Thread: End of Summer Outings

Aspiring Member Michelle Crossfire's Avatar

End of Summer Outings

Hello. Having not posted in over 2 months, having been busy with 2 jobs, sometimes 3, does not give one time to dress or do otherwise that often. As sit here and jam to Metallica, decided to make a post before going to bed. Is that okay? Got dressed today and went out. For some reason, i still have that apprehension when going out. It seems when i am alone somewhere, all of a sudden a rush of people appear out of nowhere. Went out about a hour west of home and went to the mall inside JC Penney. Found a few items that caught my eye, but the dressing rooms are still closed, so that has become a turn off for shopping. Not a good idea to buy before trying on whenever possible. So i put together my outfit, partly the night before. I chose a maroon skirt and maroon top. I had recently bought a pair of maroon heels which i like, but are a bit high. However, i was able to walk in them all day (about 6 hours). Just have to stretch my legs prior to putting them on and occasionally have to take them off and stretch again. So far, so good. I have been having problems with my legs, due to shin splints and I think my legs are getting a bit weaker with age, need to hit the gym some more. Haven't done that as much due to the pandemic and the gyms being closed or limited hours. Anyway, after the mall i went to Big Lots and got a few household necessities. While in line, an older lady who was behind me struck up a conversation. This made me nervous, but i did the best i could. She said my shoes matched my skirt perfectly. She asked why i was dressed up, and i said i dress up at work alot so this is really nothing to me. that is not true. I wear a uniform at work all the time. Don't know why i just didn't say that. Anyway, i am towering over her, in heels, which makes me about 6'3" or 6'4". I normally run around 5'11" to 6'0". She couldn't have been much more than 5'5", and i think i am being generous with that. She said that she does not dress up that much anymore, just a top and pants. She also said she could not walk in heels that well anymore and she saw mine, and was like wow, those are high. She complimented me on my appearance and outfit. That was nice. So i checked out, got some lunch and headed back towards home. The temps hit 81 today, which is a bit warm for late September, but i will take it, because we know what is around the corner. Time for bed, have to work tomorrow. Later!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [B][I]Call me Michelle: doll:

It is an impressive outfit

Good for you for going out and how nice the lady behind you was happy to talk. You look wonderful and why wouldn't she. i find women often make friendly comments about my clothes as well- and it embodies their knowledge that clothes are a styling choice and there is a person to speak to underneath every set of clothes!
    We are all beautiful...!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle Crossfire View Post
    She asked why i was dressed up...
    Most people don't dress up to go to the mall or Big Lots.

I get it you want to dress up and go someplace. But (Covid restrictions aside), how about going to a nice restaurant, a museum or art gallery? You know someplace people might dress a little nicer, you will blend in a lot better.

Your toenails are super cute! I love the color.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertacd View Post
    Most people don't dress up to go to the mall or Big Lots.

I get it you want to dress up and go someplace. But (Covid restrictions aside), how about going to a nice restaurant, a museum or art gallery? You know someplace people might dress a little nicer, you will blend in a lot better.
    True, most people don't dress up for Big Lots, mall, etc. it was a stop i made while out. Just getting out is enjoyment alone, but while i out, i do try to get some stuff done when necessary. When i am with the wife, we go out to dinner with friends sometimes. I have thought of an art gallery or museum, but COVID 19 makes that difficult. thanks for the input.

Love your outfit especially the color and matching heels.

Thanks for all the compliments.