Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you consider it to be a hobby?

I suppose I could call it that, because I don't do it 24/7. Or maybe not, because I wear panties and pantyhose even when dressed as a man. Confused.

I have never had another hobby that I had to keep hidden and overwhelmed my thoughts like this one. If this is a hobby it would be a choice but I don't really think I have any say in the matter. I would have picked something like stamp collecting because my wife probably wouldn't threaten to leave if she found a drawer full of stamps.

Definitely not a hobby for me.
    A hobby is photography, restoring cars or antiques. Maybe if I performed Drag I could consider this a hobby but it is so much more to me.
    It's a part of what makes me me. I firmly believe that all the kinder, gentler aspects of my personality originate with my feminine side and I feel so connected when I express it.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Exclamation Some hobbies r obsessive, compulsive in nature.

To that degree, u mite call it my hobby.

But, it's become more like a lifestyle for me!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I NEVER go bare-legged! Kimberly A.'s Avatar
    That's cool, Micki..... But I thought you did do it professionally, from your posts about being a performing Drag Queen?
    My YouTube channel: Kimberly A.

I am, similar to Connie above, always male even when completely dressed in women's clothing, makeup, heels, wig, et al. But, it is not a hobby for me. I've been inexplicably compelled to wear woman's clothes since the age of six.

I was going to say thats its a hobby, but on reflection, the urge is so strong that i suppose its a compulsion.
    If thats the word.
    Adiction maybe..

No, not a hobby. For many years I tried to stop dressing but always kept coming back to it. I have never had a hobby like that. It’s is a need or, perhaps even more, part of who I am. I have compared it before to my need to have dogs. Now I know that many people might call my need for dogs a hobby but it is much much deeper than that. It is about identity.

I dress 24/7 and no, it was never a hobby! Even when I considered myself a CD, it was not a hobby but a compelling tugging if you will! I repressed it for many many years! It came flooding back like a tsunami! No not just a hobby! Way too simple of an explanation! It is who I am! Best wishes with your journey! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Aspiring Member
    Definition of Hobby: an activity done regularly in one's leisure time for pleasure.

Yes, crossdressing may be considered a hobby, but I would add, that it cannot be just that simple. Hobbies are conscious decisions we take up and drop. Crossdressing is not a choice and cannot be dropped. Crossdressing is sometimes considered a fetish. By definition a fetish is designed for sexual gratification. Crossdressing is often used for comfort, reduces stress, and just because it feels right.

I go with the idea of crossdressing being our identity.

For me, yes it is my hobby. I am content living in guy mode but do enjoy my time when I can dress up feminine. I don't look good in makeup or wig so most of the time I'm a guy who likes to wear pretty clothes.

A hobby is something I do for fun, to just pass the time. This is not that.

NO, it's an obsession for me.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

I think it's starts as a hobby . and evolves into addiction

If you can quit it and replace it with another hobby, and get the same satisfaction from your 'new' hobby, then sure, it's just a hobby.
    Try it. See how long you can go without any type of crossdressing, talking about it, thinking about it, or reading or writing about it. After all, there are plenty of other things to do which are cheaper and cause less problems, than crossdressing. I, for the life of me, can't imagine why anyone would choose to do this as a hobby.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

For me, it is not a hobby at all, more like a compulsion. Even so, some components of leaning how to look more feminine take on a hobby like aspect, but the dressing itself for me is definitely not a hobby. Besides most hobbies are a little easier to get SO approval than this one.

Sandi

Aspiring Member
    Yes, it's a hobby I get sexual gratification from. Or in other words - a fetish.

No confusion or conflict re gender or sexuality.

There are more people like me on this site. They just don't post much

A hobby, yes I guess so. Now that I am of a certain age yes a hobby. It meant more as a younger gurl. I am happy to dress and do chores en feme.

Dressing is definitely not a hobby for me. I find it almost essential to my peace of mind.

Cross dressing definitely not a hobby with
    Me it?s more a desire something I have n control over because when the pink fog kicks in you just have to comply.

I do have hobbies though I build kinetic sculptures art that moves skeleton clocks that run off weight no batteries or ac current. I collect antiques, coins, jewelry, stamps, guns. My motto at one time was I?ll buy anything old except women. Thought that sounded kinda bad so changed. I have such a wide array of interest that really suit the hobby line just never put dressing into that as a Bobbie. It?s much more that that to me.

It?s just my own opinion of how I look at it . I don?t criticize others for how they thing about things we all have this in our lives and live with it the best we can. We can get along with it though I think the biggest lesson I?ve learned is being totally honest with whoever I?m with or around that knows or even doesn?t know. Just be honest I?ve gotten more respect for that reason alone than anything else.

I guess I could describe it in a number or ways. It's partly a hobby--something I do for fun. Partly a compulsion; not an addiction--I could stop if I wanted to. At one time it was a kink but not anymore. In fact, there is no guilt now but there was when I regarded it that way. I guess the best way to describe it is as an "escape" An escape from whatever pressures I have as male and I go to a place (real or felt) where no one else knows me so there are no expectations. Hope all that makes sense.

For years I said "It's a harmless pastime, not a lifestyle." Now it's definitely a lifestyle.

I call it a "Hobby" with my wife. But I do not play golf every day. I would dress every day.

Is it getting to be more of a hobby? What about when I go grocery shopping as Natalie? I did that tonight. Is it still a hobby?

I want to have a professional teach me makeup skills. Is it still a hobby? I dream of dressing at times. Is that a hobby? At times I want to show people and family how I look as Natalie. Is that a hobby?

Am I moving from a Transvestite to being a Transgender person? That would be one hell of a hobby.

I would not really consider my dressing a hobby,

more just a part of life for me.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Silver Member
    My dressing is not a hobby. It is the expression of my true self. While I have a decidedly male body, my mind and spirit are mostly female. But not entirely. I estimate my emotional makeup is about 2/3 female and that I am only a complete person when both sides participate in my life. One further complication is that the feminine side has been suppressed for mist of my early life, and is now making up for it by coming to the forefront more often. Nowadays, nearly all the clothez i wear in a typical day are feminine; my male clothes are consigned to my workplace.