Thread: CD'er of many styles.

I NEVER go bare-legged! Kimberly A.'s Avatar

CD'er of many styles.

Hey y'all!

Yep, I just had another random thought that I wanted to share. LOL
    Anyway, for those of you who look at the pictures that I post, I'm sure you all have noticed that my styles do change and I try a lot of different styles, wigs, color of makeup, (eyeshadow, lipstick and nail polish). I guess the reason why I can't pick just ONE style is, I like to look a bit different, sometimes in a big way, sometimes a small way, every time I go out dressed. I did post that I am experimenting with different styles, but I still can't pick just one because I like the variety..... As we all know, there are SO many different styles and types of women's clothing and I love trying different things.

Also, my GG friend who knows that I'm a CD'er told me I could rock a goth a look. She used to be goth, years ago before she got married and had children and suggested that I try a goth style..... I told her that I might and she said that she would give me some pointers on what to wear and on the makeup. So yeah, I just may try a goth look, I'm just not sure when. LOL
    My YouTube channel: Kimberly A.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Life is so short, Kim. U go girl!

I get that trans want to present themselves as the female they feel they r.

But, I don't get CD's, who only dress occasionally, NOT trying every fem look that appeals to them. Which is why I match my figure to my outfit du jour! And, want to try ever female outfit I like while I still can, physically.

My avatar is perfect example of trying everything!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Well isn't the endless array of styles to chose from one of our main draws to women's fashion?

Have fun and don't be afraid to break fashion rules, as the only rule that matters is: There are no rules.

I love to try all different styles and colors.

Once, I walked by a Lululemons. I got brave enough to go in male mode, I had the following interaction with th SA.

SA: Is there anything I can help you with?

Me: Yeah, I was looking for some yoga pants.

To my disappointment, she took me to the display on men's yoga pants.

Me: Actually, I was looking for something other than black, gray or navy.

SA: Would you like to look at the women's yoga pants?

Me: Sure. I didn't want to seem too anxious.

The SA takes me back to the women's yoga pants. She explained about the different compression fabrics, etc.

Then I looked at the price. They were $100 +/-.

I can get 5 pair at Marshall's for $100. I didn't want to waste her time, so I thanked her and left.

BTW, all the female yoga pants were a single femme color. All of mine are floral, multicolor or tribal.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 09-16-2020 at 01:27 PM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sometimes Steffi View Post
    Me: Actually, I was looking for something other than black, gray or navy.
    This right here, is why i turn to aliexpress. International is just much more colorful.

I also like to mix it up. It's no fun sticking to a certain style. Just do a bit of homework to make sure you don't end up looking disjointed but then have fun mixing and matching!

I NEVER go bare-legged! Kimberly A.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Life is so short, Kim. U go girl!
    EXACTLY, Doc! LOL
    Well, you know I'm not trans, just a CD'er and now that I have more time to CD, I do NOT only do it occasionally..... I've been dressing almost every day since I got back.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Robertacd View Post
    Have fun and don't be afraid to break fashion rules, as the only rule that matters is: There are no rules.
    PRECICESLY, Roberta! LOL Y'all know I break the "fashion rules" a lot, with wearing hose with open-toed shoes. To me, that's sexy.

Wow that's cool, Steffi. Sounds like quite the (good) encounter with the SA and sounds like she was very helpful. LOL

Absolutely Jenny, I agree 100%! I'm thinking of trying a goth look in the future, but not sure when..... My GG friend was goth for YEARS and she's willing to give me some pointers on it. LOL
    My YouTube channel: Kimberly A.

Unless you are going for a minimal wardrobe where everything should match for efficiency, then there is no reason to have some variety in styles. The problem with getting something in another style is that it might not match with things from your current wardrobe (such as jewelry and shoes), so when going for a new style make sure you are able to put together a full outfit or two. If you like the style and wear it often enough, buy some more

Kimberly

I've gotten very brave shopping in male mode, and I'm not afraid to consult the SAs.

I posted here recently about walking up to an SA at Lord and Taylor and told her I wanted to try on an evening gown. I didn't ask her like I needed permission, but I told her what I wanted like it was normal. I was very natural about it, as if guys come in to L&T to try on evening gowns every day. The first SA I talked to almost looked like she might pass out from shock. She was Indian and her first response was to make sure we were speaking the same language by mimicking what a long gown looked like. After her brain re-engaged, she turned me over to her manager who set me up in a dressing room on the women's side.

The two gowns I tried on didn't look good on me, but I found a very pretty floral scuba dress on the return rack that I bought. The SA zipped and unzipped me when I needed help, and she commented on the fit and look.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

It is obvious that I need an intervention along the lines of Queer Eye only with CD sisters as the makeover experts. I am a country bumpkin type with my old jeans and faded pocket t shirts in male mode. Fashion? What's that? Fashionable to me is no holes in my t shirt. I'm like a female version of my male self when en femme. No thrift store mid 2,000's item from the sales bin is too out of date for my poor fashion sense. You girls would have your work cut out for you. At this point I would insert a smiley face to be sure everyone knows that this comment is self depicrating humor at my own expense but I don't know how.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Interesting, Star. Robert is exactly like u. Comfy dirty jeans and loose, cotton shirt. I find T shirts too confining!

But, Sherry is the opposite! No outfit is too fancy or complicated. And, no hi heel or foundation garment is too confining or uncomfortable for her to wear!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I definitely don?t have a lot of choices for clothing. Lots of yoga pants and sports bras to choose from. But my girlfriend and I are planning a trip to value village soon and spend some money there. Getting many different types of things. Hoping for some variety of materials and colors. Can?t wait for her advice to help with shopping and seeing what she approves of.

You should try the Goth look...its very androgynous anyway...lots of lace for both sexes and no one bats an eyelid if you wear a long black skirt whether m or f

I feel obliged to respond to this one.

You should totally go for a Goth look, 'cause it's cool.

On a practical note, I don't own a single item of clothing that isn't black. Saves on worrying whether things match (till you get into the sun and realize you're wearing four different blacks.

Abbyxx

My whole existence is as drab and boring as my fashion sense. I'm not sure how Goth would go over at Fleet Farm but I will give it a try. By the way, what is Goth?

"What is Goth?"
    That's a question to get you into bother.
    It depends on who you are, when you grew up and what your local scene is like.
    Think Siouxsie Sioux