Thread: Damn Pavlov anyways!

Damn Pavlov anyways!

Time for a slightly embarrassing and rather silly incident that happened to me a few days ago.

When I got married, one of our agreed upon rules was "Don't let anyone else see you that way", so there have been incidents of run-and-hide.

It has apparently reached a reflex stage.

I was sitting on the couch, watching TV, when I saw through the window that someone was coming to the front door.
    Before I even had time to think, I was up, across the room, and out of sight in the bedroom hallway.
    ONLY THEN, did I stop and say "What the hell are you doing?" to myself.
    I mean - seriously - I acted out of some conditioned reflex, not anything thought out at all.
    <sheesh!>
    I'd like to blame it on my being dressed only in a nightie, and not "decent", but I really don't think so.

Anyone else got stories like that? or am I solo?

On the flip side, I went to the doctors a couple days ago, underdressed in panties, thinking I wouldn't need to "drop 'em" for a rash on my arms.
    Turns out, I needed a shot in the butt.
    No problem. I did what I needed to do, and nothing was said by either of us.
    I honestly only had to pull down enough to expose a cheek, and I'm not sure the Dr. even noticed.
    The thing is that I didn't really care.

SO I guess I'm not a total loss.

I am pretty sure your Dr noticed but did not care.
    Once I was at the Dr, I always wear black or dark blue panties just in case but this day he asked me to take my shoes and socks off. I was thinking, really? I took them off and there were my very pretty pink toes. The Doc did not miss a beat but his female assistant had a smile on her face. Such is life.
    Crissy

Ah! a cheeky story! (well someone had to say it ! :-) )....

Banned Read only
    I was like that when I was young, I knew when someone was turning into our driveway by the sound of the tires on the gravel.

That's all I needed to hear and I was running to take off my mothers clothes.

I never once got caught dressed.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 10-03-2020 at 01:30 PM.

Platinum Member
    I know the instinct. I really did not overcome the quick change urge until I decided to be open and out in my neighborhood. That most recently happened just after I moved into my new home. I?d previously told a neighbor I was going to be giving away a number of steel shelving units that the previous owner had left behind. I was in male mode at the time. Late afternoon, the next day, I was fully made up and wearing a really cute blue dress when I heard the doorbell. When I reinterred the house I could see my neighbor peering through the window in the front door. At that moment, I decided its my home and I invited him and his adult daughter in. It proved to be a non-event.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

That brings back many memories of when I would sit in my apartment with all the blinds and curtains pulled tight, even on a sunny day, so no one would see me dressed. If there was a knock on the door I would run and hide in the other room and if need be I'd change and answer the door. The thought of being seen dressed was frightful. But that was a lonnngggg time ago, now I have to check my make-up and hair before I answer the door. (WOOF) I don't remember drooling though.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Lol, I get this.
    There are times I am home alone at my apartment complex and somebody will talk out in the hallway going into the room next to mine or across the hall and I am skittering to the bathroom just in case they open the wrong door or something. Or I'll lock it just in case a burglar decides to try and break in or something. There's even once or twice I literally jumped at my own shadow.

you mentioned you doctor appointment...similar incident...I stopped at the local chain store pharmacy for my flu shot, after the insurance and personal info I went into the small room they have set up for the pharmacist to give the shot. I pulled sweater arm up as far as I could and she said she needed to go higher on my arm. She said to just pull my arm out and that will work, I wasn't expecting this so when I did it exposed the bra strap and band around my chest.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I've read so many stories like this. But, I still don't understand them!

I'm a closet dresser and I've been dressing at home for over 20 years. When I dress I don't answer the phone or the door. Why is this so difficult for many of u?

Unless you're actually hoping to get caught?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Platinum Member
    When I had the opportunity to be dressed with some frequency I always had the drapes on the front window closed. That had been our custom anyway because of the intense sunlight in the morning. If the doorbell rang I'd ignore it. The neighbors knew if my car was on the driveway I was at home. My excuses were taking a shower or working in the secluded back yard. Nobody is under a compulsion to answer the front door. My kids do have keys to our home. I always had the outer storm door locked.

You Can Call Me Christy G
    This reminds me how much the fear of being caught adds excitement to behavior. It is a funny thing to think about. If we were completely free none of these conversations would happen because it would never be an issue. But crossdressing inherently confronts the reality that very few people in the world celebrate this behavior. A doctor has seen it all, so I would expect little more than a raised eyebrow and likely not even that. Most of us do our dressing in privacy so we don't have to contend with those judgments but the risk of being caught is always there. Those of us who venture out are very careful to not be seen by people who know us. Walking a darkened street late a night? Okay, we're out but we're still hiding and there can be a charge in that.

Forgive my idle musings. I went food shopping this morning wearing a brassiere beneath a couple layer of clothes and ran into a neighbor. We had a lovely conversation and she seemed none the wiser about my condition. I was a bit cautious, keeping my shirt from opening too wide so my breasts wouldn't be revealed. It was fine... and a bit exciting.
    We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time...
    T.S. Eliot Four Quartets

Hmm, Getting caught at the doctors. I've never, well maybe once or twice.

First time: I was growing out my finger nails so I could have them painted for Keystone. As I'm paying, receptionist (GG) says most girls would kill for nails like that.

Second time. Doctor says, "Could you take off your shoes and socks for me, please." Oops. Caught wearing toenail polish.

