Hi All I just came back to this site after appx. one year ago. This coming month will be one year since my breast augmentation surgery and wanted to provide some thoughts about it. A lot comments I read advised not to go through with it which now makes a lot of sense, and looking back it is a toss up for me, on one hand I do enjoy them but it is a lot to deal with physically, mentally and socially I can not stress that enough!

At the time for me at least it was something I had strong feeling about, and even though I realized it would be a big change for me as to how I presented myself and how others would see me I was fully on board. I wore breast forms most of the time for 5mos prior to my consultations and surgery. I eventually found a Surgeon that 1) I trusted, and 2) would provide me with the results I wanted so I was off to the races.

After surgery and the recovery period which was painful in the beginning I took 2 weeks off. I ended up a solid C. Initially I was ecstatic! No real issues at first except the rather long recovery and basically adjusting to them (getting in the way of everything! still do) and reaction of friends / family / others I would encounter. Surprised somewhat of the new me it didn't really bother me much as I looking back still on cloud nine. Downfall was I had a panic attacks beginning in June, and would repeat itself, I would start to shake and felt like I could not breathe. Finally after a few more I become very worried and scare as I never had them previously. I also became extremely self conscious of myself especially around crowds, I didn't know why and started avoiding going out in the public unless I was with someone.

I did seek out a Therapist she has been great helping me with this but it has not been easy. When I go out to a new place or meeting someone new (which fortunately there has not been many instances) I really need to plan for it and get myself psych up. Looking back I would having gone to counseling first then decided if surgery was for me. It can be very draining both emotionally and mentally.