Thread: TSA inspection with sports bra on

TSA inspection with sports bra on

Several years of MTF HRT and I am bulging noticeably at the boobs. My wife mentioned it while dancing at a wedding, so I reined the girls in with a sports bra and forgot about going through TSA to board a plane in Asheville. As I went through the body scan, the TSA agent whispered something to the second agent and I was inspected more thoroughly by a male agent. He found the front of my sports bra and then lifted my collar to see my bra. I figured that I just needed to own it so I said, ? I?m TG?. He nodded and motioned for me to go on. Absolutely no problem!

Great story guess we just have to get our heads in line to situation?s that come up from time to time. I?m not on hrt or anything like that but have started growing breasts about 10 years ago and natural. I?m a 38C right now and have to wear a bra to keep the girls in check it really doesn?t matter anymore actually feels better not bouncing around. I do know 15 years ago I was tested and my testosterone is low so that most likely has a lot to do with it. Glad it worked out well for you especially with all the restrictions in tsa.

Banned Read only
    Meh... One time flying to Vegas otherwise in male mode, I had the clasp of my bra set off the scanner and was pulled aside for a pat down.

TSA agent: "We had an alarm on your back"
    Me eyerolls...
    TSA Agent: Runs his hands across my back, concentrates on the bra for a bit.
    TSA Agent: "I can feel something going across your back".
    Me: I turn around, looked him strait in the eye and say "I am wearing a bra.".
    TSA Agent: "Okay, Have a nice day."

And that was that.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 10-24-2020 at 09:34 PM.

I didn't wear my bra or breast forms going through TSA, but I did carry them in the bag I brought through check in.

I had thoroughly studied the rules and I knew that I was doing it legally. I just wanted to not be embarrassed in front of a few dozen people. When I saw my bag going back and forth through the X-ray machine, I knew that my forms have been spotted.

TSA: Is this your bag?

Me: Yes, and I think you spotted my breast forms.

TSA: Well, I still have to inspect them. Do you want a private inspection?

I knew that I was permitted a private inspection, but I thought I would have to ask for it, or demand it or ask to speak to his supervisor.

We went to a private room, he rummaged through my suitcase to find the forms and inspected them, very professionally. No problem at all. He even gave me a few extra minutes to put my suitcase back together in the private room so I wouldn't have to do it in public.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Silver Member
    Well done! The truly best part was where you just owned it and told the officer the truth. He then rewarded you by making No Big Deal of it. Isnt that the way it should be for everyone?

I traveled a lot before Covid through many airports in the US and in Europe Although I do not wear any forms or a bra, I do get singled out for a pat-down quite often. The TSA agents will ask if I want a private pat-down and if I prefer a man or woman doing the pat down. I don't need the privacy and always prefer the ladies. Some airports allow you to keep your shoes on, while some others make you remove your shoes. I am always asked to remove my pumps regardless even if others are allowed to wear their shoes thru screening. Most of the times I get handed a pair of socks or booties to wear so that I'm not to ruin my hose.
    I was told I have balls for wearing skirts! My reply? "That's because balls this big won't fit in pants!"

Since I underdress on a daily basis I've gone through the TSA body scanner lots of times with my slip and panties, sometimes hose. Most of my slips have a soft lace shoulder strap so they don't trigger the metal detector. On a couple of occasions I have gotten a funny look from the TSA agent but I've never been held up or had anyone say anything. It probably adds a bit of interest to an otherwise mind numbingly tedious job.

Aspiring Member
    This is before Covid. I went through security and then put on my underware - bra, pantyhose, etc. Then the flight was cancelled and we had to go back - out of security to search for options. I was eventually booked on another flight and had to go through security - forgetting that I was still under dressed. Decided to Own it. Security said " I have to check you left breast". He touched my bra and said have a nice day. I don't recall if I told him that I had a bra on. I breathed a sigh of relief.

I traveled this past spring to california, going thru TSA they ask, I just politely said it was my bra end of conversation. I dont pad my bra what i got is what i got until i get implants so I dont project more than a-b cup.

I’ve been patted down by TSA several times wearing a bra under my male clothing, and several times wearing pantyhose. I don’t ever explain.

Cool
    Angie

Slightly off topic, but related:
    Many years ago I was arriving in Australia and was chosen for luggage inspection in customs. The female officer went through my suitcase and pulled out my 4" beige pumps. She looked at them for a little while then leaned forward towards me and whispered: "These are beautiful! Where did you buy them?".
    I told her, she repacked my suitcase for me, gave me a smile and sent me on my way :-)

I always check my bag of women?s clothing in a separate suitcase when flying and the breast forms always trigger TSA to look inside. That suitcase always gets a slip of paper saying it was inspected. My male clothing suitcase is rarely opened. Funny thing, I discussed it with a female TSA agent one time when I was the only person dropping a bag off. She said, oh yea we do not care about any of that stuff. Just doing our jobs looking for contraband.

