Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reason you crossdress

Reason you crossdress

I am curious why people here dress up. Did it start with sexual gratification and remain that reason? Embracing femininity? Kinks and fetish reasons?

When I crossdress, it just feels good. I feel like a girl and want to feminize myself even more. I dislike my male attributes when I dress and want to hide them and get no sexual gratification from doing it.

Could this be a sign of being trans rather just enjoying being a girl for a day? I would be a girl in a heartbeat if there was that magical pill.

I NEVER go bare-legged! Kimberly A.'s Avatar
    Mia, I see that you're new so first of all, welcome to the forum.

Also, I know you didn't know this but this topic has been brought up before and I have no problem replying to you and answering your questions..... As for me first of all, my dressing is not a sexual fetish or a kink. I don't dislike my male attributes, I very much enjoying being a man and dressing like a woman, but of course, I do tuck in order to hide my male anatomy when I go out dressed, it's just one of the many things I do to be at least somewhat passable.

But like you, it just feels really good to crossdress and I love to feminize myself as well. I still really don't know why I have such a strong feminine side or why I have a strong desire to crossdress, but it's all there and I do embrace my femininity to the fullest.

Now, as far as it being a sign of being transgender, I suppose it just depends on your personal preference, or what you want to be..... Are you trans, or just a crossdresser? Me, I'm just a crossdresser and have no desire to fully become a woman. I have, on more than one occasion said that I love to be able to dress, then quickly and easily take off all of my feminine things and be back in "male mode" again. I don't want any permanent changes to my body in order to make me more femme..... Except for getting my ears pierced, because I got tired of clip-ons and having real earrings, imho makes me a little more passable. But still, a lot of very straight, masculine men who do not CD at all have their ears pierced and wear earrings. LOL Anyway, I'm beginning to ramble, so I'll end my reply here and I hope I've answered your question from my perspective.
    My YouTube channel: Kimberly A.

Platinum Member
    I?m not going to get lost in definitions. I will simply observe that I am transgender and cross dressing is one way to express my gender identity.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Banned Read only
    The entirety of the content of this forum is dedicated to explaining why we dress. Read. Learn. Enjoy.

Aspiring Member
    First was a trill, then a sexual thing, then I don't know, I just hooked, I wear Women's underwear, no big deal, I am older now, its normal, just cant explain it, I am Male and want no part of being a Woman and I am not attracted to Men, just straight, I gives me a high, blood flowing good feeling, I remembered the first time I wear a Panty for a whole Day outdoor doing errands was joy, it still is, I wear Brassiere now with breastform, and still Male, it doesn't go away permanently.
    Live Today as if it is your last day

Hi Kimberly, thanks for your reply and welcoming me to the forum.

As for the reason you crossdress, it?s good to know it?s not purely sexual as that?s what the case seems to be elsewhere I?ve been reading online. I think it?s good and healthy that we express our femininity as it is suppressed in our society way too much. It?s nice to be around like minded individuals!

Sometimes I do like I can take off all my clothes and just be male, but at times I dislike my manly hands and wide shoulders. This only happens when I dress and when I?m in male mode, I just want to feel feminine, have curves and have soft facial features if that makes sense. Perhaps like Kim commented, I could also be trans and find my outlet with cross dressing. Also, I?ve had my ears pierced since I was a teenager and recently opened them back up bc yes, it feels good having the real thing lol! Enjoy 😊

Btw Kim, I don?t intend to categorize or require definitions but I do think it?s good to understand ones desires and identity. I suppose I?m on that path. I assume that?s the best way to ease the dysphoria without transitioning?

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce64 View Post
    First was a trill, then a sexual thing, then I don't know, I just hooked, I wear Women's underwear, no big deal, I am older now, its normal, just cant explain it, I am Male and want no part of being a Woman and I am not attracted to Men, just straight, I gives me a high, blood flowing good feeling, I remembered the first time I wear a Panty for a whole Day outdoor doing errands was joy, it still is, I wear Brassiere now with breastform, and still Male, it doesn't go away permanently.
    I remember my first time too and it was like a high. Do go out in public fully dressed? And so you never have the desire to have any physical female attributes?

