Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Reason you crossdress

I?m happy when I can dress and not happy when I cant.

It was an urge for most of my life. About three years ago I gave in, and have been happier for that. My signature is the reason I tell myself why I cross dress.
    I'm a man. I like being a man. I also love wearing women's clothing. It's my way to show honor, respect and solidarity with them.

I am TG so its about the only time I feel comfortable in my own skin. Even when in guy mode I have something on underneath.

Kendra an ohio crossdress kendracd's Avatar
    For me it did indeed start as a sexual thing but since has developed into a lifestyle that I feel is totally me,

For me it began as a means of sexual gratification, but I was deeply ashamed of it and didn't come out to myself until I was 46 years old and a married parent. In the explorations that followed, I found that it isn't always about sexual gratification for me, although that may still be at the root of it. Although I identify as male and basically crossdress for pleasure, I also sometimes feel the way you do and wish there were a magic way I could live the rest of my life as a woman without blowing up what I have. I have actually lived for the last five years with my things mostly sitting in the closet unused, and only in the last few months have I returned to thinking about the issue a lot. I've been working with a therapist to sort things out.

Finding the right path for yourself will take a lot of work and introspection, and if you can manage to find a therapist to help you, it should be less confusing and troublesome. You will need to do this anyway even if you ultimately determine that you want to live as a female full-time. Good luck, and stay in touch!
    Nancy
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life that you love, you have to find the courage to live it." -- John Irving

Hi Mia!
    My mom used to paint our fingernails and toenails to keep us quiet. We were raised by her and our grandmother. The male role models were all terrible examples of abuse to me. As a teen, I would wear my mothers pantyhose. It was arousing, indeed.
    I crossdress now because I enjoy it. I enjoy female clothing because it is softer and feels better to me. There are more color choices and much more variety in female clothing.
    I agree that CD feels good and makes me feel like a girl. I enjoy being feminine even if I am in a male body. It is part of me, and I relate more to the female in me than to the male.

It started as a sexual thing for me when I was younger putting on my mothers leotards and tights. It then grew into enjoying how women's clothing felt, from the materials to the many different styles that were not found in men's clothing. Presently, I find dressing gives me a calming feeling. While I cannot openly dress at home at the moment due to COVID lockdowns, I do find pleasure in matching my undergarments with what I'm going to wear for the day.

I am curious why people here dress up.
    When I see see "NEW" members post questions which have been discussed and asked previously on this of forum of Q/A...I sometimes wonder if there is a College student doing gender studies paper or someone new doing a hit and run though the pink fog lol?

Mia your last post was 9/26, did you get your answers?
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Hello all,
    It's been a very long time since I've been on the site and I hope this note finds you all well. My previous living arrangements were such that dressing was more or less out of the question so unfortunately, I didn't have much to share. I'm happy to report that things have changed for me and I can now dress head to toe for days if I choose and without any fear of "getting caught" (which is a really oppressive term for just doing what comes naturally and hurts no one). It is such a liberating experience for me and really, you folks are the only ones on God's green earth that I can share this wonderful news with and who will understand just how exciting this is to be on the cusp of such freedom. It is difficult to overstate the significance of something that I have waited my entire life to do. I really can't wait for my bras (already received those, very pretty), panties, boobs, wig, slips, stockings and skirts to arrive... I may just mug the Amazon driver!
    Anyway, the question at hand. The "why" I dress question has truthfully never been a big question in my life. I know that there are many theories and likely many of them have merit in one way or another but I really don't give it much thought. I just know that I truly enjoy it for what it is and simply leave it at that. Like many of you, I started at a very young age sneaking into my mother's drawer and trying on her panties, slips and bras. I was much too young to be sexualized (had no idea what sex even was) but I do recall becoming aroused and feeling a bit "funny." Whatever it was, it felt good and that initial feeling has never left me even decades on.
    As I grew older, I wondered why it felt so good and thought that maybe in was the fabric itself against my skin that felt so good. So I bought a few pairs of silk boxers. Nothing.
    If it doesn't have pretty lace, ribbons or bows on it, I'm not interested. The more feminine the clothes are, the more I like them. I'm not quite at the sissy stage of the spectrum (and kudos to those who are and btw, I abhor that term) but I certainly understand the attraction as I love the frills and lace and that certainly works for this gal!
    Anyway, it's lovely to converse with you all again. I expect that I will be doing more of it now that I have something to share at long last!
    The most common form of despair is not being who you are. - Soren Kierkegaard