Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you on social media ?

Are you on social media ?

Just wondering if some here are using social media while dressed? (zoom, face to face, etc.) I have been thinking about joining one of these but have no idea which one would be best. I am open to suggestions. Any information would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.
    Sara_also

Banned Read only
    Yes, I have a Facebook and Instagram account in my female name. Mainly because FB and IG are the best way to stay connected to the local LGBTQ community.

Every Friday night from around 8:00 to Midnight or so I join a group of CD/TG on Zoom for drinking and dancing as we all listen to a DJ on another website play music.

But I am out, so I am not worried about anyone coming across my social media and outing me.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 09-19-2020 at 02:11 PM.

Zoom is a video conferencing app. It’s essentially just FaceTime on your computer, so it’s not really social media. I have my Drag Instagram account, but IG is primarily for photo sharing. If you want to join social media in order to meet new people, Facebook is your best bet.

Banned Read only
    Sara,
    I'm very cautious with social media , my family warned me off when I found I had a FB account by accident . I know I will have to get my head round using social media if I want to expand my art contacts .

Basically at the moment I don't trust any of them , I don't agree with some of the small print ( T&Cs ) .

Platinum Member
    Not so much. No FB...hate that cesspool of conspiracy and extremism. Lately, I follow trans topics on reddit and of course I participate here.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Sherry has her own FB Page. With over 700 Friends. And, I'm very picky about accepting new ones after having my old Page deleted!

It's a great way to keep up with the trans community. From T's all over the planet, to local T friends and events!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I am, and if this web site counts as social media, then my crossdressing is as well.

I have a Facebook and Instagram for Christina. The Instagram account is a mixture of male and female me.

NO!

I have no social media accounts of any kind and I like it that way.

I can fly an airplane, drive a submarine, run a nuclear reactor, Captain a massive container ship, & drive a semi-tractor trailer down the wrong side of the street in Mozambique (I was bigger than everything, including the tanks).

BUT, I wear a pocket watch in drab and carry a burn phone.

AND I LIKE IT THAT WAY!

I mainly use IG although they've messed that up recentlyIMHO , but occasionally I go on FB, but that is better if you know people in real life.

I do not use any type of social media. Unless this site qualifies, then only this.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Social media has its uses, but don’t do it if you are not fully out of the closet. Eventually someone will connect to your crossdressed account, and out you. It happened to me, even though I set up a completely separate Facebook account with a completely different email address. Somehow my girl page still came up as a “someone you might know” referral to my sister, who I was not out to as yet. That resulted in much of my family in her town finding out I was crossdressing, and her husband outright banning me from their home - at least at any time when he was there.

Facebook is a real mixed bag. This last several years it has been flooded with conspiracy theories and haters. It also has a lot of ads which are pure scams - people purporting to sell great stuff at super cheap prices, but they just ripped the website images and ad copy of some legit business, with no intention of ever providing the things you thought you were buying from them.

On the flip side, there are a lot of very useful support groups and community groups for the CD/Transgender/Queer/Drag communities, where you can connect with like minded people. And it can be a decent way to make friends and stay in touch with friends outside your area.

I am 100% out and two years into full MtF transition now, and accepted by everyone but that one brother in law, so my ‘girl page’ is now my only active social media account. My old ‘guy page’ hasn’t been updated or even looked at by me for well over a year - and for most purposes I stopped using it when I went full time female.

I am on Facebook.

If you're worried about being outed, you have good reason. Facebook et al make their money by finding out everything they can about you, and they are very good at it. Still, it can be done with a reasonable degree of privacy, if you are diligent about your precautions.
    • Use a separate browser, with all privacy settings set to max, for your fem persona.
    • Use that browser to set up your account, using another email address of course, and never use it for anything other than your fem persona. Do not use a VPN/anonymizing proxy for this step. Doing so will invite additional scrutiny during the validation process. You don't want that.
    • Once your account is validated, use a VPN (the Opera browser is great for this), which will anonymize your IP address.
    • Have no "friends" in common between your fem persona and any others you maintain.
    Last edited by Aunt Kelly; 09-20-2020 at 10:51 PM.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

I am on Facebook!
    I am 24/7andcameout on Facebook as Lana Mae! I lost 1 friend who I guess was not a friend! It is indeed a toxic environment! I check it at least once a day to see what is being posted and either share or ignore! Just my $0.02! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I just want to thank everyone who responded to my query. Thank you.
    There seems to be quite a few different opinions, however the majority seems to be leaning to the cautious side, and since I am only out on this site. I will remain quite private.

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Sara;

I've been on social media for years and the only problem I had was a few years back someone , used my photos to start a copycat profile. FB with help from the CD community shut them down.
    I say go have fun, you meet great people and some of the local groups are Awesome
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Quote Originally Posted by Robertacd View Post
    Yes, I have a Facebook and Instagram account in my female name. Mainly because FB and IG are the best way to stay connected to the local LGBTQ community.

Every Friday night from around 8:00 to Midnight or so I join a group of CD/TG on Zoom for drinking and dancing as we all listen to a DJ on another website play music.

But I am out, so I am not worried about anyone coming across my social media and outing me.
    So i don't have am online account but this would be a good reason to have one, would love to join something like this

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    There is always the possibility of facial recognition on fb. I don't think it's possible for social media and privacy to coexist. It's a recipe for disaster. I only have one account, even on my phone. Gave up hiding a long time ago. So much better on this side of the fence than trying to hide it. Hope it works out for you.

Vivian has her own Twitter and Flickr accounts, largely for exploring the fashion world.

Nope.
    Not dressed.
    Not undressed, either.

This forum and another dedicated to a specific car model are as close as I get to social media. (I use a different name on the other one!)

Would you all (or the great THEY) consider a message board to be "social media"?

Dana

Besides here I have an IG account for Tiff but no others. The email address used is specific to her and only used for her. No phone numbers attached to it, I?d never want to pop up in people I may know 😅 so I use a different web browser as well from all my male accounts.

I’m out to friends and family as non binary, and I have Facebook and Instagram, with pictures of myself dressed femme and wearing makeup, with no backlash at all when I came out. Maybe I’m lucky, but my Facebook feed doesn’t have any of that deep state conspiracy stuff others mention, my feed is pretty much just family and pet pictures from friends. Maybe it’s because I’m extremely selective over who I’m friends with, and my privacy settings are extremely strong.
    I also have an Instagram account with almost no followers, I use for myself to save my makeup and fashion pictures, that I don’t wanna flood my Facebook page with. I’m on all of them fairly regularly, especially since we’ve been in lockdown.
    I’ve found some wonderful communities on Facebook with tons of resources and support for trans and non binary people. As long as you know that other people can see what groups you belong to, the content you post and engage with stays private. It’s been so helpful for me

I am out to friends, family, and facebook Granted I don't post many pictures on facebook anyways so only a few pictures of me dressed.

Only here if that counts.
    I would not be comfortable posting things on Facebook and the like.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !