Thread: A conversation with my niece yesterday

A conversation with my niece yesterday

Hopefully I have found the right forum for this post.

I was having a chat with my 15 year old niece yesterday and she conveyed she has been struggling trying to deal with something but wasn't sure whether or not to bring it up with me. I hoped she was comfortable to talk to me about anything but then she decided to trust me (I didn't put any pressure on her at all) and revealed that she is somewhere in the gender diverse world too. We tried to have a private conversation about it yesterday but there were other family members around but as she felt like sharing with me, I did the same for her and she said that it helps, knowing that there is a family member who is dealing with some of the same issues.
    Last edited by Princess29; 09-24-2020 at 06:44 AM.

Platinum Member
    That was very kind of you. I?m glad she felt confident in sharing her feelings with you.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Glad she has someone to talk to that understands. Well done.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

my brother (her dad) knows about my situation and he opted more for the DADT method of dealing with it and that's fine with me. We couldn't really have much of a chat and that was the first time I had caught up with them for ages.
    I really tried to not put any pressure on her to get her to tell me and hopefully that was the case from her point of view. I told her how my sister (her Aunt) knows about me and is very supportive and she will not have any problem at all with whatever my niece feels like where she is headed

a recent development is that she has started a facebook account under a male name and she seems to be out at school and seems to be supported there

That’s wonderful to hear

Platinum Member
    Hi Princess , It is great that she has someone older to talk about this, >Orchid**OO**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

What wonderful news. Glad you could share yourself too. Now, FtM, what pronouns do they prefer. My guess is He/Him or They/Them. Be best if you can do that for them.

yes, I know what the preferred pronouns are in this situation but one step at a time.

I am always bowled over by how much smarter the younger generation is on these issues than we were.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.