Third time: Went for a routine physical with GG doctor and GG assistant. They couldn't have missed my painted nails, but said nothing about it.

Fourth time: At PT. The GG therapist told me to take of my shoes and socks in front of everyone in the exercise room. I had to pick up marbles with my toes and drop them in a bowl. I was exposed for a long time

Fifth time: At the dermatologists for a full body checkup. I knew I would have to strip down to my skivvies. But, I forgot about the appointment appointment and had no interest in removing a perfectly good pedicure. I got nice comments from the GG doctor and GG assistant. Someone even wrote it on my chart. True story.

Sixth time. I went to the ER with my wife with pain running down my arm. No big deal, right? Too young to have a heart attack, right. My triptonan was elevated; that earned me a trip to the cardiac unit. The schedule d me for a heart cath. When my wife went away, I came clean to the nurse and had he get me "hospital socks" to put on before my wife came back. BTW, the heart cath showed that my arteries were like someone 10 years younger.

I guess I'm a serial offender.

This doesn't count the times that I outed myself, like when the GG doc thought I was depressed. I told her I hadn't been able to dress in months.

And I survived all of these close encounters.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I’m a really curious why anyone would think a medical professional would dare to mention underwear. Unless they want to end up before the medical board for harassment. Nurses, doctors, physiotherapists - they switch that part of the brain off when working.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I'm a closet dresser and I've been dressing at home for over 20 years. When I dress I don't answer the phone or the door. Why is this so difficult for many of u?
    Ah, but that's the thing, Doc! I wasn't going to answer the door. I knew that I was getting a package dropped on the doorstep that day and I could go out and get at my convenience.
    It just surprised me how I reacted. No, "OMG, I'll get caught", no "OH no! I'm not decent", No nothing! It was as reflexive as blinking - no thinking involved at all!

I guess over the years of "house rules" it's become a "conditioned reflex"... Hence the "Damn Pavlov" reference.

And no, I wasn't ripping off my clothes, trying to change, or trembling in fear. I just stood there, and asked myself "what the heck was that all about?"

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by AngelaYVR View Post
    I?m a really curious why anyone would think a medical professional would dare to mention underwear. Unless they want to end up before the medical board for harassment. Nurses, doctors, physiotherapists - they switch that part of the brain off when working.
    I've mentioned this before - more as a history lesson these days, but I've had less-than-positive experiences in the past.
    I was underdressed (panties) when I was in a motorcycle wreck.
    The Dr. wouldn't admit me to the hospital (I heard him outside the cubicle saying he wouldn't admit "One of those").
    The X-ray techs (female), pulled my pants open, peeking down inside and gigglingly claimed they were "checking for injuries".
    I was in too much pain to put up any fuss - and just wanted to go home.

But that is why THIS someone would think a medical professional would dare...

I know - times have changed since then (thirty-plus years ago), but experiences like that do leave their scars.

But this is getting away from what I was trying to say... I was trying to show that these days I'm not that worried about being "discovered" - and that it surprises me all the more about my reflexive "duck and cover" action.
    Last edited by SaraLin; 10-02-2020 at 05:55 AM.

Not being 'out', I get to be a fly on the wall at work; and it's not pretty. There are still plenty of people prejudiced against us out there.

I?m a really curious why anyone would think a medical professional would dare to mention underwear.
    Oh, they won't mention it to YOU...... but there will be discussions about you behind closed doors or out of your hearing distance. I spent almost 50 years working in e.r.s, and despite most people there having college or post grad degrees, you'd be surprised at how many still look at us as perverted deviants, and they know which others agree with their opinions. Same with ancillary departments like radiology (xray, ultrasound, catscan, MRI); those technicians aren't any better. The joking about us behind the scenes still goes on in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by SaraLin View Post
    I know - times have changed since then (thirty-plus years ago)
    It hasn't changed as much as you think.

The true danger, is that there are enough 'healthcare professionals' who dislike us so much, that they will do subtle things to delay or change our treatment. Often not enough to be noticed, but picking some other patient to take 'next' instead of 'the pervert' isn't uncommon, and neither is treating us differently because they don't like us, such as whether you get the 'good' pain medicine, or just ibuprofen. After all, it's the doc's decision, a judgment call, so it never gets questioned by anyone else. While you might think you can just go to your own doctor for better pain meds, that's not always an option in the middle of the night or on a weekend or holiday, so us 'perverts' get to have to tough it out, just because some doctor doesn't like us.

No, times haven't changed as much as you think. It's still not a crossdresser friendly world out there.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 10-02-2020 at 06:52 AM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Silver Member
    You are still carrying the baggage, given to you when you were very young, that says wearing female clothing is not just wrong, but the biggest taboo in the patriarchal world. Even though you have made progress in getting rid of it, some of it remains, and you still need to continue to try to purge it from your thinking.

Its not healthy to be fearful about anything you do or wear in your own home.

Banned Read only
    I’m a really curious why anyone would think a medical professional would dare to mention underwear.
    I will tell you my story.... I was in the E.R. for chest pains, long story short I was taken down to "Nuke Med" for some imaging. While I was there I overheard another nurse taking to my nurse about about her patient who wore a cape to their appointment because after their imaging they would be "Radioactive Man". Then my nurse says "Oh that's nothing. See that guy over there... PANTIES!" and they both burst into giggles.

If I wasn't so whacked out on Morphine I would have said something.