Thread: Wife having a clear out

Wife having a clear out

So my wife is clearing out some old clothes and has put a loverly silk skirt and a great jumper in the out pile. I?m not much beyond DADT but they?re destined for my public collection of women?s clothes and I?ll await to see if this results in quiet acceptance or not. Do others share in the cast offs?

Platinum Member
    Rarely. The tops seldom really fit...occasionally a skirt.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Nope. Wrong size.

If the size is right I will ask if I can have it

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    question: where do you store your new wardrobe items?

Platinum Member
    Although my wife and I are the same size for some garments she really has not acquired anything that I would want other than several dresses. When she was recovering from a surgery she bought several summer dresses that are ankle length. I have tried them on (yet, I know..don't) and I really like them. I doubt she will get rid of them since she has to have a dress or two for any post COVID events...whenever that may be.

Not too many years ago she was cleaning out the back of her side of the closet and donating so many nightgown that no longer fit her....sigh! All of them would be in the "vintage" category. There was one that I bought her when we were first married (1971); white midi length (on me at least) peignoir with an overlaying sheer robe. It is a medium. At the time she chuckled because the nightgown swam on her. I had no idea of women's sizes. She was a petite 5' 2", 115-120 pounds. One night I tried it on while she was asleep. I was drinking a class of water in the kitchen when she walked in on me. The obvious; why was I wearing it? I liked the feel of the fabric. She was not upset or confused or anything other than accepting my reply which was true. We ended up over our early years buying me several nightgowns and some hosiery. About a decade later this cross dressing desire which was still limited to nylon gowns and slips came to a head when I bought a Vanity Fair vivid red bra. Our daughter open the bottom draw of my armoire and yanked it out of my relatively small box if slips and gowns. The precipitated "The Talk." That was about 1983. Anyway, fast forward to 2017 when she was cleaning out the nightgowns. She had a pile on the bed and told me to take anything I wanted. My jaw about it the floor. That comment was the first comment she had made for decades. I did end up liberating the gown from the pile. It not longer fits me. I have gained about 25 pounds since 1971. It is snug at the armhole, but, other wise fits. It is wearable. It is more of a sentimental value than a turn on.

If I were to keel over dead my wife would inherit so many fem garments she would be able to open a small ladies shop; 162 dresses, hundreds of panties, 400+ slips, etc.

Banned Read only
    Yes, my wife and I are the same dress size and share clothes all the time.

I am a tall though and she is average, so her pants don't fit and dresses are shorter on me.

My wife knows, and I rummage through her donation clothes prior to sent off. I actually get more out of my mother in law's donations (mostly because she buys so many clothes and has so many she donates every year or so).

Before my wife knew, she kept trying to donate a jean skirt and I would put it in her bin of clothes she keeps in the basement (smaller clothes she wants to wear again someday and clothes not in season). Now that she knows I now own that skirt.

My wife used to give me a few hand me downs of assorted things but that has stopped since she changed her view on my crossdressing.
    Crissy

Aspiring Member
    even though my wife and I are relatively close in size, no we do not share in cast offs (vice versa).

Our tastes are vastly different. She is more tops and pants, smart casual, while mine are blouse/skirts, more professional businesswoman. Besides, she doesn't like wearing skirts, especially pencil skirts that are at the knee or slightly above.

Our tastes with my wife were very different. I love to wear dresses. My wife is a skirt. We were different.

I originally bought the skirt and jumper For my wife as they were things I really liked. I didn?t get to wear them as my wife?s clothes are not shared, but mine can be, on occasion.

I store my public clothes in a big draw in my cupboard along with nightgowns I get to wear every evening but the clothes are only for empty house days and I?ve not had one of those during COVID. This has forced my to buy three lovely new long silk nightgowns with matching french knickers to help with the lack of dressing opportunities.

My only private things are a few dresses I bought before my slow adoption of public clothes and some forms and wig. I know they wouldn?t be acceptable any time soon.

waste not, want not!

Different sizes and vastly different tastes. Nope... hers go to donation.

Yep,
    Wife's dresses & skirts
    20200614_070934.jpg

Daughters tops, skirts, pants

20200119_061120.jpg 20190903_152554.jpg

Actually, 2 daughters and I, got 3 tops, same style, each a different colour, not sure who owns the purple top but there's a grey and a black top somewhere in our house.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Not so much cast offs.
    We do share tops and shoes as we either wear the same size or close enough to not matter.
    If she's going to donate something she no longer wears I get first dibs though.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !