Thread: Coping With Being A CD and Having OCD

Coping With Being A CD and Having OCD

I gotta say that these two things together have made one hell of an interesting ride. I have learned to temper my shopping by arranging funds so that I only get a certain allowance for shopping otherwise i'd just spend my whole check. OCD does not bother me with most things but it can be a problem with this part of my life. With that said I have decided that OCD Obsessive-compulsive disorder does not fit for me so I renamed it to something more appropriate, "OCD - Obsessive Cross Dresser". It is difficult sometimes when the CD allowance is empty and along comes a beautiful dress or stunning pair of heels.

It is one hell of a fun ride though and I have a lifetime ticket to ride.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Loved your post and your attitude, Suzy!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Platinum Member
    I believe I have some OCD tendencies, particularly when it comes to cross dressing. At times I still question whether I am transgender or simply obsessed. Its an impossible question to answer satisfactorily.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Banned Read only
    I definitely have some OCD tendencies. Being in hiding just made it worse. I always felt that I should be wearing women's clothing all the time. That would trigger my OCD because I have nothing to wear but male clothes. So I would fall into the trap of constantly buying clothes that I never got a chance to wear, except for short periods.

Coming out and going full-time has really put a stop to the OCD buying. I no longer feel the need to buy buy buy. I only buy things that I would actually wear in public.

Banned Read only
    I have a mild OCD about locking doors and putting my things away. I can often leave for work and turn around, checking the doors, then leave again, only to come back and check the doors. It can cost me 10 minutes on a bad day.

With my clothing, I think that was borne from a fear of being caught (I was very careless when I was younger) and find myself checking a room and doing a sweep on that same pattern of repetition.

It's under control at the moment, which is great, but also terrible as it increases my chances of leaving something out!