Thread: Getting older not always bad

Getting older not always bad

Well interesting day. Wife has gone from "let's play" to DSDT, and blew me away today.

I have a birthday coming up and she wants me to get two new dresses. Wow, not just one, but 2. Only issue is favorite styles need to be dialed back for current body shape and she loves maxi's which I hate. So I've had fun today browsing. Think I will present a list and ask her which on that list are bad buys for either body shape or style. She wanted me to look at the carts of a couple of stores, but nothing in cart. So I have to ask about that before showing my list.

Anyone ever had this type of experience?

DSDT? Is a new one to me.

Hmm. Interesting situation. In my world I would wonder what she was up to. Fast opinion turn arounds don't just happen when things are fairly polarized. They usually arise slowly. Like Helen, I wonder what the DSDT means. Could you please clarify that?

S and A are next to each other on the keyboard. It's likely a typo for DADT.

Platinum Member
    Well, for one I like Maxi dresses and boot skirts, but to each her own.

As to what?s up, aside from the common puzzlement about what ?let?s play? and DSDT imply about your relationship at present, I guess people?s perspectives change. I hope she is moving towards a more accepting attitude. Let her pick the dresses
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

DSDT == don't show,don't tell

I wouldn't ascribe a hidden agenda. It's mostly a thank you for being there for four ER visits

She went from "lets Play" to dont show or tell. Then let go buy dresses. I must be easily confused these days. I am getting older.

I thought this thread was about getting older. I've never been old before and need all the help I can get. I guess our tastes change as we age and so does our styles to fit our changing bodies.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Yes, tastes change. No so much the mini look and more the swing or flowing styles. Thread was more than just getting older, it's been a year of downers and the last year of has been trying and I had lost the relief value of dressing. It's just so hopeful to be able to dress again and to shop together. A long time ago we'ld go to thrift stores and along with her shopping I could pick out something for me. Usually a skirt or top. Then lift got crazy and did not want this "hobby". Then with covid we've both been struggling with lost of social outlets, lost of physical and mental abilities. It's been a real downer of a year for us, and so this was/is something to provide joy back into life.

It's really nice she wants to buy you 2 dresses.
    My wife gave me an outfit one year for Christmas and a nightgown another, but generally I'm left to my own devices when it comes to clothes.
    We have similar yet different tastes.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Platinum Member
    I do agree COVID has had a negative effect on having any personal alone time. As a retire I have found being being in our home with one person is akin to being in a jail cell with an inmate for fifty years. It would be nice to be able to have other inmates into our cell other than just the exercise yard in back.

All kidding aside, I suspect your wife is getting vibes there is angst in your life. If I am reading your post correctly it appears you and your wife have a history of shopping together. My wife and I use to share shopping experiences early in our marriage. We shot for nylon nightgowns and hosiery for me. The DADT hit. I know she remembers those times. Yes, it would be nice for her to communicate some sort of acceptance. Between COVID lock downs, California wildfire smoke and trips to an emergency room (4x), she may be realizing she needs to be somewhat supportive of your needs to lessen any angst you're exhibiting. I don't think your wife has some bad motivations on flip flopping.

As to changing styles, I think as people do age they usually see themselves differently than when one was a teenager or young adult. At age 73 I cannot see myself attired in a mini skirt even if my body shape had not changed. But, that's my personal opinion.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    U sound confused, Donna?

I don't recall ever hearing anyone here describe their situation as DADT, (or DSDT), then complain about the style of dresses their SO bought for them!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

FWIW:
    When my ex suddenly started behaving like she wanted me to dress up, she even bought me two dresses. Then took pictures of me dressed up in them. And then used those pictures to blackmail me during the divorce.
    Beware sudden changes, is all I'm saying, they may not be what they seem.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

see. I hate that when they do that.

The change in thoughts took place over 12 years.

Again thanks for responses. Finally reached resolution today. 3rd try, she still doesn't like to see non-male dress, but we compromised and
    instead of swing, knee length dresses I was in favor of, it's not the maxi's she was liking. So two midi's are coming with a bonus nightgown.

Looks to be an interesting bd month

hello SirDonna,
    I firmly believe that getting older is better than the alternative!
    stay healthy!
    luv j

I think I need to go lie down in a dark room, so confused....lol x