I?m starting to learn like gender, even crossdressing is on a spectrum. So fascinating.

Platinum Member
    I have not idea why I am drawn to wear women's clothing. As a child of the 1960's there is no valid reason for me to endure the self loathing and potential dislike or worse from family, friends and society. Not reason to endure discrimination in employment. To end up on some government pervert list or deviant list. Even the brief feeling of euphoria which was always was followed by self loathing does not justify the experience. I've read all the posts about little boys being dolled up by mothers, aunts, sisters or cousins. None of that happened to me. I was all boy. I had no use for girls. Girls were sticks in the mud. I never envied their pretty Easter dresses. Sometime into puberty there was a switch that brought cross dressing to the forefront. There was no nurturing. I have to assume, although I have no proof, there is a genetic component involved.

I do like wearing dresses or admire women who wear dresses. I love colorful prints. I love floral print dresses. I like watching Vanna White on Wheel of Fortune because she wears lovely clothes; prints, colors. I do remember way back in elementary school I liked to draw and did win a fifth grade drawing contest. I am drawn to raising colorful flowers. I have no aversion to doing chores normally assigned to females in our society. I have engaged in some manly activities few men engage in.

At my stage of life I suspect I can easily slide back and forth between presenting in male or female attire. I no longer think in "male" or "female" terms, if in fact I ever did. I look back at my ancestors. All, men and women, were strong willed people, adventurers. Nobody was a docile creature submitting to another.

I do it because it simply feels right.
    "When you come to a fork in the road, Take it!" - Yogi Berra
    I guess I did!

Banned Read only
    Mia,
    Many go through the sexual aspect of Cding , there's no shame in admitted it was a turn on even if it might have died down. They say it's not all about the clothes , to some it actually is , dressing is a hobby , which is a definition I personally find hard to accept . To me what we wear makes a statement it's also a window of how we feel inside , otherwise how are people to know , assuming you aren't deep in the closet .

As I'm now full time wearing male clothes feels more like Cding , it just doesn't feel right , my life is now in balance so my dysphoria isn't a problem .

If you want a definite answer to being trans or not , first ask yourself how bad is my gender dysphoria , if it isn't a problem then you are more likely to be happily into Cding . Wanting to be a girl for a few hours or the odd day is far different from waking up every morning and needing to totally shave and apply makeup before the day starts and then take on every job as a female without switching back to male mode .

I find I now longer need to go round in circles with labels , I've put them back in their littles boxes , the only label I need is Teresa .
    Last edited by Teresa; 09-15-2020 at 06:47 PM.

Gold Member
    I do not need a reason, I just do it because I like it, it feel's right, and I enjoy it.
    am long past the Sex thing, Being that I am 73, so my reason is to enjoy my wanning
    years the best way I can.
    Rader
    PS>>..Welcome to the Forum.

Aspiring Member
    Well, I crossdress because it makes me happy, and because I cannot stop crossdressing. These sensations seem to be automatic and completely involuntary. As a child I was surprised to find out that not all males get the same sensations. Of course this raises the question why does crossdressing produce wonderful sensations in some males, while most males feel nothing but uncomfortable embarrassment?

I tell people that I believe our brains are hardwired to release a host of feel-good neurotransmitters (dopamine, serotonin, oxytocin, etc) when we feminize ourselves. The driver is actually the feel-good neurotransmitters.

So how did our brains get hardwired this way? Well there is a process called synaptogenesis where during formative years the brain produces neural connections at an incredible pace. By the time we are 3 years old our brains have 5-times the neural synapses as an adult! Then through the learning process some connections are reinforced while others are pruned. The process of synaptogenesis occurs at infancy and puberty.

So while we may appear typical in every sense of the word, our neural circuitry is pretty special.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Exclamation I know why I dress!

