Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you consider it to be a hobby?

I NEVER go bare-legged! Kimberly A.'s Avatar
    Ladies, there were SO many replies to my post, so once again I'll just reply to all. LOL

Thank y'all SO much for your replies, I really appreciate it. I mean, obviously I know that CD'ing is more of a lifestyle to some of you than it is a hobby and I get that..... I was just curious and it was another way for me to get to know y'all a bit more. After all, I plan on sticking around here for a good, long while. LOL

If I offended anyone by saying that it's more of a hobby for me, then I do apologize. I know that it goes way beyond just CD'ing for some of you, some of y'all are transgender and I get that that is NOT just a hobby, it's your life.
    My YouTube channel: Kimberly A.

No. It is part of me. Golf is a hobby. Bird watching is a hobby.

If this were just a hobby, I would drop it like a hot rock!

For me personally, I would say it is partially a hobby and partially something I just have to do satisfy the occasional urge I get to wear woman's clothing. I would say the urge is what gets me to start dressing again after a period of not doing it, then after I dress once, I enjoy it enough to keep doing it for a period of time.

I would say the only thing that keeps it from being a regular hobby is how high maintenance it is. Between shaving, to having to put on makeup if I go out public, it takes a couple hours of preparation every single time I do it. Which definitely spoils the fun in it after a while.
    Last edited by Brandi17; 09-22-2020 at 05:40 PM.
    -Brandi

Follow me on my new Instagram to follow all my adventures as Brandi:
    Instagram: Brandi_sometimes

I wish it were a hobby, life would be so much easier.

It is a part of me, and like it or not, it always will be...
    ...Damsel in distress.
    Not exactly natural, Stunning none the less...

(As Girls Go by Suzanne Vega)

Aspiring Member
    It is more than a hobby, but less than a lifestyle. More of a compulsion.
    Sara

Tooshytogoout, I get that but honestly, CD'ing is more of a hobby for me than anything else, really..... Collecting things is a hobby as well. Well, I collect women's items such as clothes, shoes, hosiery and jewelry, (although I don't have a lot of jewelry yet and it's really cheap jewelry, I still collect it). LOL

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Brandi Christine View Post
    It is a part of me, and like it or not, it always will be...
    Nothing wrong with that, Brandi Christine.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by sara66 View Post
    It is more than a hobby, but less than a lifestyle. More of a compulsion.
    Sara
    That's totally understandable, Sara.

Banned Read only
    Kimberly ,
    As I undertand it you aren't married with children so you can enjoy much of it at your leisure , if you have any level of dysphoria trying to snatch moments around the family can be frustrating and depressing . In those circumstances the hurt and problems you may cause can't be excused by brushing it off as a hobby , it would be an insult to them . Separating after 45 years of marriage to deal with TG issues is tough on everyone , I'm lucky not to have lost contact with my children and grandchildren but I have put them in a position to find ways to explain this situation to others , I'm sure they are not just telling people I've found a new hobby .
    Last edited by Teresa; 09-23-2020 at 11:02 AM.

For me, I would cross dressing is a hobby. I like wearing women's clothes. I like how i feel when I go out dressed. I need to get more proficient at makeup. But my priorities right now is to sell my current home, and build a new one on a bigger piece of property.

Teresa,
    I totally understand that. But for some of us as I've read, CD'ing is a hobby and for others, it's more than that..... It's who and what you are, it's your lifestyle and in your case and so many others here, you're a TG and you have, (I'm assuming), made permanent changes to your body, such as perhaps HRT and surgeries. But as for me, I haven't made any permanent changes to my body, what I do to look like a woman is only temporary, quickly and easily removable..... Breast forms, clothes, makeup and shaving my body hair; I haven't had any permanent hair-removal done and I guess you could say that by me getting my ears pierced is permanent, but that's really not either because after they heal, if I so choose, I can leave my starter earrings out and let the holes close up.

But anyway, I do of course understand that it's not a hobby for you.
    Last edited by Kimberly A.; 09-23-2020 at 05:34 PM.

I’ve had lots of hobbies. I stick with one for a couple years, then lose interest, or get interested in something else. However, with crossdressing, it has been over a decade since I’ve dressed completely in male clothing. I’ve been fully en femme at least part of the day every day for almost as long. I have no male underwear or male casual clothing. Even when I go out in male mode, most, if not all, of my clothing is female clothing. I’ve been essentially 24/7 since the lockdown started. When I get up in the morning, the thought of donning male clothing never even enters my head.

Definitely not a hobby.

My wife frequently refers to my crossdressing/trans side to be"my hobby". It works for her and she means no harm. Actually for Sarah, it is long past being a hobby and more of a deep personification of who I am inside. When I have the opportunity to be Sarah whether alone for a day, meeting with my Tgirl fiends or the ultimate overnight events, I relish the chance to let my full inner woman come out.

So some may call it a hobby, but to me, it is a life long quest to be woman I was meant to be.
    Sarah Adams, mature girl from NH. My photos are on Flickr under vintage4sarah !

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    Sure, Its a good term to use in my case. It gives me pleasure and relaxation and ESCAPE from "myself" and the pressures of "Maleness". I never actually WANTED to be female or identify with women, but it is fun to be pretty every now and then. I still get sexual pleasure from it too. I personally think that those who identify as women are more "Transsexual" than simply "Transvestite"

I wonder if, for me, it's a fetish? I love the way I feel when I dress. More so, I like to elicit a reaction from men. I guess gurls got have fun!

Not a hobby, not a fetish. More like an addiction with intense cravings when unable to indulge which with this COVID B.S. going on has affected.

I agree Ashlee. There have been far fewer chances to go out recently and this can make you feel quite anxious. I have now been out a couple of times since Covid and have more trips out planned. It?s not just a hobby! When you see a woman in beautiful clothes you just need to do it yourself to feel at ease.

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    For me, it is definitely not a hobby. It is who / what I am and always have been
    I have always been gender dysphoric and longed to present in a female role.

Let me explain things way.. When I was in Jr High school, I had to get an athletic supporter... a so- called "jock Strap' for phys ed class
    I was quite embarrassed purchasing it. However, at the same time, I was freely purchasing panties and other female things with absolutely no embarrassment.

However, being now 73 years old... growing up, this sort thing was never discussed. back then. Also life events prevented me from doing anything about it
    Of course, if i was born more recently, things would be different.

BTW, I now live alone.... and live and dress as a female at home.about 24/7. I have no family in the area and my friends have all either died or moved away. So, I have very few visitors.
    I live an apt complex and just have to be concerned about a very few neighbors but, I have devised ways to work around that.
    I also am going out in public as a female with increasing frequency.
    I am not getting any younger and it's now or never. I am in very good physical heath.

Since I live at home as a female, whenever I appear in public as female it seem completely natural to me and I am totally at ease with it .
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 09-29-2020 at 09:11 AM.