Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well, That Was Stupid . . . . .

Unhappy Well, That Was Stupid . . . . .

Call this self-deprecating humor or something. I guess it's just something for everyone to laugh at.

So, since I work from home, I sometimes wear some short-heeled booties around the house. That was the case today. Well, over lunch, I had to go to a city office to handle some personal business, then to our corporate office to sign some paperwork. Of course, Dummy forgot and left his heels on and didn't realize it until I got to the city office. Too late to turn back home, because of time constraints. Fingers crossed (and thanking that even size 6 boot-cut jeans are long on me, since I'm so short), in I went, consciously making sure not to heel-toe. There was a built-in distraction that I'll keep to myself, but I don't think anyone noticed. Whew.

After I got back out to the car, my worry was going to corporate, where I absolutely could not take that risk. That's when I remembered my bowling bag in the trunk that I haven't used in like three years. Grabbed my bowling shoes, for lack of a better idea, and wore those. Disaster averted.

That said, I may have to buy new bowling shoes, since wearing them anywhere other than the lane pretty much ruins them . . . . .

Yeah, I do dumb stuff like that.

I'd have still looked quite funny rolling in anywhere but the bowling alley in my awesome bowling shoes!
    il_fullxfull.252715719.jpg

Good work, I'm sure you escaped unnoticed.

I did the same sort of thing a couple weeks ago. Was doing some grilling on our back deck (which backs onto a huge parking lot) My wife was out so I decided to put on one of my little lacy bralettes. Took it off the first time I went back out, it was pretty hot out so was just in shorts and no shirt. Set the timer to go back out to flip everything, timer went off, saw more smoke than usual coming out of the bbq so whipped outside and flipped everything, was mid flip when I realized I was outside on our deck overlooking the busy parking lot with my cute little pink bralette on and no shirt ! Slapped the lid back on and whipped inside, took my bralette off and threw on a tshirt and finished cooking. I don't know many people in town so I was 99% sure that I wasn't busted. I do dumb stuff as well !!

Just adding this for reference.

20200921_155233.jpg

Well, that did it. You've outed yourself now. Everyone at the office is going to know you are self conscious about your height.

Seriously, they look pretty androgynous. I don't think you have anything to worry about at all.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

I doubt anyone would notice. I often wear boots with higher heels than that and nobody says anything.

I would wear those anywhere, and I am not "out".

I have a lot of boots with heels like those, and I wear them out everywhere.
    I even have wedge heel boots that I wear out too.
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

Heck those can easily pass for cowboy boots, why wreck bowling shoes

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I have a very similar pair of women's booties I wear for my back. 3 1/2" heels. But, no one's given me a 2nd glance, Val.

Except for one woman I passed outside who said, "Nice boots!"

The thing is, guys think they're cowboy boots!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I don't wear cowboy boots, so anyone who knows me would focus on that and likely want to have a better look. Obviously, that's a no-go.

Ah, thank you Val for clarifying that. It seemed to me strange that cowboy boot-like shoes would not be a big deal in Las Vegas. But now I understand. Hmm, you could have said, "I'm experimenting with a new look." Or not.

Platinum Member
    Those are so cute! I would have worn them into the office. To borrow from Morgan Freeman in Shawshank Redemption, how often does anyone look at a man?s shoes. Of course, the women in the office would have looked
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Everyone does "stupid" stuff all the time so don't beat yourself up too bad about it.

I agree that they were more on the androgynous side but if "you" were concerned at corporate wearing your bowling shoes was the right call. Besides, you can always say you were making a "fashion statement!"

I once forgot to take off my eye makeup before going for a flying lesson. Yup, remembered on the way over. Sitting that close to someone they'd notice since they're always looking at your face. Luckily I had some wipes in my flight bag so pulled over and quickly removed the stuff.

We all do stupid things. I actually forgot that I had a bra on with stuffing when I was just a fledgling cross dresser and visited a friend. Fortunately I she just let it go and acted like she hadn't noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    Those are so cute! I would have worn them into the office. To borrow from Morgan Freeman in Shawshank Redemption, how often does anyone look at a man?s shoes. Of course, the women in the office would have looked
    I don?t know. This is the one part of Shawshank I have a problem with. I notice shoes all of the time. Val, if you were uncomfortable you made the right call. For the record though I love those and I would have worn them.

Platinum Member
    Every one is entitled to a "mind melt" or in my case, a senior moment. Sometimes one does not think straight. When I was a teenager I had a medical appointment for a physical for a summer job with UPS. In the morning I had worn my mother open bottom girdle which was way to snug on me. When I took it off I freaked out when I noticed the seams of the girdle left indentations on my butt. I spent a lot of time trying to knead out those tell tale signs. I had the feeling all of them did not disappear before the appointment.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    I almost left my house going to moms in ballet flats the other day. It can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by April Rose View Post
    Well, that did it. You've outed yourself now. Everyone at the office is going to know you are self conscious about your height.

Seriously, they look pretty androgynous. I don't think you have anything to worry about at all.
    cut
    That's what I was thinking. In the picture, you can't tell it's a women's boot on her left leg. That's the great thing about boot cut jeans that fit right. I wear booties like that often out and about. No one can tell and no one cares.

Val, what brand are those booties, and do they come in 11.5 - 12?
    I'm a man. I like being a man. I also love wearing women's clothing. It's my way to show honor, respect and solidarity with them.

I think if you found a bucking bronco to go with those lovely boots you could "steer" yourself in that direction!!! lol
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Time and Tru, Walmart brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbi46 View Post
    I think if you found a bucking bronco to go with those lovely boots you could "steer" yourself in that direction!!! lol
    Just go easy with the spurs, girl.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

I've got (at least 1) similar pair of booties. Was out with my wife, and the cashier complimented me on my "cowboy boots". I didn't out myself, just said thanks.

The only time I encountered a check point dressed, I was ready to just own up to it but they just waved me through.
    Joni

Attachment 316128

Judging by the picture of your shoes I don't think you really had anything to worry about. I have these Bass Nina Booties that I wear. My wife hates my crossdressing but allowed me to get them because they were passable. No one out in public has said anything when I wear them. I wore them to a doctor appointment and my doctor (GG) said "Nice boots" and I said "Thanks".
    Last edited by Deborah2B; 10-24-2020 at 08:22 PM.
    Deborah

My desire is to create an illusion that is a compliment to all women.
    It is meant to uphold and celebrate their presence and beauty.