Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it a stress reliever?

Yes - and no.

Back when I was still going out, it was thrilling, amazing, - and terrifying. I would stress myself out about slipping up and being "clocked". I had a hard time relaxing and "going with the flow", but when I could - HEAVEN!

Nowadays, I spend plenty of time AT HOME in nighties (on the OK list), and my wife will even suggest at the end of the day: "Why don't you go get comfortable?" Even she sees that I'm more at ease in something feminine.

Might be a stress reliever or it might not, I just know that i Definately enjoy and feel so much better about life in general when I am dressed.

Yes, it is relaxing for me as well.

Lacy PJs

Yes, changing who I am always relieves the stress. For me Jenny is almost like a separate persona, she doesn't work, she doesn't pay bills, she just gets to lounge around looking all pretty. Applying make-up is almost like meditative. You sit still and take your time slowly, applying one layer than the next. Seeing each layer turning a page to this. It is the same thing as reading a book or watching a movie it is a process that fully absorbs my attention and leaves me feeling refreshed and renewed.

For sure. After a tense day or long day, slipping on a pair of hose almost takes my breath away...ahhhhh. I find most of what I wear has an instant relaxation and calming effect on me whether there?s tension. I simply enjoy wearing female clothes. They?re so much more comfortable.

It's a 'stress reliever' in that it removes the stress caused by our subconscious mind repressing the crossdressing feelings. When our minds are busy doing so many other things, the desire to crossdress isn't able to be held back anymore in our subconscious, so we feel stressed; crossdressing gets rid of at least THAT cause of stress.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Yes, absolutely. It also softens my clinical depression a bit. I really need to do it more often.

Mixed feelings here with this question. For many of the reasons outlined by others here, I'd say sure I dress because it feels good and it takes my mind off other things.

I also tend to sleep better as "Karen" than I do otherwise. I think with worries about turning onto my chest in my sleep and having an acid reflux attack, wearing a bra with some falsies prevents this and thus I have less anxiety in falling asleep quickly.

There is some level of fear however as long as my adult son continues to live with me. Sure I only dress when he's gone, but I get a little paranoid when the wind blows my storm door open that he is coming home early from work and might catch me.

Aspiring Member
    It's part of foreplay. So ultimately, if things go well, yes it is a stress reliever or at least leads to stress relief

Silver Member
    Hell yes, no matter how stressed I am, I can dress up pretty and feel calm and at peace with myself, it works like a dream

I also dress when I am not stressed, it is not just a stress buster, to be fair, my life is a lot less stressful nowadays than it used to be, which means now I can just enjoy dressing for the sake of dressing and I really like that

I feel very relaxed when I get into a nightgown.

Yes it is , it completely changes attitude for the better .

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Yes, it is (for me)!
    That and working-out.

Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    ABSOLUTELY I stated as much in my last photo set i posted. After months of COVID Lockdown it was so much fun!

I agree totally it's a stress reliever if I'm feeling very anxious and depressed I look to Denise for help
    She rarely lets me down and makes me feel so much better about myself...

For sure it is. And I know why too. for me its a form of stimming.

For me it is very much a stress reliever. When I in girl mode my world is at peace.
    Angie

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I sorta have to have everything else fairly under control before I indulge Carla.
    If I'm dealing with large stress, the only relief is to solve the issue.
    Carla's more like a mini-vacation for an hour or two that has to be earned after all the dragons are dead.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!