Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Thinking of purging

I can only speak for myself, but many others have said the same thing. The pink fog will roll back in, and when does it will come in hard. I am with the others, put it in a box and put it in deep storage. It is good to cull the old things you don't wear but hold onto the basics like your wig and forms, the makeup will not do well in deep storage. Good luck and stay safe.

Sophy, a very difficult predicament all can relate to. Do yourself a big favor and pay close attention to what nearly everyone advised.
    Now, personally speaking, the greatest purge ever was when I got rid of all my guy things!
    Marie

Every time I purge, I?m sorry in a few days

I agree with others - don't purge it, at least not all. I'm talking from experience and know that the urge will come back and then you end up spending money on starting over.
    My purges have been done when I moved between towns and from sweden to canada. The break may last a year (hard to do much when living with inlaws full time) but it came back.
    So I suggest you find a place to store clothes and wigs. The only thing questionable would be makeup since it has a shelf life, might not be that good idea to put on a 2 year old lipstick
    /kt

I'm purging, but for a good reason. I've lost 40 pounds since March. Given that weight gain has been the norm these days, I must be a contrarian.

Not everything is going to Goodwill. I'm keeping two dresses and two skirts, all bought in 1996 the last time before now I had a reasonable weight. Those items certainly aren't the latest in fashion but I've always liked them and have kept them all this time for when I'd hopefully again be able to wear them.

Jennifer, Most of us do not consider that purging but just getting rid of clothes that do not fit or you do not like anymore.
    Getting rid of ones feminine items out of guilt and shame to me is purging and is something that the person will regret at some point.
    Crissy

Unfortunately it's in our blood and it's not going anywhere. I purged once and I had an amazing slip that I regret letting go. I still remember the girls face as we were making out at a young age and asked her for her slip. Funny she gave it to me but with a confused look on her face for maybe not asking for something else. It was beautiful and I also gave up so many other articles I now can't replace.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Medina View Post
    I'm purging, but for a good reason. I've lost 40 pounds since March. Given that weight gain has been the norm these days, I must be a contrarian.

Not everything is going to Goodwill. I'm keeping two dresses and two skirts, all bought in 1996 the last time before now I had a reasonable weight. Those items certainly aren't the latest in fashion but I've always liked them and have kept them all this time for when I'd hopefully again be able to wear them.
    Not in fashion---- this week !
    fashion goes round &round........

Julie,
    I?m pretty much in the same place you are. Except for wearing panties every now and then and maybe a bra, my real dress up times have become few and far between. And, contrary to what many people have posted, recently I purged about 90% of my wardrobe including all of my outerwear, dresses, blouses, etc. I just did not want it to be my legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissy 107 View Post
    Jennifer, Most of us do not consider that purging but just getting rid of clothes that do not fit or you do not like anymore.
    Getting rid of ones feminine items out of guilt and shame to me is purging and is something that the person will regret at some point.
    Good point. I was probably being tone deaf describing it as a purge, which I've also done myself many years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by SophyV View Post
    I am in the closet and will always be
    Never say never Sophy. I came out to my wife and its the best decision I could have made, now we share it all. If you can somehow come out to your SO you'll find the CD experience is infinitely richer.

well as more miad then passable, most of my lady clothes were satin or lace panties, teddie, and fine nightgowns..I do have a few skirts but since wife passed away 8 years ago, I have no one to share my dressing with. Still get some personal satisfaction when I wear what I have left but as Items wear out they are not being replace. no one to go shopping with is one of the thinks I do miss. so while I haven't given up completely I have reduced what I have just do to age. Maybe at some point I will get a new new dress and some nice bras.

Never heard the phrase "Pink fog" till I got here, and it certainly is an apt term for the vibe, which I'm deep in it right now myself. If I'm not mistaken, purging is something we first do when we're young, not living alone, and have amassed a small collection of possibly stolen lingerie, at least that how it was for me, sadly it continued for most of my life until earlier this year, now I have a chest and clothing rack for my stuff and lots of choices every morning, me happy. So... echoing everyone's statements here, don't do it.

O was thinking of purging as well. I still can't bring myself to go through with it. So all those male clothes have been placed into storage. Then when the time is right I will get rid of them.

Platinum Member
    Hi Sophy , Purging never turns out very well,

Read line #4 in my signature a few times,

Take two asprin and call me in the Morning, >Orchid **oo**
    Last edited by BLUE ORCHID; 11-08-2020 at 08:21 PM.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

We moved a few years back. My artist studio was in a two-story garage in the backyard. I had quite a shoe and clothing collection, but I was so paranoid to leave it there while looking for a place to live in another state. I threw it all away, and now I wish I hadn?t. I miss the shoes especially.

SophyV,

This has happened to me a few times, and not because of COVIDs. My suggestion is to purge everything you don?t want into a box. Then put the box out of sight, like the attic, or out building. This will save you some money later or some grief that you tossed out a dress or outfit that you like and can no longer get.

@?}??
    Michelle

Thanks for all of the advice. I have packed up all of my stuff and am storing it outside the home. I did throw out the old makeup and some homemade forms that were not quite right. So I will have them when I need them.

I have purged several times in what is a life long journey (starting around 7) and each purge has been so regretful. In that last purge I let go of a bra that I absolutely loved and miss.