Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My dad saw.....

I NEVER go bare-legged! Kimberly A.'s Avatar

My dad saw.....

Hey y'all!

Well first of all, today is my birthday, I'm 37! WOO HOO!! LOL Anyway, my dad came over just little bit ago to wish me happy birthday and hand me a birthday card and Walmart gift card..... Although I wasn't really expecting him to come over, I was still in full "male mode", but my dad saw my pierced ears, (I still have the starter studs in, because it's only been a little over 3 weeks since I got my ears pierced) and he goes, "Wth?!" Then of course, in his judgmental mind, he assumed that I turned gay, which is NOT true..... Smh. But please don't get me wrong, I'm not saying at all that there's anything wrong with people who are gay, I'm just not. My dad is VERY judgmental and bigoted and I'm glad I'm not that way. He knows I'm not gay, but he'll still assume that, for some reason. He would really think that I am if he knew that I'm a CD'er and that's why I have to keep it hidden from family

Just thought I would share this with y'all.
    My YouTube channel: Kimberly A.

My dad did a little dressing so i think it would not have bothered him knowing.
    Angie

Platinum Member
    I think there has been progress in this country towards acceptance of sexual identity and sexual orientation, but, not as much as people think. I have seen a lot of "political correctness." When people mingling among like minded individuals that is when their truth feelings are displayed.

I am a child of the 1960's. Back then it was assumed any man who wore women's clothing was a homosexual. Homosexuality was not accepted. My parents were homophobic. I know they suspected I wore my mother's clothing and tried to catch me in the act. If I had been caught I am fairly sure I would have been thrown out of the house. I graduated high school when I was still seventeen. Early military service would have been in my future.

Kimberly, what do you think your dad's reaction would be if he found out you are a cross dresser?

Stephanie, I was born 37 years ago today, in 1983, my parents are in their 60s and of course, they were raised like you were..... To be homophobic and not accepting of anything even remotely homosexual, such as men wearing women's clothes and vice-versa and that's what is drilled into my dad's mind. But if my dad brings up my ears being pierced again, I'll ask him, "Are you not a fan of classic rock, more specifically Aerosmith? And even Steven Tyler has earrings and he's not gay". LOL

But to answer your question..... If my dad found out that I'm a crossdresser, he would for sure call me the "Q" or "F" word, (I hope you know what I mean, I will not type those words here) and he would probably never speak to me again.

As a father myself if any of my children wanted to share that type information with me, I feel my mindset would be, to assure them it it an honor they shared that with me. Most importantly I would want them to know it changes nothing and my love is just as strong as ever for them.

Kim, put the ball back in Dad's corner. Next time it he has a snarky remark about your ears, ask him does that mean you don't love me any more ? That might adjust his thinking ... who knows ?

Happy birthday Kimberly!

Silver Member
    Happy Birthday, Kimberly!! I can only wish you the best!

You Can Call Me Christy G
    Happy birthday from another Libran. The board needs every Libran it can get... we're BALANCED...
    We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time...
    T.S. Eliot Four Quartets

I guess he would have seen sooner or later, Kim.

Happy birthday

My mother, brothers, and sisters knew I liked to dress up but I don't know if my farther ever knew.

My mother said it was just a phase! Little dose she know the phase hasn't ended.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Happy Birthday Kimberly ,, you share one with ....me !! Yes thats right lol .. Except I debuted in 1962 ..
    I had my first child in 1983 though . Time sure does fly , That son and the ones born in 86 , 87 ad 93 all have pierced ears . They are no where NEAR gay and dont dress as far as I know . I wont even go out with anyone that does not at least have one pierced ear so ... you're cool .

