Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Partial crossdressing?

Partial crossdressing?

I consider myself to be a "partial crossdresser". What I mean by that is that I like to crossdress, but I don't wear makeup, don't wear a wig, don't paint my nails, and a few other things. To me, it just seems so tedious, time consuming, expensive, etc. to do those things. Sorry, but that's just the way I am.
    I guess I just like/enjoy wearing the clothes only, but don't want to go "all out" so to speak.
    Is there anybody else who is the same way? Where you just want to enjoy the comfort/look of wearing the clothes only and nothing else? I can't possibly be the only one?

Hello,

What you describe is very similar to what we call here a "MIAD"; man in a dress. I am a miad, I spend most of my time dressed in a skirt, nylons & lingerie. And that's it. I have no interest in presenting as a woman. I just enjoy wearing the clothing. No women's shoes, jewellery, makeup, wigs, etc. I only underdress when going out.

You joined the forum a couple of months after I did, so you must have seen numerous discussions on this subject. Yes, there are quite a few of us like that, here, so you are not alone.

Enjoy!
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress

ZenladyCD5

No you aren't the only one. I've only worn make-up a couple times, both done by my wife & ex-wife. I have no desire to wear a wig. I don't want to present myself as a woman out in public, but I do go out in public dressed but unless someone really looks they would never notice that I am wearing women's clothing. I do occasionally paint my toe nails, but I have never painted my fingernails.

I just enjoy the feeling of wearing women's clothing. To me the clothes are more comfortable, plus there is a wider selection of styles, colors and fabrics to choose from.

You are sure not alone doing this. And I wouldn't call this partial crossdressing but simply crossdressing. It comes in all kinds of flavors. I did what you do for a very long time, even if I finally chose to go the "tedious" way as well, at least when I have the time, because that is what I prefer most.

You joined the forum a couple of months after I did, so you must have seen numerous discussions on this subject. Yes, there are quite a few of us like that, here, so you are not alone.
    Nope, haven't seen many discussions at all. I rarely visit the forums much. Been busy with other life issues.

I just enjoy the feeling of wearing women's clothing. To me the clothes are more comfortable, plus there is a wider selection of styles, colors and fabrics to choose from.
    Yep. I totally agree.

Hi Zenlady,
    I'm another MIAD and advocate of not worrying about being male and wearing clothes normally 'reserved for' females. Many females are not all that keen on transformation dressing to try to match an idealization of female beauty, so we are not alone in that way either!

At first glance people are shocked, but then they see I am a male in a dress, and going about my business normally. People look for magic when a woman wears a dress, as it has deep sexual and social role associations. They feel no magic seeing me, although some young women have expressed a lot of friendly and sincere support- in a way which makes me feel that my liberation liberates them.

The more I go out, the more I feel that persistent public resistance to transformation crossdressing is more about resenting the confusing feelings generated when we are trying to pass, but don't, or trying to be treated 'like a woman' [which means different things to different people, so is an endless complication], than it is about wearing a dress.

I don't mind being a minority within a minority!
    We are all beautiful...!

You are definitely not alone. While I have gone full femme before. I am still finding my balance. Like you I find being full femme to be too much like work. As you read more here you will find there are CDers of all degrees. Many of the MIADs here are not as vocal but there are some who contribute and add another level of depth to the conversation.

Phili, I am not brave enough yet to wear a skirt in public in front of anyone I know but thanks for your courage. I think if more of us were that brave we could normalize any gender wearing anything they want.

You are definitely not alone. I am another MIAD. I really don't have any desire to wear a wig or makeup or present as a female. I do not own any women's shoes. I do regularly wear women's panties, and I have gone in hotel pools many times wearing a woman's bathing suit, but that is about the extent of my public appearances.
    Last edited by Jamie390; 09-24-2020 at 08:56 AM.

Banned Read only
    Zenlady,
    To wear the clothes of the opposite gender is still crossdressing but there is a wide spectrum that it covers , also there are no rules . What drives that basic need or want varies from one person to the next , to some it is sexual and a fetish , to others maybe a hobby but along the spectrum GD becomes more of a problem . Just to wear the clothes for some is all they need to satisfy their need , to me the clothes are a window showing my inner feelings , it's not a tedious ,time consuming wasted effort , to achieve a balance with my dysphoria I'm now full time . I'm on part of the spectrum where I've socially transitioned , dressing as a man now feels more like CDing .

I have no problem with your , " Partial crossdressing " but also consider the whole spectrum you are part of , to the RW now I appear as a woman not a crossdresser .

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I have met a number of dressers who simply throw on a dress. With no foundation gear, forms, wig, or even heels!

Including one I met first here on cd.com! We met later at a trans dinner get together at a restaurant.

I must say I find them as interesting as dressers who go all the way, like myself.

But, some of my T friends that nite treated her like she had the corona virus!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    I checked my crossdressing rule book, and you are safe. Rule number one says that there are no hard fast rules regarding crossdressing.

