Thread: Disappointing but

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Disappointing but

For the last goodness knows how many years it's been my practice to have a weeks "Helen Holiday". Being in the closet to all means getting opportunities to get out dressed are few and far between even in the best of years so I have a week away ostensibly to do some hill walking, something I did early on but as time progressed so did my dressing and confidence and now it's just a week 24/7 enfemme is just a joy.

This year's trip already booked for November however isn't likely to be like the one's in previous years due entirely to the pandemic. It looks like we're heading towards further restrictions and lock downs such that shopping trips aren't going to be as enjoyable as the have been. Eateries will have restrictions in place and the CD support group I visit each year hasn't nor is it likely to meet for most of this year. Hence one of my greatest joys, to meet others of our community is off the cards.

Thankfully the firm I've booked my accommodation through will allow me to re-book without any additional charges so later I'll be putting my hols back to February or March next year and hope that things have improved somewhat.

So another half year before I hopefully get to enjoy some time out and about. Disappointing but it is what it is and I'd rather have a good holiday than a mediocre one.

Anyway, don't feel sorry for me. I'll get my time enfemme just not as soon as I hoped and planned for. I always console myself in knowing my situation, I do get time to dress on a regular basis, is something others would die for so it won't get me down, that's life!
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Aspiring Member
    I know the feeling as I often have a week each year on my own although not dressing in public as I had a beard until recently. Was beginning to consider a week again but as you say the world is too settled to commit. Maybe next year and have two weeks to make up for it!
    Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

That blows.
    Maybe you'll get lucky and receive a holiday outfit for xmas.

Banned Read only
    Doesn't your CD support group do Zoom meetings?

Both my TG support group and the Emerald City Social Club (CD social club) do Zoom meetings and Zoom get togethers every week.

Sure it's not the same as going out but it's better than nothing.

I just remembered some of the CD's from the ECSC were talking about a Zoom "Slumber Party" every Friday and/or Saturday night. From what I hear it's mostly CD's from the United Kingdom.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 10-01-2020 at 07:16 PM.

Hi Hellen,
    If we are talking North Wales there's a lot of lockdowns ether just starting or now in place--today the A55 (a main road )was full of holiday makers dashing home. Two caravans collided........

Hi Liz,
    Yep, it's that area. I usually use trains to go up and down the coast but it's not something I'd look forward to. I like the chance to mingle on public transport, buses as well but the virus certainly takes the edge off things. A trip to Manchester and the Gay village isn't going to be exactly fun filled.

Feb-March is 9 months away so hopefully things will be closer to normal.

Platinum Member
    COVID has destroyed most plans whether it is femme time or just a good time. My wife usually has taken a week long trip to see her cousin out of state. I had seven to ten days of Stephanie time; evening strolls and drives, 24/7 en femme, hanging clothes in the closet, etc. Weekend overnight babysitting is even out as the kids have no place to go. My reunions appear to be out for next year. Who wants to take a chance on multiple airplane changes and attending a function with four hundred plus people?

Hi Helen,
    I am a member of Northern Concord, checking on their web site all functions have been cancelled till Jan 2022.
    Liz