Thread: The Pain of Beauty

The Pain of Beauty

ARGH! A couple of weeks ago, I was chasing my daughter and stubbed my toe on a door jam. My foot has been swollen for the last two weeks, so no heels yesterday I noticed that MOST of the swelling has subsided so I wanted to get the heels on. Well due to an upcoming move they wer boxed up and on a shelf, with another box on top. So you guessed it, When trying to get the boxes down one slid and caught me in the lip, no fat (plump) limps and fortunately not tooth damage.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I would have to say my outings past, present, and future in 4"to 5 1/2" heels have caused me the greatest amount of pain.

Even now, my calves r sore 2 days after a shoot in hi heels last weekend!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Rylie,
    You know the saying , accidents happen in threes , so watch out for the next one !!

Gold Member
    WOW, Don't let OSHA know of your mishaps.
    You might think of getting some steel toe shoes, and a hard hat.
    Rader

Probably only my feet, and knees. I learned early on that wearing shoes too small for my feet, was detrimental to my foot health. Wearing them for too long, and I developed tingling and then numbness in my toes where they were crowded too much in the pointy tips of heels as my feet got forced into the inadequate space from sliding down. Then, it was a matter of just crunching my poor toes into the same spaces of even flats, because they just don't make giant girl's shoes for us poor fellows with giant (men's size 16) feet. Today, there are a few, and I mean VERY few (I only know of ONE style that comes in a size 17, for example, and only in black or white), shoes available for us in the far reaches of the sizes, but even those are hard to come by. I've been trying to find a pair of silver high heeled boots by Pleaser now, for eight years. They WERE made, once upon a time, but apparently a few lucky crossdressers scooped them up before I could!
    Other than that, and the effects of wearing heels on my arthritic knees from changing the way my legs work, beauty hasn't been very painful; but then again, I'm not very beautiful, nor had any chance to be. Perhaps if there was any possibility that doing things that might have been painful could have made me into the pretty girl that I wanted to be, was possible, then maybe I would have been willing to undergo the pain, to achieve what I desired.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.