My CD'ing consists of lingerie, skirts and hosiery. So I'm lazy by some standards, rule number two says, there are no standards, but your own.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

I see myself as non-binary, picking and choosing from the genders as I please. So on the femme side I like a lot about the clothes, jewlerly, and shoes, and I grew out my hair, but I don't use wigs, fake boobs, makeup, shave my legs, etc. My go to look is a skirt with a t-shirt or Hawaiian shirt.

Majority of the time I'm just wearing feminine clothing. Tho I have tried makeup... it's hard to do well, and wig, I rarely wear them unless those rare moments come when I have a few days wife free. So we're right there with you... it's just CDing in one form or another.

hello Zenlady,
    I am a "partial dresser" - wearing some women's clothing in public.
    I am a MIAD in private with makeup and a beard.
    stay healthy,
    luv J

Definitely not alone ZenLady

I firmly fit in that group, Never have owned any makeup.
    Do own a few wigs, but NEVER wear them.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

You Can Call Me Christy G
    I was looking at an LLBean catalogue last evening and lamented the fact most of the colors I love can only be found in women's sizes. My former wife with whom I remain good friends actually bought a women's turtleneck for me a couple of years ago because it was the perfect color. Unfortunately, the cut didn't much work with my broad shoulders, so it remains in the drawer.

I appreciate the many comments that make the simple case... how we do what we do is completely up to us. There is no one size fits all when it comes to crossdressing. There was a time when I experimented with makeup and I have to say my long eyelashes look delicious when my eyes are made up... but I've worn a beard longer than many folks on this website have been alive, and I'm not about to shave. I know Phili does his thing with a beard, but then I remember where he lives... I've attended Gay Pride events in San Fransisco and bending the gender is a regional sport. In fact, the first crossdressers I met were a group of men from San Francisco who attended a museum event I was at with my former wife... number 3 to be exact. Quite a shock to see a man with a full beard in an evening gown.

Trying to pass is not on my radar screen, nor is wearing women's clothes in public. Yes, a brassiere occasionally, but nothing more than that. I'm grateful there is so much freedom to express exactly as we feel inspired to do exists on this website... no pressure to transition or to do anything but enjoy ourselves without shame. I vote for that... I think Dogen would approve...
    We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time...
    T.S. Eliot Four Quartets

Although I don't mind adopting a full female persona occasionally, it does take a lot of time and effort so I am content with being "partial" for the majority of the times I get to dress.

I've read all the comments below about being a MIAD but I'm more of a MIAS kind of crossdresser, i.e. a man in a skirt. I much prefer skirts to dresses.
    My Flickr profile
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/142337725@N08/

I would be very happy to wear a skirt, stockings and heels ever day where ever i went with male attire waist up, although I have owned Bra's, Blouses and Dress's I would live my life in a skirt, and I don't understand why society would frown if men started doing this

I'm sure there are countless numbers of crossdressers who do not do the 'whole thing' - I for one. I wear a bra and panties all the time, and at home indoors always a skirt and top, but if I'm going out it's always male attire.

I have tried using make-up a few times, but never had much success with it. I have poor eyesight so putting on eye make-up without my glasses it pretty much a disaster.

Like others here, I would love to be able to just wear a skirt or dress out in public without it being an issue but I have never had the confidence to do that.
    Sasha

Dresses dont fall down --unlike my kecks (liverpool slang for trousers !)
    Liz

Just do what makes you happy that is what its all about. Who know what tomorrow will bring! I started out just like you!

Zen
    You definitely are not the only one. I would say I fall into this category. I wear lingerie, blouses/tops, dresses, jeans and heels. I don?t do wigs, makeup, forms. I?m not against any of it I just haven?t turned that corner and not sure I ever will. My wife accepts my current level fully and I?m very happy with where we are.

As you can see from the replies submitted, crossdressing has nothing to do with presenting as a woman. You found your own comfort level, your own happiness so take out the partial. You are a crossdresser.

When it comes to crossdressing, this is about as far as I go. Just two examples of pics of me. Not the best pics to show, but it's all I have at the moment. As you can see, I do love tights.

DSC00024 (2).JPG
    DSC00008 (1).JPG

you are not alone, but there are a lot of us here. Just not as vocal as the "ladies" here. As mentioned there are several levels of what is considered crossdressing. I commute back and forth to work using public transportation wearing skirts and high heels. I've been wearing skirts and high heels for over 3 years now daily at work. I'll wear men's shirts and jackets, along with a tie when necessary. I act the same at work regardless of what I wear. I had a co-worker and he is also a friend tell me that some at work keep waiting for me to start acting more feminine but so far they cannot tell the difference in my actions. Its just clothes to me. I do shave my legs as I have for several decades now as an ex-semi pro bike rider. I have my toe nails painted as my nails are not pretty but I do enjoy wearing open toed heels. I do wear men's thongs under my hose and I don't tuck.
    I was told I have balls for wearing skirts! My reply? "That's because balls this big won't fit in pants!"