Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If there were no Social Judgement, How would you dress

If there were no Social Judgement, How would you dress

If the world were totally accepting without judgement

How would you dress?
    Would you dress totally enfemme including wigs and makeup?
    Would you still dress as a guy?

Or somewhere in between?

For me I would dress complete with forms and dress or nice outfit,
    But only from the neck down.
    Very much like my avatar

Interested to hear others opinions
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    To be honest? I dress to the 9's or nothing!

So, for me the only difference is, maybe once a month I'd go shopping looking like a deva or a hooker!?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I honestly think I am way better looking as a woman*, so removing the social stigma, I'd very close to fully transition socially, I think. So, for sure, I'd be in what we in our reality consider female attire, wig and all. In this hypothetical reality, it wouldn't actually be "women's" clothing, by definition, I don't think.

But, I would keep The Gentleman in place. I don't think I'd go that far.

*Admittedly, this is a very low bar to clear.
    Last edited by Val_Blackbird; 09-21-2020 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Added caveat.

I'd continue with my androgynous/hybrid look but be more public with it. I haven't done forms and, since it would be a sticking point for my wife, it's not worth giving up the acceptance/tolerance that I have now. Not sure I'd like forms anyway.

If the world were totally accepting.

I would prob be in the middle. Would prefer to go out in blouses, jeans and heels, casual look. But would alternate between male clothes as well.

Banned Read only
    I am pretty much full time now, so... yeah seeing as "social judgement" is the only thing that stopped me, I would have done this a long time ago. If "no social judgement" also meant that surgery was available and covered by insurance without years of jumping through gate-geeper hoops, I would fully transition and never look back. But how would I dress on a daily basis? Just like any woman my age that's trying to look a bit younger because she can still pull it off

Bea_, what if no social judgement included your wife?
    Last edited by Robertacd; 09-21-2020 at 10:14 PM. Reason: more added...

Yes, i would love to live where what you wore didn't matter at all, that would open up a whole new world for me, I think!
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

Fem every day... not always to the 9's. But occasionally you just have to flaunt it!!
    The Pink Fog is thick with this one....

Very interesting Responses so far.

Keep them coming

I certainly feel that i look better in a dress and forms
    But as soon as I put on a wig, it all looks pretty fake to me
    Not to mention that wigs are so hot and uncomfortable
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

"If the world were totally accepting without judgement..."
    If that includes my wife, I'm pretty sure I'd go all out.
    Wig, makeup, nice forms, padding where it should be, and a really nice (and comfortable) wardrobe!

For me, choice is restricted by bearing in mind my partner?s preference that I do not dress at all in clothes deemed feminine. It is quite a narrow line to walk! For me I would like to wake up, smell the air, reflect what I was doing that day and how I felt. Then choose clothes that suited how my world seemed that day.

Silver Member
    I have developed my own version of Man In A Dress, and I take every opportunity to get put in the world looking my very best, which includes either a dress or, most commonly now, a skirt with complimentary top and shoes. The more I get out, the more my confidence grows, in part because of the reaction I get from the people I meet. That reaction is, "This is No Big Deal", as illustrated by the fact that those reactions are identical to when i am drab.

In that light, I feel no desire to change my presentation should the level of acceptance "improve". To me, the acceptance level is already high enough to give me all the freedom i need. If I ever feel the need to buy a wig and include it in my presentation, I'd buy one that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Raychel View Post
    How would you dress?
    Would you dress totally enfemme including wigs and makeup?
    Would you still dress as a guy?

Or somewhere in between?
    I would probably come out more as Christina. Both in work and daily living. But I would still be my male self at the same time.

What a great day that would be, to work I would wear a dress shirt "Ben Sherman" nice skirt. Stockings and heels, then

Out I would still wear a skirt everywhere every day and ditch the Male trousers.

Very happy to wear male cloths waist up but female waist down.

