Thread: Well, it happened.....

I NEVER go bare-legged! Kimberly A.'s Avatar

Well, it happened.....

Hey y'all!

So I went out dressed yesterday, I was all done up in my new goth look, (pics to come later). I went to Pearl, MS, (close to Jackson) to do some shopping and then for a bite to eat..... That's not the exciting part, though. LOL

While I was on my way home last night, I had to take I-55 Northbound to get home from Pearl and right after I exited off of the Interstate, I came up on a sobriety check point, WHILE I was still dressed, of course! Oh my word, I was SO nervous and my heart was pounding SO fast because I knew I had to show my driver's license. LOL So, my idiot self decided I didn't wanna go through that sobriety check point and explain to the officer that I'm CD'er, so I checked the traffic, then saw it was safe and I pulled a u-turn, (albeit an illegal one), RIGHT in front of all those police cars and officers, (there were several of them). Also at that point, I didn't know for sure if it was a sobriety check point or an accident but either way, I wanted to avoid it. So, I proceeded to get back onto I-55 Northbound to take the next exit that would get me home. Then when I hit the on-ramp to get back on I-55, here come the blue lights in my rear-view mirror..... Yeah, I was EXTREMELY nervous at this point and I was cussing! LOL

I pulled over on the shoulder of the ramp, got my driver's license out of my purse and my car registration and insurance out of my glove compartment. I opened my driver's side window and the cop was right beside me, seeing me in my full goth get-up! ROFL! The cop asked me, "How much have you had to drink tonight?" I told him in my feminine voice, "Absolutely none, I'm not dumb enough to drink and drive", which was true, of course. Then he asked to see my driver's license. I showed him my license, then told him, "That's me, I'm crossdresser". He looked at me funny, then said, "It's good you're not dumb enough to drink and drive", I said, "Yeah". Then he said, "You're good to go, have a good one" and I went on about my way.

I think the cop was a little weirded out by the way I was dressed, or because I'm a crossdresser, but either way he acted like he wanted to get away from me ASAP! LOL But yes, I know that cops have seen it all and this one was an older gentleman, looked like he was a seasoned police officer who has probably seen a lot in his time..... Anyway, I got VERY lucky that he didn't write me a ticket, I think he could have because I pulled an illegal U-turn. After that, I was WISHING I had a strong drink! ROFL

So that was my first time having to show my driver's license while dressed and while I was nervous, there was nothing to worry about.
    Last edited by Kimberly A.; 09-21-2020 at 10:20 AM.
    My YouTube channel: Kimberly A.

As a mom to a Police officer I am sure they would not care except if you lied or try to pretend. You did not even need to use your fem voice . So it happened and now you can see it is not a big deal. I remember when Sherlyn was pulled over and she was nervous too.
    I doubt he was weirded out but you probably were just nervous.
    Lol watch out for that upturn .
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Banned Read only
    Kimberly,
    Lesson learned , don't panic next time !

If you had gone through the check point nothing would have happened , you hadn't been drinking and being a CDer is no longer a crime . The fact your appearance and your driving license didn't match up wouldn't have been an issue to him , lets not forget you aren't the only CDer / TG person in the World the police now accept the TG situation within their own ranks . You also don't need to explain yourself , he has eyes in his head so don't treat him like an idiot , he's seen it all before and some !

I appreciate this is all fairly new to you but at some point you will need to make some decisions on which direction you want your dressing to go , lets face it you can't keep going into a panic when these situation crop up .

I agree with Di, I'll bet he wasn't weirded out at all. Just another day on the job. I'd say he cut things short so that he could get back in the game and catch a drunk driver.

I haven't been pulled over yet while dressed and don't look forward to the day that it happens. I get a little nervous when I am my guys self, for no real reason.

Around here I've never been asked for ID at a sobriety check point.
    They usually just have you roll down the window and talk to you. They can tell if they smell alcohol or you're slurring your speech then it's out of the car, walk the line (in heels no less LOL) and so on.
    I never drink anymore when I drive so I never worry. If they want to inspect my outfit so be it.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Turning around before any checkpoint will get you pulled over because it makes you look guilty and or wanted. He was probably more POed that you wasted his time. I have had several occasions to interact with the police for various reasons and was always treated with respect. Always be honest with them and things will go a lot smoother.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

If you can't handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen. Props for rocking the Goth look in public, but trying to dodge scrutiny, at place set precisely for scrutinizing passing motorists was the wrong move. At best, you inconvenienced the officer who chased you down. You place him and other motorists at risk. Next time, just own it and behave like responsible citizen.

Turning around at the checkpoint gave them probable cause - only a driver with a reason to avoid a sobriety check would turn around. At least, that's their line of reasoning.

Glad it turned out well for you!

"The guilty man flees, when no one pursues"

Here is a tip: If you WANT to get pulled over, then make an illegal U-turn right in front of the Police and the checkpoint. It is a surefire, 100% guaranteed way to get all the attention you DIDN'T want.

You're damned lucky he didn't cite you for the U-turn.

And, the Officer was probably "weirded out", not by you being in a dress, but by the rush of adrenaline that ran through him as he wondered what he was walking into. YOU know you're an upstanding citizen and why you avoided the checkpoint, but HE doesn't! You acted suspiciously, he assumed that you were dodgy.

How many times does it have to be said: LEO's have seen far stranger things that a guy in a dress.

