feelings but as I got older I came around. I look at it today and feel like I made the best decision of my life. Sorry that this story is long but I just had to share.

That's so great. I'm so excited for you.

I think my mom would have been OK with it. In fact, looking back on, I think she must have known. And she probably told my dad also.

But they never said anything about it to me. And went I actually had a real GG date for my senior prom, they may well have figured that it was just a phase that I was going through. It wouldn't have been the only phase I went through as a kid.

I've never told anyone this, but here goes. There was a time when I was playing baseball in the yard as a kid. I came into the house to get a glass of water, and my mom was doing her nails, in red. I got my drink of water and was heading back out to play ball. I must have tarried to long at the door watching her put on her nail polish.

Talk about a deer in the headlights. I was frozen in place. After thinking about it for a minute, I walked over to her and held out my hand so she could paint my nails. She painted one nail, and I barely got to look at it before I totally freaked out. I grabbed a tissue and wiped the nail polish off before it even dried. I turned to go play ball again, but she called me back, She got out nail polish remover and wiped my finger nail again. She said, "I just wanted to make sure it all came off." And then it was over.

I never "got lucky" again. I always wished she had offered again when my brother and friends weren't around. What a missed opportunity.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Banned Read only
    Victoria, it's always great to read a story of acceptance by close family members. Good luck on your shopping trips. Be sure to treat her to lunch....after COVID.

So happy for you!

Great family

Victoria, Thanks for sharing. I'm glad your step mom was so accepting. My mom knows too. She is the one who brought it up.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Victoria,

Great story. I read it and it makes me think I need to share my story too. I told my wife but she is not supportive at all. I have 5 sisters, maybe I can talk to my oldest one. Hard to say.

Regarding reading your story. It was hard for me. Why? Because to me I see a big block of words. Maybe I could read things like this easier if there were breaks, like paragraphs. Please do not get me wrong. I kind of teared up reading it, love it.

Thanks everyone. It was hard opening up to her and talk about it. I had no problem at all telling my wife that was easy. I guess as a parent watching your son grow up and being apart of there lives you will think you will know everything about them but somethings you don't. It was a big weight on my chest and now I feel free and blessed to have a loving step mom who I can share this with and be true to myself. I know apart of her is hurting because of her own daughter moved away to a different state and they don't talk much or now spend time together. Maybe this is how she can cope by her son being a crossdresser who she can do mother daughter things with. This is a new chapter in my life that I can't wait to see how it goes.

Platinum Member
    I guess you already know that you are very fortunate to have both a supportive wife and a supportive step mom.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

My step mom was the first person I came out too. She helped me more then I ever realized. I could tell her I was going to dress to sleep and she would be sure to wake me before my dad came in to wake me. Then I told my oldest sister and she was very helpful also but I still remained in the closet.

Quote Originally Posted by Natalie5004 View Post
    Victoria,
    Regarding reading your story. It was hard for me. Why? Because to me I see a big block of words. Maybe I could read things like this easier if there were breaks, like paragraphs. Please do not get me wrong. I kind of teared up reading it, love it.
    I've talked some about this before. I had a talk with my wife about going to the Keystone Conference en femme for 4 days. Before I talked to her, I put together a little handwritten PowerPoint briefing. I give briefings all the time at work, and my briefing stye is to write 4 to 6 bullet points per slide. I brief the slide by taking around each bullet point; I don't read from my slides, but the bullet points make sure that I cover all the important highlights.

Just my way of doing it, and it worked!!!
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Brave. Now what?