This would be my ideal dress style, MIAD

Dress, heels, and light makeup (unless I was doing yard work)

Well out working in jeans and tee but just hanging out well dress fully feminine!

Quote Originally Posted by Raychel View Post
    If the world were totally accepting without judgement
    Well - If the world was totally without judgement, then there really wouldn't be such a thing as male or female clothing - well beyond tailoring for body shape - right?

So - then it would boil down to what I'd like. Me? I always prefer a dress or skirt over any form of pants. They're just more comfortable, unless they're too short and you have to keep tugging them down. If I'm climbing ladders or something that might show what I don't want shown, I might have to opt for shorts, culottes, or even slacks.

Panties? Shaved body? Perfumes? Jewelry? Other things I'm forgetting at the moment? Sure.

Bras? Wigs? Shapewear? Forms? H-m-m-m. I don't know. They're inconvenient and often uncomfortable, but I guess that since I think that I'd still really prefer to be perceived as an actual female, I'd still try to look the part.

I would dress any way that I wanted. It would depend on what I am doing. Shopping? En femme. Yard work or building something, then in drab. Forget the stereotypes and dress in a way that is appropriate for the occasion. Presumably, nobody would care what anybody is wearing so it would be complete freedom with no constraints. Be yourself.

Banned Read only
    Rachel,
    Making the decision to be full time means " Grasping the nettle " and dealing with society . The big revelation is they aren't judgemental , my life is pretty well normal . I obviously don't dress as a guy , why do I need to ? In my new home town I'm only know as Teresa and it's getting very much that way in my old home town .

On the whole if you stop looking for problems you won't get any , or at least that's what I've found .

GrtecheM,
    If you recall my thread titled , It's totally possible " I've found not to make an excuse and just buy the appropriate women's work wear and get stuck in , I've really enjoyed it even with makeup and an old wig .
    Last edited by Teresa; 09-22-2020 at 07:01 AM.

Aspiring Member
    If there was no social judgment, I'd be Wendy 93% of the time.

Only times I would be in drab mode are : gym, as I sweat profusely I don't like the idea of getting Wendy's clothes soaked in sweat and smelling like bad BO. Anytime I have to do labourious work like yard work, working on the cars, doing anything dirty, ...

Otherwise, I would be dressed like a corporate business woman : black tights, pencil skirt just above the knee, sleeveless blouse, matching blazer with the skirt, accessories like ankle bracelet, wrist bracelet, scarf or necklace, earrings, full makeup, false eye lash, wig, breastforms, hips, and butt pads.

I would keep a good mix depending on the season. However Warm weather would definitely be more dresses and heels though

Platinum Member
    Over the past decade I have presented entirely as a woman in public more Timor?s than I can count. That includes the credit union, dry cleaners, grocery, Starbucks, various restaurants, the zoo, numerous museums, the auto dealership for maintenance, my optometrist, community events, the theatre and, occasionally, nightclubs. I?ve driven across country multiple time, stayed in hotels, had meals in very small town restaurants and even spent an afternoon at a small GM dealership waiting for repairs on one of those trips.

Never once did I experience social disapproval. If individuals disapproved, they kept it to themselves.

I won?t ever leave the house unless I?m fully made up and dressed...but that is just me.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I'd be full time.
    I'm very close to that now thanks to Covid, but if everyone accepted I'd be there without hesitation.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I would dress full time. I?ve been dressing daily and nightly, including light makeup since being sequestered, some days with a wig and I love it. The fun is deciding what to wear every day...shorts, skirt, dress, hose, tee, sweater, blouse, etc. definitely panties, bra and forms.

If nobody cared? I'd probably wear gothic lolita style dresses a lot, cheerleader uniforms, and girl school uniform outfits (tartan pleated skirts, plain tops, maybe penny loafers).
    And maybe a sailor moon outfit. Hmmm...... Halloween is coming, maybe I'll do that last one anyway. At my age, maybe I can now get away with being eccentric.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.