Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If there were no Social Judgement, How would you dress

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

If there were no Social Judgement, How would you dress

If the world were totally accepting without judgement

How would you dress?
    Would you dress totally enfemme including wigs and makeup?
    Would you still dress as a guy?

Or somewhere in between?

For me I would dress complete with forms and dress or nice outfit,
    But only from the neck down.
    Very much like my avatar

Interested to hear others opinions
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    To be honest? I dress to the 9's or nothing!

So, for me the only difference is, maybe once a month I'd go shopping looking like a deva or a hooker!?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I would probably wear some feminine jeans/jeggings, a neutral shirt, and flats. I have done each of these separately, but i would like to do it all together. I prefer the casual look so much.

I honestly think I am way better looking as a woman*, so removing the social stigma, I'd very close to fully transition socially, I think. So, for sure, I'd be in what we in our reality consider female attire, wig and all. In this hypothetical reality, it wouldn't actually be "women's" clothing, by definition, I don't think.

But, I would keep The Gentleman in place. I don't think I'd go that far.

*Admittedly, this is a very low bar to clear.
    Last edited by Val_Blackbird; 09-21-2020 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Added caveat.

I'd continue with my androgynous/hybrid look but be more public with it. I haven't done forms and, since it would be a sticking point for my wife, it's not worth giving up the acceptance/tolerance that I have now. Not sure I'd like forms anyway.

I would wear leggings with a nice top for most of daily outings. The leggings would be either black, patterned, or jean leggings; whatever my mood was that day. For a more formal outing an above the knee dress, pantyhose, and heels.

I'm sure I would be totally out of place in this day and age. I would wear a girdle and sheer stockings every day, (as I do now in private), also I would wear a dress or skirt at all times when out of the house, with pumps. A bra with forms, slips, etc. But...As you stated. no social judgement.

I would be all over the chart as I would dress based on how I feel at the moment. Sometimes male, sometimes female and for sure the situation and activity would dictate. Naturally comfort is king so that would provide a measure also. But now shopping, with no judgement, well that would be divine!

If the world were totally accepting.

I would prob be in the middle. Would prefer to go out in blouses, jeans and heels, casual look. But would alternate between male clothes as well.

Banned Read only
    I am pretty much full time now, so... yeah seeing as "social judgement" is the only thing that stopped me, I would have done this a long time ago. If "no social judgement" also meant that surgery was available and covered by insurance without years of jumping through gate-geeper hoops, I would fully transition and never look back. But how would I dress on a daily basis? Just like any woman my age that's trying to look a bit younger because she can still pull it off

Bea_, what if no social judgement included your wife?
    Last edited by Robertacd; 09-21-2020 at 10:14 PM. Reason: more added...

I am out 24/7 and have had only a very few instances of "social judgement"! I also live in North Carolina, the bathroom state! I would continue as I now do! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I would dress in mixed fashion. Maybe skirt and men?s shirt one day and ladies blouse (paisley or animal print) and men?s jeans the next. I might do a ballet slipper. Basically if I liked it, I?d wear it.

I would wear skirts, dresses, gorgeous shoes and boots, some days just jeggings and a nice soft t-shirt. Wigs I could do without, too hot and annoying and sometimes a bit of makeup if my face was a bit hungover. I've never been an 'all or nothing' dresser, just what I feel like wearing at the time. Don't get me wrong, if I have a makeover done I love the result but to re-create anything like a makeover pros job, 1.5 hours is just too long a time.
    Foxy Roxy has entered the building

Yes, i would love to live where what you wore didn't matter at all, that would open up a whole new world for me, I think!
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

Fem every day... not always to the 9's. But occasionally you just have to flaunt it!!
    The Pink Fog is thick with this one....

Very interesting Responses so far.

Keep them coming

I certainly feel that i look better in a dress and forms
    But as soon as I put on a wig, it all looks pretty fake to me
    Not to mention that wigs are so hot and uncomfortable
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

"If the world were totally accepting without judgement..."
    If that includes my wife, I'm pretty sure I'd go all out.
    Wig, makeup, nice forms, padding where it should be, and a really nice (and comfortable) wardrobe!

Banned Read only
    I also dress up just from the neck down.I feel very feminine when I dress

For me, choice is restricted by bearing in mind my partner?s preference that I do not dress at all in clothes deemed feminine. It is quite a narrow line to walk! For me I would like to wake up, smell the air, reflect what I was doing that day and how I felt. Then choose clothes that suited how my world seemed that day.

Silver Member
    I have developed my own version of Man In A Dress, and I take every opportunity to get put in the world looking my very best, which includes either a dress or, most commonly now, a skirt with complimentary top and shoes. The more I get out, the more my confidence grows, in part because of the reaction I get from the people I meet. That reaction is, "This is No Big Deal", as illustrated by the fact that those reactions are identical to when i am drab.

In that light, I feel no desire to change my presentation should the level of acceptance "improve". To me, the acceptance level is already high enough to give me all the freedom i need. If I ever feel the need to buy a wig and include it in my presentation, I'd buy one that day.

With no social judgement, I would love to pick out one of the many ball gowns hanging in the closet, over a hoop skirt, of course. But, if the mood so struck, one of my wedding dresses could be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Raychel View Post
    How would you dress?
    Would you dress totally enfemme including wigs and makeup?
    Would you still dress as a guy?

Or somewhere in between?
    I would probably come out more as Christina. Both in work and daily living. But I would still be my male self at the same time.

What a great day that would be, to work I would wear a dress shirt "Ben Sherman" nice skirt. Stockings and heels, then

Out I would still wear a skirt everywhere every day and ditch the Male trousers.

Very happy to wear male cloths waist up but female waist down.

This would be my ideal dress style, MIAD

Dress, heels, and light makeup (unless I was doing yard work)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanettew View Post
    Very happy to wear male cloths waist up but female waist down.
    That's exactly my thought too. If there was no judgement, I'd be happy enough getting around in skirts, tights and heels/ankle boots/ballet flats; with male attire up top. I don't mind going all the way with bra, blouse, make-up and wig but I could easily do without them.
    My Flickr profile
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/142337725@N08/