Thread: A walk in heels

A walk in heels

Today I bought a pair Daisy Fuentes stiletto heels - abour 4'1/2". I thought I was a 10W but since they didn't have that size I bought an 11m. They fit ok. Couldn't help myself. I walked around the block this evening, at least 1/4 mile. My feet knew it at the end, but I loved it. I need to practice more. I can't believe how effortlessly women wear these!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Last nite I was out with a few friends that have been with me to events where I dressed. Two of the women began discussing the heels they were wearing.

When I started to comment, one said, "Shut up! U wear hi heels all nite and walk in them better than I do!" Upon which her girl friend agreed. So, I shut up and just grinned!

I probably have had a lot more practice than they have. Which is the secret to walking well in 5" spikes, Bethany!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Platinum Member
    If you walked about 1/4 mile in stiletto heels you're doing really well. I don't know how tall you are, but, if you're as short as the average woman, then the angle of your foot is really steep. I'm six foot and I gave it a whirl several times in a 3 1/2 inch narrow heel. My favorite area for a stroll is in a neighborhood with concrete sidewalks. I did a little math and a quarter mile stroll for me would be somewhat short. That's two plus blocks in my neighborhood. Anyway, my feet ended up hurting. More importantly I found concrete sidewalks are killers on heels. I decided to save the narrow heels for indoor wear. At home I can easily spend the entire day in a 3 1/2 inch heel. No pain at all. For my evening strolls I bought a wedge with a two inch rise and noise deadening soles. I found in the cool evening air of the fall a narrow heel does make a lot of noise. That's not so good if you are trying to stroll under the radar.

As to women wearing stiletto heels for long strolls I have not seen any really leg it out. I usually see women in stiletto at functions and parties with a lot of standing around and maybe dancing. When I worked in our downtown business area I saw a lot of women carrying their heels in a tote and walking to the office from the parking garages and bus stops in athletic shoes. Our downtown does have steep inclines/heels which is not conducive to wearing heels.

Anyway, beware of muscle and tendon strain. Do some leg strengthening. Heels do put the legs into an unnatural position.

Hi,
    Daughter got married in London,She stipulated 5"heels for the bridesmaids. On returning to the hotel after the wedding they got off the (vintage London)bus holding their heels. Later that evening after the reception had ended&we were rounding up bits&bobs i found a pair of the shoes under a table--the owner didnt seem pleased when i handed them to her..............

I can't imagine requiring such a high heel for a wedding and reception. I am surprised all the ladies could wear them, many can not.

I couldn't believe the difference between walking around the house of just putting gas compared to actually walking on the sidewalk. Yesterday I actually walked a very short distance and I couldn't believe how different it was. My calves started hurting and that lead to my ankles and feet shortly after. My wife always told me it's a hit a miss with shoes, sometimes the cheapest are more comfortable and sometimes the high ones are more comfortable then the low ones. If you walked a 1/4 mile those are amazing shoes.

I've been wearing heels 3"-4" every day for about 2 weeks now. I have some plantar fasciitis in one foot and wearing the heels stops the pain. My wife doesn't know I dress (yet), but she does know now that I really like wearing heels! I'm in them about 10-12 hours a day. Yes, it really does make a difference between good heels that fit and ones that don't!
    The Pink Fog is thick with this one....

Just remember it is ALWAYS heel to toe. Small steps

I walk in heels a lot one reason is I wear size 14 women?s heels and I usually go for 5? height it makes my legs stretched out more and more shapely but I think the main reason it seems to make them look smaller with the higher the heel. They do definitely make the look better but hurt if I walk too far in them. I would assume something like a 3-4? hill wouldn?t be as bad walking wise but I preferred the smaller footprint

Plus it?s really hard to find anything much lower when your wearing women?s 14?s I wear a 12 in men?s and the measure is always two sizes different for women?s

Bethany, a quarter of a mile in heels is very impressive. Walking in high heels is definitely no easy task and takes practice. I have never wore heels in public yet, but I definitely plan to in the future, just don't know where yet.

Meanwhile I do own a pear of what I call starter heels (not very high and and it's one of those where the bottom is all one big piece, making it easier to walk in), but I have only worn them at home for maybe 10 minutes at a time purely for practice. My feet end up hurting even after just that 10 minutes of walking. I also don't how Woman wear them for long periods of time, their feet must kill them after wearing them for hours.

So a quarter of a mile is definitely impressive and you should be proud of yourself. Keep practicing, who knows maybe one day you will be able to go an entire day wearing them.
    -Brandi

Follow me on my new Instagram to follow all my adventures as Brandi:
    Instagram: Brandi_sometimes

One of my biggest walks was a hike down to the river in my Cole Haan 3.5 inch wedge boots. My gf was with me, it was in the fall and it was about a kilometer or so. I often wear the same boots when just hanging out or driving somewhere.

Question Maybe I'm weird.

I guess I'm weird. I've never had any trouble walking in heels, even when I was a really little kid.

Most all of my fem shoes are platform heels (the platform is like an inch, not stripper heels ), and they're all like 4 to 5 inch heels. No balance issues, stumbling, bumbling, pain, nothing. As of yet, I haven't set out for any lengthy walks, but I have many times walked I'm sure a total of several miles with no problem. Thinking back, I'd say my longest in one shot, so far, was maybe a mile and a half in a zig-zaggy loop. But, I could have done many times that, I'm quite confident.

Maybe it's because I'm only five feet tall? (On a good day, with a tail wind.)

Tried to include a pic of my most-worn shoes, but seems to be something wrong with upload right now.

Banned Read only
    Bethany,
    I find the acid test is can you dance in them all night ?

I can walk in heels just fine... strong ankles and legs help but I keep them under 3" or so. My feet just can't handle it! Gives you some appreciation for what the GG's have to endure.

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    i had broken an ankle a long time ago but it has caused me to have problems with shoe fitment (all kinds especially with ski boots) . But in terms of high heel height 3 1/2 " is about my limit. 3 " is way more comfortable as are wedges

So you started your path to become a high heeled girl. It will take practice before you feel comfy and I don't think starting in 4.5" heels is the best to start in.
    I remember how it was for me when I started some decades ago but now I have no problem walking 6km in 5" stilettos (well, almost no problem - pavement is not good for stiletto heels so the heel tip just about disappeared) so it is possible to get use to it, at least for some people.
    /kt

I can walk in heels, but I am not 100% confident. Occasionally i get the side step issue. It is a work in prgress.

There is nothing like the sound of heels going clickity clack when walking in them

I no longer have much sense of balance. I stick to 2in blocky heels.

Reality Check
    I don't think most women "effortlessly" wear 4 1/2" heels. I seldom see actual women wearing anything higher than 3" heels and that's rare. I'm not talking about in movies or on TV, I'm talking about in person.
    Krisi

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BethanyCross View Post
    I walked around the block this evening, at least 1/4 mile.
    - are you practicing for a "drag race"??

Quote Originally Posted by junetv View Post
    - are you practicing for a "drag race"??
    Guess that depends on the speed, how long did it take ?

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    I have always thought that genetically, male crossdresser, on average, have an advantage here. Lets face it our feet are bigger. Personally as a closet CD I love my flat fluffy boots.