And, just to throw this out there... as an ex-LEO myself, if you act suspiciously, I'm going to react accordingly.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Don't ever turn around approaching a sobriety checkpoint. As others have said, it's a sure way to get extra attention.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Pulled an illegal u turn because u didn't want to be stopped at a DUI checkpoint in front of a bunch of cops!?

I'll drink to that!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

The same thing happened to me last year: Fully dressed, driving home alone, pulled over (in a college neighborhood) for a totally bogus reason ("rolling through a stop sign," not the case). I was nervous but not perhaps as nervous as you, because of where I live. The young, male officer asked if I'd been drinking, I said no, he didn't react to my appearance at all and was very courteous as he wished me a good evening. I actually sent an email to the community affairs department complimenting him.

I've been stopped for a random alcohol test while dressed a while back. Even though I don't drink at all, of course I was still nervous under the circumstances but had no choice but to go through with it and yeah, the police didn't care one bit how I was dressed and I was soon on my way.
    In 20+ years of driving, I don't think I have reached double figures yet for the total number of times I have been pulled over but that was one of the times and I just happened to be presenting as Melissa

Yep, pulling a U turn was probably not the best choice, but it ended well. I have been pulled over dressed enfemme, no big deal, he took a double take and then professionalism kicked in and treated me with respect. He checked my license, insurance, and registration, gave me a verbal warning and left. But yes, I was shaking!

I am afraid to be involved with a checkpoint like that When dressed as frax. If I were you I?d turn on the Waze app every time I get behind the wheel.
    the boy became the girl>>>> frances

My sister had a kid that would undo her seat belt way too often when driving. So when stopped at a one of these checkpoints her kid undid her seat belt and she is trying to get the kid to put it back on before the cop sees when it is their turn to be checked out. I am more worried about that scenario myself than being dressed. They don't care. But doing a U-turn before one looks suspicious which is going to garner more attention and not less.

Platinum Member
    Nothing much to add other than I suggest everyone should be aware of the vehicular laws of their state or the state you're driving through. What may be a civil infraction in one state that leads to a written citation maybe a criminal act in another state. That can lead to a trip to the jail or impounding of the car. Then, if you're trying to keep in the closet with relatives or friends you may have outed yourself.

Before leaving the driveway, if I am en femme, I have made sure all lights are working and my gas tank is full. And, never a drop of alcohol.

I NEVER go bare-legged! Kimberly A.'s Avatar
    LOL I totally understand that, Di! Yeah, those u-turns can be a pain.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Teresa, I really wasn't trying to treat the police officer like he was an idiot..... And of course I know that CD'ing isn't illegal and they have CD'ers and trans people among them. I just felt that it was best, because I looked different than the picture on my driver's license to tell him that I'm a CD'er. LOL I mean, I didn't know what that cop's reaction would be or if he would try to accuse me of stealing someone's driver's license.

I understand that, Andi. Yes, I'm sure he wanted to get back to his mission with his fellow police officers to catch drunk drivers..... I honestly hope that they didn't catch any, because that would mean that there were no drunk drivers on that stretch of road that night. LOL

Roberta, ok so I panicked a little..... I hear you, "Don't be that guy" and I wasn't. At least I didn't try to run from the cop when he pulled me over, that would've been felony evading. LOL And besides like I said, it could've been a wreck and not a DUI check-point, I didn't know until the cop pulled me over because I didn't get close enough to it. LOL Wow, Roberta..... It must've taken you a LOT of time to dig up posts from way back in 2005.

LOL I hear you, Cheryl..... You're lucky on that, that they don't check driver's licenses at sobriety check-points.

Quote Originally Posted by Allisa View Post
    Turning around before any checkpoint will get you pulled over because it makes you look guilty and or wanted. He was probably more POed that you wasted his time. I have had several occasions to interact with the police for various reasons and was always treated with respect. Always be honest with them and things will go a lot smoother.
    LOL You're not wrong, Alissa. I'm sure I did tick him off, but he got over it.

Well Kelli, like I said, how did I know it was a DUI check-point and not a wreck before I came up to it? I mean, how many of us here have been in traffic back-ups due to accidents on the road and we wanted to avoid them and go around it? Probably everyone us, right? LOL

ROFL Doc! Cool!
    My YouTube channel: Kimberly A.

In california you are allowed to legally avoid a sobrity check point and turn into a business or alley or street before the check or make a u-turn if it is in a residential area. I have been dressed before and gone through them and they ask if you have been drinking and just answer honestly and you won't have a problem if you haven't been drinking. You are not the first crossdresser they have talked to or seen but is is scary the first time. Enjoy the fact that the law is on your side and they are interested only in getting trouble of the streets to make it safer for us as crossdressing lawbiding girls.

Aspiring Member
    Where I live, there is a law that allows the cops to arrest a driver for less than the legal limit if, in the opinion of the cop, the driver seems to be impaired. One drop of alcohol and the driver is seriously at risk of a DUI. I have been pulled over a few times for this excuse. The cop smells nothing. Had anything to drink? No, Officer, nothing since 1979. He does the ID check, which comes up clean. Now he must use some imagination to ticket me...and that is too much work to expend on an old cross dresser. Have a nice evening. You, too, Officer.

I dress and drive a lot. I drove 1100 km round trip dressed just before COVID showed up. That is no longer a crime. If I am unfortunate enough to get into a checkpoint and I have been, I just curse my bad luck and the delay, own it, and survive to dress another day.

Platinum Member
    Hi Kim , Next time don't run, Just OWN it, >Orchid .oooo.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!