Thread: Had the ?Hell? scared out of me tonight.

Had the ?Hell? scared out of me tonight.

I learned a big lesson to make sure I keep up with the current news. I make a run fir a friend who no longer has a car to pick up three cartons of cigarettes fir him each month. I?ve been doing this every month for over a year now. What turned out different is I take a break from watching or reading the news some lately too much going on and sometimes you just have to quit fir our own sanity. Well anyway I leave home it?s been a stressful day I had two doctors appointments and had to go order a new radiator for my pickup truck it?s been leaking fir about two weeks and couldn?t put it off anymore. Got it ordered and I can pick it up in 24 hours.

So I got dressed after cleaning up and decided to run a few other errands along with picking up his cigarettes. I?m in Indiana a few miles from Louisville, Ky I go across the bridge and get to the store I usually go to and a sign on the front door says ?Closed due to curfew ? Oh crap I didn?t know there?s a curfew it?s over a black lady Breonna Taylor that was killed over a botched police raid with a warrant at the wrong house. Anyway I went about 6 miles further out into the city and found another store that gives me the discount on his cigarettes I picked them up ran a few other errands and headed back home on the only way to get to the bridge I use.

All of a sudden I see blue lights coming up on my rear and start to pull over thinking wow I?m not only dressed but going to jail for being in an area that?s under curfew on top of it If I got arrested they wouldn?t care if I wasn?t doing anything wrong but end up in jail dressed makeup the works I?d be everyone?s play toy. That?s what was going through my head at the time. The curfew that started at 9:00pm it?s now 11:30 and I?m only about 8 blocks from the bridge to go home. Well then it?s 9 police cars all following each other their only a few hundred feet from me now. Then a car behind me swerves to the left makes an illegal left hand turn running a red light and they all turn chasing him. I?m sweating bullets, starting to shake but they leave me alone and I get on the bridge and I?m home free.

At any rate I?ll be checking the news from now on I never want to go through that feeling again ever. Was it wrong to think the worse to worry like I did or was I just blessed they were looking for someone else? I feel so lucky.
    Be Yourself, Everybody else has been Taken......Oscar Wilde

I go to the beat of a different drummer

Susan Michelle

Wow that would have scared me even if not dressed. Glad you made it out without any real problems.

Sandi

yes, that sounds like a very scary situation regardless of how you were dressed

Quote Originally Posted by Princess29 View Post
    yes, that sounds like a very scary situation regardless of how you were dressed
    Absolutely right

Chuckling to myself reading this thread because my biggest fear when driving around home en femme is that I might hit a deer and damage my van. To put it in perspective our vehicle number 2 is a van with rust along door bottoms that I use for hauling. No seats, full of various size tie downs and me driving down the highway en femme. What could possibly go wrong?

I rarely get to make those drives down the highway, only do that when wife is gone over nights as I am dadt. I can only imagine my wife's reaction if she got a call about that while she's out of town.

Location can put a funny twist on a simple thing like a short drive. Regardless of location there are dangers, they're just different for each of us.

Platinum Member
    I only think it is natural to be concerned about the unknown. Yes, being en femme is not illegal. But, sometimes one thing leads to another. When my wife is away over night is the time when I have the opportunity to go out for a drive and a stroll en femme. What can happen? Just about everything, but I can only do my best to anticipate the unexpected. I always make sure my vehicle has a full tank of gas. I always check all my running lights and turn signals. Over the years I have been stopped twice for a non functioning rear brake light. No big deal in itself other than the anticipation of a less than professional police encounter. I've always stressed on other threads to be aware of the laws of a state. Sometimes driving without insurance is a criminal violation and a trip to jail. In my state the police will cite you and you just pay a fine. What happens if you're fully en femme and you're told to "park it" and call for a ride? I also make sure I do not travel of freeways. What happens if I hit a piece of road debris and get a flat tire? Sometimes it is a long distance to the next exit. I always take city streets to my customary area where I leisurely stroll. If I have a breakdown I am at least on a city street where I can change into male clothes before effecting repairs. I only where dresses and heels. Not the best attire for changing a tire. This is not a panic mode. It is just planning for the possible negative experience.

There's plenty of things that can go wrong that I have no control over. Chances are low that I will stroke out. But, what will happen if I am fully en femme and I stroke out while taking a drive or my stroll? Off to the hospital. At home? Wife comes home to find hubby stone dead fully en femme? One can only plan just so much before it becomes debilitating.

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    Glad that it worked out OK for you Susan Michelle. Unfortunately, one needs to keep up with current news. Inadvertently driving too close to a protest turned riot would certainly ramp up the stress level beyond that from fear of being caught dressed.

I'm not a lawyer, but I think crossing state lines with a quantity of cigarettes is a Federal crime. By buying them in Kentucky, which has lower cigarette taxes than Indiana, you have committed that crime.

I lot of people from Massachusetts cross the state line into New Hampshire, to buy liquor at the conveniently located liquor liquor store just over the border. Massachusetts State Police watch those cars with Mass. plates buying liquor and radio ahead to the State Police just over the Mass border. If you are caught with liquor taxed in New Hampshire, they confiscate your liquor and write up a citation.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

No and no.

Federal rules are for a lot more than 3 cartons of cigarettes.

And the New Hampshire thing is a law (and has been since 1933), but it's not enforced.

Once again, crossdressing IS NOT a crime. Getting stopped might be an embarrassment, but as long as you aren't doing something illegal (like driving under the influence), there shouldn't be an issue.

I?m glad everything worked out. I know what you mean about having to take news breaks. And it always seems that is when the stuff that affects me happens. I would have needed up on the internet for an hour trying to figure out what was going on. That would have Gergen me back into the news like you and starting the cycle all over again. Maybe that?s why so many get their news from late night talk shows and the Daily Show

Platinum Member
    Hi Susam, That will make a believer out of you. ?Orchid .oOOo.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    When we had the curfew her in ny, it wasn't heavily enforced. Mostly for loitering. If you were on your way somewhere (presumably home) they really didn't care.