I did get a chest pat down one time because it was hot and I was sweating there. Apparently the sweat triggered an alert.

Sandi
    Last edited by Sandi Beech; 09-29-2020 at 07:14 PM.

Expect to get inspected wearing or carrying breast forms on. The kinda look like C4 (explosives).
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sometimes Steffi View Post
    The kinda look like C4 (explosives).
    No ... no, they really dont. They look like a gel or maybe a liquid, which might be an explosive, but they do not look anything like C4.

Pre-TSA in the 90s I set off a metal detector while wearing a bra in an airport and had a manual screening. They kept asking why I was wearing a bra. It was embarassing.

Aspiring Member
    On my last trip in November, the TSA agent pressed Female on the Body Scanner, because I guess I passed enough. The alarm went off, which wasn't unexpected because of what I have in my pants. I was more surprised that I passed. I don?t wear makeup but almost 3 years of HRT didn't go unnoticed. I was in a good mood and female TSA agent was about to do a pat down until I said something like OK, no problem. That was before I started with voice feminization. She got super surprised and asked me if she pressed the wrong button. Before I answered anything, they asked me to go through again and pressed the Male button. No alarms. She was relieved. As I left, I told her that the first button she pressed was the right one. I smiled and off I went.
    This year, to avoid any of that nonsense again, I registered with TSA Pre to avoid body scanners altogether. $85 for 5 years. I think totally worth it, considering you also don't have to take off shoes, liquids, etc. Actually, it was even free with United credit card.
    Last edited by Katya@; 10-24-2020 at 08:00 PM.

I had to go to the court house to file some papers and the wand caught the underwire and the clasp in my bra. Without missing a beat, the Sherriff's deputy looked at me and said, "back brace?" I smiled and nodded and she waved me on. So many examples of people just not caring...
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    I've gone through the scanner with similar results. Questioned it but let me go. I had my can of holsters medical adhesive in my carry on. It's legal, I checked. No one questioned an aerosol can of flammable liquid. Not very encouraging.

I don't know what changed, but the last few times we flew we got the express check in, no standing in line, no body scan, no body search, they did scan our carry on. It was strange the first time it happened, leave our shoes on, metal belt buckles, no problem, just scan our carry on and go. Getting through TSA a non-event. Some how we got on the "approved list" or whatever it is. I like it, but no clue how it happened. I have a couple friends in "high places" and asked them if they had anything to do with it, but they said no, but I wonder. If we didn't have a carry on we would walk right through with just an ID and boarding pass check.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Genifer Teal View Post
    I've gone through the scanner with similar results. Questioned it but let me go. I had my can of holsters medical adhesive in my carry on. It's legal, I checked. No one questioned an aerosol can of flammable liquid. Not very encouraging.
    Why they call it "security theater".

Reality Check
    There was a cartoon going around the Internet a while back where this "hot" looking woman was going through the X-ray machine and the agents were seeing a penis and testicles on the screen.
    Krisi

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Katya@ View Post
    This year, to avoid any of that nonsense again, I registered with TSA Pre to avoid body scanners altogether. $85 for 5 years. I think totally worth it, considering you also don't have to take off shoes, liquids, etc. Actually, it was even free with United credit card.
    You are in for a rude awakening. Fortunately for you, it was free. TSA Pre is a rip-off even at that price.

I paid for TSA Pre three years ago after I got repeatedly sexually assaulted at DCA when going through the security theatre as a sixty something guy presenting in drab. This is not just incidental contact and I am too skittish. No, it is being dragged into a filthy janitor closet by a uniformed TSA goon and repeatedly sexually assaulted. When I lodged a formal written complaint, I was told to get used to it. It is how we do business at DCA.

The next two trips after paying my $85, I got Pre. Since then, I get Pre only as randomly often as I had got it before I paid my money. I asked a TSA supervisor, who confirmed that the advertising is a lie. Nobody, he said, is guaranteed to ?avoid all that nonsense again?. That is just political damage control. BTW, the sexual abusers at DEN became so bad a few years ago that the TSA bosses, to reduce the political heat, arrested a few and sent them to prison. Good luck, my friend.
    Last edited by abby054; 11-02-2020 at 05:40 AM.

I moved recently and needed to find another doctor. On my first appointment, presenting in drab but with a Bali 1-piece soft bra on, the good doctor requested an EKG! The nurse came in, told me to lie down and said she could work around my knit shirt. I said, I have a bra on, do I need to take it off?” Without missing a beat, she said, “Yes, please.” No issues at all.