Have a great birthday !
    Last edited by Dutchess; 09-29-2020 at 06:58 PM.
    IG : Knightress Oxide

Happy birthday

Happy Birthday Kimberly, hope you get something nice, maybe a lace bra. Mine is Sunday, there must be something strange with the month of October. I have both ears pierced and I am sure some friends wonder what's up, but I do notice other guys here and there with both ears pierced. I really do love the feel of dangling earrings. I doubt my dad would have been too keen on it, but he was really old school. Anyway that's my $.02
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

If I read this correctly we should be saying Happy Birthday to both Kimberly and Dutchess.
    Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday Kimberly
    Kimberly you over think things .....pierced ears are common on guys ....you worry too much .
    Hope you had a great bday

Dutchess Happy Birthday!
    Hope is was grand
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Happy Birthday, Kimberly. Oh to be 37 again.

Happy Birthday Kimberly 🎂🍻👄🙋*♀️

Happy birthday

First time my dad saw my ears pierced he did say something.. I told my parents that if my two boys got their left ears done I’d do both mine.. so I did. Plus I wanted to wear big hoops without them being clip ons
    i am what I am, I do what I do..
    i do not seek approval from others.

I wonder how many non-gay Cders might be feel better just lying to a person like dear old dad and say that he was gay. It would allow people to pigeonhole the person to something understandable and be done with it. Or maybe it would be easier to just accept that some of us don’t really give a ... if it is called gay, bi, cd or something else.

I saw a documentary produced by an English company that examined the men fighting in the two world wars who had sexual encounters with men. The gist of it was to examine the lengths gay men had to go to live in Britain during the Oscar Wilde period and afterwards. The conclusion was that men had no trouble with being with a man, sometimes for money and sometimes just because. Moreover, a conclusion was this psychological identification of gay, straight and possibly something else is not necessarily the way to look at life. History of all cultures shows otherwise, for sure.

“Life is a banquet and most poor beggars are starving.” Auntie Mame
    Last edited by Robbin_Sinclair; 09-30-2020 at 06:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lynn3 View Post
    Kim, put the ball back in Dad's corner. Next time it he has a snarky remark about your ears, ask him does that mean you don't love me any more ? That might adjust his thinking ... who knows ?
    I totally understand that, Amy..... Yeah, I might try saying that to him the next time he says something about my ears. Or, I can say that Steven Tyler has earrings and wears makeup on stage, but he's not gay. LOL
    I just Google'd "rock stars with earrings" and guess whose pic was one of the first to pop up? Steven Tyler's pics. LOL Well, my dad is a fan of classic rock as well as Aerosmith. LOL

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Thank you all SO much for the birthday wishes, it means a lot! This really is a great group of people we have here!

Thank you, Visitor for the birthday wishes but I don't follow my Zodiac sign or horoscope at all..... I could really care less about that. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Judy-Somthing View Post
    My mother said it was just a phase! Little dose she know the phase hasn't ended.
    LOL Cool, Judy!

That's cool, Dutchess and thank you!

Thank you, Shely. I totally understand that, my dad doesn't seem too keen on me having my ears pierced but oh well, it's not his ears. LOL
    Also, I needed a new wallet for male mode, so I bought a wallet with my gift card..... I still have some money left on it, but I don't know what else I'll buy with it. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Di View Post
    Happy Birthday Kimberly
    Kimberly you over think things .....pierced ears are common on guys ....you worry too much .
    Thank you, Di. Yes, I suppose you're right about that. LOL

That's very cool, Rachel.

I totally agree, Robbin and that's very interesting.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Happy BDay, Kim! You're older than my daughter. But, just barely!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Thank you, Doc! Oh, that's cool.

Banned Read only
    I will normally let things pass as I type on a phone and make a million errors, but it's "Couldn't care less" btw, and not could care less. The latter implies you do care. The former is that you don't, and it's the last thing in the world you'd care about

Back to topic though, I would love to get my ears done. I wanted it when I was about 13/14 but I couldn't get up the courage to ask my parents. It would seem a bit odd to do it now.

Silver Member
    You're thirty seven years old. You've been an adult for sixteen years. Beyond saying a few nasty things, what can the bigoted SOB do to you? Ok, ive been liberated from my bigoted SOB for over 40 years, it might not be so easy for you. But I think you're not answerable to him or anyone else.