I learned a big lesson to make sure I keep up with the current news. I make a run fir a friend who no longer has a car to pick up three cartons of cigarettes fir him each month. I?ve been doing this every month for over a year now. What turned out different is I take a break from watching or reading the news some lately too much going on and sometimes you just have to quit fir our own sanity. Well anyway I leave home it?s been a stressful day I had two doctors appointments and had to go order a new radiator for my pickup truck it?s been leaking fir about two weeks and couldn?t put it off anymore. Got it ordered and I can pick it up in 24 hours.

So I got dressed after cleaning up and decided to run a few other errands along with picking up his cigarettes. I?m in Indiana a few miles from Louisville, Ky I go across the bridge and get to the store I usually go to and a sign on the front door says ?Closed due to curfew ? Oh crap I didn?t know there?s a curfew it?s over a black lady Breonna Taylor that was killed over a botched police raid with a warrant at the wrong house. Anyway I went about 6 miles further out into the city and found another store that gives me the discount on his cigarettes I picked them up ran a few other errands and headed back home on the only way to get to the bridge I use.

All of a sudden I see blue lights coming up on my rear and start to pull over thinking wow I?m not only dressed but going to jail for being in an area that?s under curfew on top of it If I got arrested they wouldn?t care if I wasn?t doing anything wrong but end up in jail dressed makeup the works I?d be everyone?s play toy. That?s what was going through my head at the time. The curfew that started at 9:00pm it?s now 11:30 and I?m only about 8 blocks from the bridge to go home. Well then it?s 9 police cars all following each other their only a few hundred feet from me now. Then a car behind me swerves to the left makes an illegal left hand turn running a red light and they all turn chasing him. I?m sweating bullets, starting to shake but they leave me alone and I get on the bridge and I?m home free.

At any rate I?ll be checking the news from now on I never want to go through that feeling again ever. Was it wrong to think the worse to worry like I did or was I just blessed they were looking for someone else? I feel so lucky.