Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How has covid lockdown effected you- poll?

How has covid lockdown effected you- poll?

Easy question and comments are welcome.

WHAT HAS BEEN EFFECT OF COVID LOCKDOWN ON YOU?

+1 dress size
    =0 no size change
    -1 dress size

Unfortunately for me it's plus 1. weight has stayed steady, but distribution. We don't want to discuss that much :-)

Well I live and work in perhaps the safest area in the continental USA, so I?m not sure how much COVID-19 effects my life beyond the fear that nothing will ever be the same as it was. That perhaps masks and social distancing will just be a fact of life for here on out.

That being said, have had a bit of a ?weight shift? since the new year. But let?s get real- I need to cut out the high carb craft beers. Thank goodness for large breast forms corsets!

Aspiring Member
    No change here. My biggest problem is that my SO isn?t going out at all in the evenings so no dressing except in my (wo) man cave.
    Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

It's funny talking to friends (male and female) for every LBS one friend lost another friend gained lol.

I'm a -1 dress size. I hope I can keep it that way, but I have over the years be a yoyo diet person.

Also no change here, I try and be careful plus being back at the gym helps.
    Crissy

Hi Crissy,

I'm with you no change here, just need to be careful when junk food appears..try not to buy.

Davina

No difference in weight for me.

I'm the same size so far, but I'm being a bit careful to eat a bit less, because I'm just sitting around the house a lot these days.
    I haven't been an actual dress in far too long.

I'm still about a size 14.

I would like to drop five pounds before DVL in about a month, but that's not happening. Normally I would just crash diet , stop eating. But I can't afford to get sick so no crash dieting.

No change for me.

I could drop 20 lbs before and still can.

It is a mixed bag. In most respects it has had a limited effect on my personal life. But the balance of personal and social living have been upset quite a bit. Being Gretchen though has become easier and far, far more comfortable. That said, my circumstances are unusual with respect to my wife and dressing - a long story that is not very uplifting. Our love for each other during this now 3 year long separation for good reasons remains strong. She knows about Gretchen although she has yet to meet her and, in some respects, is a bit afraid to - some things you can't unsee. So, the pandemic and the isolation has certainly been challenging in many respects, I know it will very likely end someday so we can actually see the smiles of others rather than imagine it based on their eyes. Life is not as good, but it really isn't as bad as it could be - I am still healthy and in times like this that is the most important thing. I still wear the same size as before even though it is a bit tighter around the middle. Too bad it is so hard to shift that down to my butt.

-1 for me. Eating at home instead of going out which we used to do many times a week. Eating better quality food, and less of it.

I am in the closet and my wife doesn’t know. Her job shut down so I had no opportunity to dress. When she went back to work, one day a week, I had my first opportunity for girl time in months. That opportunity forced me to get on a scale because I felt like I was sausage squeezing into a casing. I had put on 15 pounds. I am now down 20 pounds and hoping for more. For your scale I will say I was almost +1, now I am almost -1, currently 0.
    Last edited by fireandlace; 09-19-2020 at 08:27 AM.

0 Still skinny, never have been able to gain weight, even tried once..
    As many as 43 percent of all people with gender dysphoria attempt suicide in their lives. dont let yourself become part of that very tragic statistic.
    Balance-Dignity-Acceptance-Responsibility-

~0~ Being TG has a positive effect on the way I maintain my figure. It is also very much a lifestyle choice to stay in shape so that I like what I see in the mirror on a daily basis, stay healthy, (and fit into my clothes!). I keep my BMI at 20-21.
    Transtronaut

You must first find yourself before you can discover your future-

No size change

Banned Read only
    SirDonna,
    I've put a little weight on but not enough to change a dress size ( UK 12 ) , I'm not eating more it's just less exercise , I'm in a situation where my dog is walking slower and not as far as . She's now 12+ , when I got her as a puppy I lost 28lbs in two months just by increasing my walking pace and distance , my last labrador made 14 .

Banned Read only
    I have put on a couple pounds not enough to change dress sizes but enough to make my jeans noticeably tighter around the waist.

0 ~ No change

I've lost a couple of kilos, so about 4 or 5 lbs, not much but I have also lost some inches from my waist. I can now put on some skirts without opening the zip or other fasteners, even had to start wearing a belt with some. Can't say that my diet has changed that much, except perhaps a lot less snacking, and I have been doing a lot of work in the garage and garden.

Been the same slender size for years and covid hasn’t changed anything. I have always been active and that allows me to eat pretty much anything I want and stay slim. Besides, all my favourite skirts fit this waistline!

0-I have lost 7 pounds in 6 months! Not enough for a dress size change however! I have been losing since I started watching my intake due to being diabetic! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Lost 5 pounds. That I didn't need to lose! But, I can't blame it on covid. Which hasn't affected my lifestyle all that much!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

If anyone remembers my pre-covid post last year about going on a diet please don't laugh too hard. I have gained 8-10 above where I was at when I started dieting. I just started going on walks every day and eating more sensibly. I haven't been able to dress and am not going out unless I have to. Better days are coming and dressing opportunities better than the underdressing I do every day will return.

Aspiring Member
    -1. I have some items that I can now get into again, which has been great. It's a real downer when you discover you can't get into one of your favourite outfits, but a real ego boost when they fit again.