For the same reason a chicken crosses the road!

That and seeing a pretty woman in my mirror is VERY exciting! And, there's not much a 77 year old can do that's still exciting!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Dressing well in women's clothes is a form of three dimensional art. It isn't easy to look good but I'm up to the challenge.

Marion

It started when I was 4-5 years old, so no it was not sexual. At the point I don't question why I dress, I just do.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I have been thinking about this a lot lately as I am completely surrounded by the pink fog. I really don't know why. What I do know is all my life I have been attracted to feminine things. As a small child I knew there was someone else inside of me and it was a girl. I kept her suppressed for a long time but she wants out and I am letting her spread her wings.

I wish there was an exact answer as to why we enjoy dressing but I guess there isn't. We just do. I love the colors and shapes of womens clothing having painted nails shoes hair all of it makes me feel better more peaceful less angry at the world in general.

I dress because it just feels right best answer I can give. From what I read a lot of us girls feel the same way.

Everything you want to know about how I wound up this way, is in the link in my signature below. It's about a ten minute read. It may be one of the few explanations of how a normal boy was turned into a crossdresser due to external influences, as it seems few of us have any clue as to why they developed the desire to crossdress or become transgender or transsexual after having been 'normal' up to a certain age. To be fair, it took me about 30 years to figure it all out, as during that time, modern mental health still had not learned much about gender identity development, so I had very little help along the way.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

What is the reason that I crossdress? Because the voices in my head tell me that I have to.

Just kidding, I'm not hearing voices. I am, however, compelled to crossdress for reasons that I do not understand so the "I have to" part is factual.

I've said this before, but it bears repeating. I can't express the thought in words, but when I look in the mirror and see a woman looking back at me, I know why I do it.

In the beginning, I got a thrill from wearing panties. Over time, they just started to feel normal/natural. No big deal.

I started wearing bras about 3 years ago. I love the feeling of being hugged all day long.

For me, the reason is... it makes me a better person. It completes the circle.

It makes me feel really good about myself...
    ...Damsel in distress.
    Not exactly natural, Stunning none the less...

(As Girls Go by Suzanne Vega)

I have been analyzing the impulse and here are what I think are all my reasons
    1. I feel a deep primordial feminine sexuality that was what caused me to recognize as a very young child that my sister's panties were the right ones for me.
    2. I want to be able to live in the role of woman a significant part of the time- I identify with the women I see more than the men.
    3. I love the way feminine clothes express a whole other set of body feelings- like being perky, with a different center of gravity than I have when being manly.
    4. I love the sensations of feminine clothes that I can't get in men's clothes
    5. I love the artistic expression in prints and styles of cut
    6. I want to challenge the limiting gender stereotypes that are so restrictive to males and females
    We are all beautiful...!

Quote Originally Posted by Mia_799 View Post
    I am curious why people here dress up. Did it start with sexual gratification and remain that reason? Embracing femininity? Kinks and fetish reasons?
    In short, I dress because I feel I'm a girl inside, and I want look / feel like it on the outside. Because I have so few feminine physical attributes, I tend overcompensate with the clothes and go with the philosophy of "the girl-ier the better."

Kinks? fetishes? Not really. But for me at least, there is a certain amount of feeling more sexually "alive" when I'm en-femme. It's not the reason I dress, but imagining myself as being desirable is a nice side effect - even though the actual result is probably the opposite.

I started crossdressing during puberty so everything was sexual then so I always wondered if my dressing was sexually based. Then I swore off dressing for 15 years and when I came back to it realized it wasn't sexual though it can be sexual if I want it to be. For me it is mostly about the clothes (skirt and dresses). But I don't really feel male or female, so identify as non-binary and transgender (since I am not cisgender). There is so much variety across the crossdressing spectrum.

Aspiring Member
    I do for the sexual thrill. 30 years later I rarely dress with it leading to sexual gratification. Even just panties are low level foreplay. It's a sexual hobby for me.

I don't want to be a woman, I don't have a famine side.