Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My dad saw.....

I can see it now. "Dad, I'm a crossdresser." Dad responds "Thank God. I thought you were gay!"

Silver Member
    First, don't take the studs out. I had mine done 6 months ago, took one out and then it closed up almost immediately. So now I am stuck with one earring for now.

Personally, I don't like questions. I usually put my hair down to hide them from family members. I know my father would give me grief about it (he don't see each other much anymore and we don't like each other much anyway.) Yes other men have earrings, but they are usually either young, old and did it decades ago and people are used to it, or they are rock stars. Might seem odd for a middle aged man to have it suddenly done.

Quote Originally Posted by Angie G View Post
    My dad did a little dressing so i think it would not have bothered him knowing.
    Angie
    I found my dad?s stash once. I was about 12. He made some lame excuse, but even then I knew it was a lie. And then a couple of weeks later I got caught with my mother?s slip ... (Nothing was ever said about it.)

Strangely, I was prepared for my Dad to see that I had pierced my ears but couldn't face my Mum. I waited until she had passed away before taking this much, longed-for step. Back in the wild 80s I had my hair permed a few times. Mum ascribed this "behaviour" to a temporary mental breakdown. I'm pretty sure that neither of them knew that I was a CD before they passed but definitely thought I was a little odd.

Happy Birthday Kimberly! Only 37 huh? You lucky girl you, so much time left to explore and discover. I wish you joy and love on your journey.
    Be the best you, be the true you.
    That said, I love faceapp so much I change my avatar daily

https://giphy.com/gifs/l0MYEWpv7Ue0RFVaE/html5

Funny now, but my forty-something son asked to get his ears pierced at sixteen because a girlfriend liked the idea. I didn't dress back then and really had no opinion on the matter. But, my wife was very much against the idea of a man having his ears pierced.

Since he was not yet an adult, and in deference to my wife, my joking response was "Fine, as long as I get to pierce them." I then explained that he could do what he wanted when he turned 18 and only had a year and a half to go. He did get one or both pierced, I don't remember, right after his eighteenth birthday and wore it/them for a short while before letting the holes close off and never looked back.

I haven't really considered having my ears pierced and I'd guess my wife would still be against it. I'm kinda ambivalent about the idea so it's not worth the hassle to fight for something I really am not sure about. I think everyone I know would notice at first and then just let it go. Since my hair is down to my shoulder blades, it wouldn't be much of a step for most people to adjust. Who knows.

I was thirty-nine years old, with teenagers of my own, when my father passed in 1995. I went through the disapproval of my hair after I graduated high school in 1974. I got married that year and let it grow down to the middle of my back and my dad adjusted. That was the hippie days of the seventies and not a 'feminine' thing to do at all. I never really considered whether he'd like it or not. He didn't. But, he didn't pay my bills and I was always independent. That was at eighteen. In my thirties, my dad and I had a good relationship and he never really questioned much of anything I did. We had a mutual respect for each other.

I'd say that as long as you are respectful of your father in everything else, getting your ears pierced is a non-issue. In fact, I can see that he may eventually respect your more if you maintain your own standards rather than worrying about his opinion.

I don't know what my opinion is worth, but that's pretty much it... Best of everything to you.

ps... You could always use the Morgan Freeman excuse...

Freeman also answers a question he gets asked all the time: what’s the story behind the two gold hoop earrings he wears? The actor writes: “The truth is, these are worth just enough for someone to buy me a coffin if I die in a strange place. That’s why sailors used to wear them and that’s why I do.” (https://2paragraphs.com/2019/05/morg...hoop-earrings/)
    Last edited by Bea_; 11-28-2020 at 08:11 PM.

If my late father had found out, it wouldnot have been nice after it! If my bigoted brothers or my sister found out now, it would be hell for me, too. I thinkmy brother thinks i may be gay for decades, because i am quiet and gentle mostly,and i have never had a girlfriend , in his thinking, but i have had many dates, when i lived 2000 miles from here, but no dates here in this small town midwest, the bachelors graveyard, i have had no dating life. If he found out I cd, i could never be around him ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlotteCD View Post
    I Back to topic though, I would love to get my ears done. I wanted it when I was about 13/14 but I couldn't get up the courage to ask my parents. It would seem a bit odd to do it now.
    The only time I really want my ears pierced is after a long day wearing painful clip-ons. But, I have the excuse all ready, "I'm having a )late) mid-life crisis."

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Happy BDay, Kim! You're older than my daughter. But, just barely!
    My daughter is actually older than than both your daughters, but just by a hair. She's actually a Halloween baby.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Happy Birthday!

Silver Member
    You're 37. You're an adult and at a distinct advantage if your dad wants to physically assault you. What do you have to worry about? You can, at any time, respond to his hate rhetoric by saying something like, "You need to stop, and if you don't, you're not welcome in my home any more. Respect for me is my price for continuing this relationship."

Blood relative or not, some people are negatives in your life and you are better off without them. My father was verbally and emotionally abusive to me, so I left over 40 years ago, and that's without my crossdressing having been revealed. If he knew about that, our relationship would be even worse, if you can even imagine how it goes below zero. But when I did live with him, he believed that his children owed him for raising them, because he owed his father although he resented him. He has been lied to, and I'm breaking that cycle. If your father is toxic to you, he doesn't deserve to be in your life.