Thread: First time trying this.....

I NEVER go bare-legged! Kimberly A.'s Avatar

First time trying this.....

Hey y'all!
    I have mentioned in a previous post that one of my GG friends suggested that I try a goth look..... Well, I tried it last night, (didn't go anywhere, I just stayed home), took some pics, showed her and she said, "Not bad for your first try". LOL My makeup sucked, though because I used a foundation and powder that were both too dark, plus I used contouring makeup that was way too dark. However, I nailed the eyeshadow and nail polish, (they were both black), plus I wore a black dress with white stripes down the sides, fishnets tights over a pair of suntan pantyhose, (to me, the fishnets would be too uncomfortable without hose underneath), black, zip-up high-heeled boots and a black, shoulder-length wig.

So, my GG friend told me that if I'm going to do a basic goth look, to get a foundation that's at least two shades lighter than my skin and use translucent powder, no blush and no other color on my face, except for black eyeshadow and either black or dark purple lipstick.

I'll do a better goth look when I get the lighter foundation and I'll post pics in a week.
    My YouTube channel: Kimberly A.

Banned Read only
    Your friend is right about the foundation and powder. You are Goth, you are supposed to look dead or near death... :P

And you are wrong about wearing fishnets. They are very comfortable, more so than regular pantyhose.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertacd View Post
    And you are wrong about wearing fishnets. They are very comfortable, more so than regular pantyhose.
    Well Roberta, that's really a matter of perspective and personal preference..... I personally find fishnets to be uncomfortable without a pair of pantyhose underneath them, because I've tried them both ways. LOL

When a thread calls my attention I don't loke just to ignore it if I don't know about the topic but I'm curious about, how old are you? I'd seen just teens or very young people in that style and this cd, is not limited to but, it's more mature people, to not say old like me 61....
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Banned Read only
    I don't know how old Kimberly is but I am in my mid 50's and I can totally rock the Goth look.

It's actually one of the easiest looks to do pale foundation, black or deep red lipstick, black eye shadow, brows, and finger nails. Clothes in predominantly black and white, but purple and reds, too. Victorian lace and a corset, finished with fishnets and black boots.

It's hard to do wrong
    Last edited by Robertacd; 09-18-2020 at 01:36 PM.

You?re still going to need to contour. If you can find like a matte grey eyeshadow that should do the trick.

Also, if you?re going to be wearing something that shows off your legs, if you?re going ?pancake? on your face, make sure the tights are relatively pale. Doesn?t have to match your face exactly but you don?t want to look like you?ve been hanging out at the beach with a pillow case over your head.
    Last edited by Micki_Finn; 09-18-2020 at 12:43 PM.

Devi, I'm 36, gonna turn 37 later this month.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Roberta, I'm 36, almost 37.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Micki, forgive me if I misunderstood..... But you suggest contouring with a matte gray eyeshadow???

Also, I don't plan on making my face mayo white, just a couple shades lighter than my skin tone, so black fishnets, maybe over nude pantyhose will work. I have to wear fishnets over hose, because if I didn't, the fishnets would be way too uncomfortable for me. LOL

That’s right. When it comes down to it, powdered pigment is powdered pigment. Think Lily Munster or Angelica Huston as Moriticia. You want that sunken cheek look that only comes from contouring.

I see what you're saying, Micki..... But it sounds to me like your talking drag/stage makeup and I'm not that advanced as far as doing makeup. LOL Also, I really don't wanna look like Morticia on The Adams Family. I'm just going to go for a very basic goth look. My GG friend sent me a YouTube vid of a goth girl, giving a tutorial for beginners, so I'm just gonna go with that for now. LOL And I may not even like a goth look on myself all that much and may not even stick with it.