Thread: An update in life. Covid, the best thing that happened to my dressing.

An update in life. Covid, the best thing that happened to my dressing.

Back at the end of January I put a post up about a change I was hoping to make. If you have not read it you may want to as it sets the background for this post and gives you the history of where I started and was up to the start of the year.https://www.crossdressers.com/forums...=klaire+larnia

To summarise it quickly. I?ve been dressing for over 30 years, in the last 10 years it because a more serious thing where my wardrobe largely moved from male to female clothes but with certain limits on what I could or would wear ? Certain items like Skirts/Dresses where off limits and I had to make certain compromises when out in public with my family. My wife and daughter have always been aware of my dressing and everything was done with their knowledge and agreement. In February I gained permission to wear skirts and dresses at work after I made a request to do so, this gained me a lot of support form staff. This I started to do, changing in and out whilst at work so I was not seen wearing skirts/dresses by anyone at the block of flats/apartments I live in.

Then in March Covid hit the UK big time and by mid-March lockdown was in place and I started to work from home to comply with the lockdown and I have remained working from home since with no sign of if or when I will be recalled to the office. My work is only client/customer facing on the phones/email and out of my day I spend probably 1/3 to ? my day doing emails or speaking on the phone.

So with lockdown in place my wife still had to work (she was classed as a key worker) and I started to work from home. Other than reverting to a more casual dress I saw no reason to change what I wore so I went with my standard set of home clothes but as I (and my daughter whose college moved to home tutoring) got used to being at home, so I started to expand what I wore to include skirts to see now she and my wife would react. Apart from a few laughs which roughly translated as ?Okay?.. wasn?t expecting that but it?s okay as you are inside out of sight? they where fine with it. This then moved to dresses as well and again a similar reaction came. I always made sure I had a part of shorts/trousers and a t-shirt close by so if I had to go to the post room in our flats or if say the postman turned up and knocked the door I could quickly change and present a more normal look. I?ve now got this down to a fine art, being able to change in about 10-15 seconds when needed.

The upside? 6 months on from the start of the Covid pandemic hitting, I am now free to wear anything I like at home. I?ve been able to wear a bra and breast forms at home since the tail end of 2019, but now I can wear any clothes I want. Style, colour, pattern, type ? doesn?t matter. I could be in a floral top with shorts one day, a long demin skirt and collared blouse the next and a dress with tights the day after. I have over 20 dresses, in my wardrobe now ? a mixture of long and knee length / formal and causal. All on show and in the open. I also have about 6 skirts in there as well along with my tops, trousers, jumpers, jackets etc. All my clothes are our and in the open ready for me to wear as I wish. My bras, knickers/briefs, tights, nightdresses etc are all there, my wife sees them, knows what I have and is comfortable with them.

The only thing I don?t wear is shoes because obviously being at home there is no real need. The trainers I wear daily are female so have softer tones and lines to them. I do have a couple of pairs of boots but at this time there is no need to wear them. Whether this will change at some point I cannot say.

My wife is 51 and I am 47, our love remains strong and my dressing has not harmed it ? in some ways I think it?s made it stronger because it shows it?s the person inside which matters. The person she fell in love with 23 years ago is still there and if anything he?s a much nicer person because he is free to be himself and due to that he can love, cry, be strong and caring as needs. A soulmate ? just one who dresses a little different to most people.

The only thing I now really need is for our friends to be formally told of what I do. Most of them must surely have suspicions as I never wear male shirts to parties and get ? either pre or post Covid lockdown. I have no idea if anything has been said to them by my wife, I suspect something must have ? but as my wife is not English and most of our friends also come from her country I cannot tell as I don?t speak their language. Will this happen? No idea but if it does I would be pretty happy.

So there you have it. Part 2 of my story and I have to say for all the bad which Covid has caused in the world, from my perspective it?s had some pretty major silver linings. I would not be where I am had I not been forced to work from home for the last 6 months. I really don?t ever want to go back to working in an office. I love being at home, I?m way more productive and happy here. It?s a matter of waiting and seeing what happens on that front but for the rest of 2020 I cannot see things changing personally ? and if it doesn?t then I won?t complain.

I absolutely love being able to wear skirts and dresses. With these I am now pretty much where I want to be. If I could walk out the door in a dress and got to the local shop, get some supplies and walk back home that would be perfect but the world?s not ready to accept a man in a dress ? or not one who isn?t pretending to be a woman at least. At home I can and do wear anything I want. Words cannot express how happy that makes me.

At the age of 16 I knew I was not like most other boys, that my interest in women?s clothes wasn?t just a passing ?oh that?s what they wear? or ?Oooo she looks nice in that? as most do. I knew they where items I had to try on and wear myself. Now 31 years later I can and do just that. One day I hope to be able to step outside and say to the world ?This is me, accept it because I do and I am happy with it?.

If anyone has any comments or questions, please do let me know.
    K

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Good for u, Klaire!

Altho, I find it objectionable that any trans doesn't have permission to dress how they please behind the closed doors of their own home.

I mean, if not there, where's a closet dresser supposed to dress?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

That's sounds like fun being able to dress any way you want, as my wife says she dresses to what weather she wakes up to. I was working from home 2 days a week for awhile but now I'm actually off 2 days. My wife works from home and we wake up together and I try her system. I wake up to a sunny morning, it's a summer dress or flowery skirt. If is rain usual tights and pants or shorts.
    I to couldn't wear fem shoes in the house and my wife bought me a pair of low flats that have a rubber bottom, she said it completed the look instead of being barefoot or with my pink fluffy slippers.
    Some days were a little frustrating because family members would know we were home and we would get people dropping by. Some days I would dress and undress 3 or 4 times.
    It really is hard to say because of the exctent of this virus to tell someone that something good came out of it, but at times there are little things about the virus that made more opportunities or easier for our dressing.
    Thanks for sharing and it sounds like your having fun and it must be even better that your wife and daughter know so you don't have to hide. Thanks

Phrasing.

Covid is a deadly disease that has killed hundreds of thousands worldwide. There are no circumstances under which Covid itself can be called a 'good' thing or having a 'silver lining'.

None.

Lockdown, however, is a preventative measure intended on suppressing spread and reducing death. If you want to suggest that the lockdown has provided you with an advantageous opportunity, I'd be OK with that.

Regards,

- L.