Thread: Telling friends

Telling friends

So i made a medium step in my crossdressing. Most people who know about me being a crossdresser are people online. Which I came out to a few months ago. But they arent people I know in real life. So last night I took a step to tell 2 friends. I was nervous. One of them was a girl that I was seeing for a few years. I told her first as for the longest time when we were together I didn't. She was great about it. She told me to be me and be happy. The next person I told was a friend who I was close with when I worked over nights and we were on the same shifts, but different states. She was amazing about it. Telling me that if I wanted she could help me with some looks and asking me what I have done with everything. I told her that I stick to a casual look of yoga pants and a shirt. Nothing to excited. She told me that she supports and would help me with other things too. Well I guess its time to go on a trip to see her. Lmao. Thanks for reading. I hope you all are well.
    I'm just a simple someone trying to figure life out.

Banned Read only
    Christina,
    It has to happen for most of us , I see you picked two female friends , so it will be interesting when you tell a male friend .

I'm like an old record player but don't forget there is a difference between telling someone and the reality , so you are only 50% out to them but I admit it does feel good to get some support . The other point is just because they know doesn't mean they want to talk about it all the time , it means far more to you then them . The occasional talk about clothes rather than CDing might be the way to go .

Well done and it's another step on your journey .

***Breaking News***

Remember once you tell someone your secret, its not your secret to keep anymore.

Just a thought X

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Years ago I told an old college girl friend. We had stayed in touch for 30 years, thru her marriage and divorce. Then, thru mine. We began seeing each other and she was initially supportive of Sherry. But, after a year she became tired of seeing pics and hearing about Sherry!

That was over 5 years ago. We haven't spoken since!

Since then, I tell people on a "need to know" basis only!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I thinker's true that coming out to a friend can be very liberating, but is is dangerous in that it's super important to you and to them maybe not so much and it's easy to overdo it. They can be like "okay, you're a crossdressers...now lets move on...." I've spent too much time talking about my crossdressing with friends when they were accepting but really they just wanted me to shut up about it. I think it kind of tried their patience a bit.

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    It really depends on your age and social group. Sherry is also has a good point, If it becomes a too often topic with anyone, you may loose the support you initially sought. Its kind of like when your guy friends talk about shop, boats or fishing all of the time.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

I have came out to two female friends who both support me being Jackie. Both say that you need to do what makes you happy. The only male friend that knows also is non binary as well and they are happy to talk about anything related to it. Just be careful who you tell as it sometimes cannot be the right thing to do.

No one can keep a secret. Are you comfortable being outed generally? If yes, tell all you like.

Silver Member
    If those ladies tell some of their friends, you are not being outed unless they KNOW you.

They are ones that I trust theres another secret I have and I told them and neither of them told anyone.