Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going on vacation as a Crossdresser

I was hoping for a vacation trip this year where Kelly would come out at least part of the time but covid have prevented that from happening. Might be as well since that gives me more time to build up the nerve to go out in public.
    /kt

Every 6 months I take a trip from Massachusetts to Michigan. And I was hoping that before my trip in November they would have opened the US/Canada border. But it doesn't look like that will happen. Anyways I was planning on driving out there with all women's clothing on instead of my male clothing. But sadly it doesn't look like that will be happened.

Platinum Member
    The best I have been able to do is a "Staycation" for seven to ten days when my wife was out of town/state. I was able to hang up a good number of dresses and slips on hangers and freely load up my armoire with undies and heels lined up at the foot of the bed. I did got out for evening strolls in a safe residential neighborhood. If my height was chopped down to five foot six I'd do the entire experience of shopping. At six foot with no heels and 200 pounds that is out of my comfort zones.

Just before covid shut down everything my wife and I spent a fun week in New Orleans. I left home as Rachel and returned as Rachel. We did a lot of fun things including an airboat ride in the swamps. Really had to hold onto my wig that day. Restaurants, bars, and anything we wanted to do. No issues or problems at all.

Stephanie, I felt the same way but one suggestion is to go "grey". I have options from blonde to brown but on a lark got a grey wig and have wandered into many stores with no looks at all. I hate to think I'm over the hill but "going grey" has really been fun. Add the mask and some glasses and no one looks twice. I've been to other stores as a blonde and brunette, each time catching someone taking a second look, maybe give it a try.

I'm 5'11", 250 or so and built like a lineman, never thought I could pass at all and I don't think I do, just that no one looks twice at an older woman.

Quite so, NjJaimie. For better or worse, "women of a certain age" start to fade into the background, even those of us who have "longer bones" than most.
    I'm used to it now, and rather enjoy the courtesies which are (usually) offered to those of us who've attained senior status.

CDJaimie2000, as a CD, the big advantage of the destination vacation is that there's nobody there to recognize you, so you can relax and enjoy the experience on a level that might have been tougher at home. Enjoy your trip and by all means, stay safe.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

Silver Member
    Is it even possible to "go on vacation" right now with this covid insanity going on?

Yes, I leave Monday. Besides what is the difference. I have not stopped working, I'm out and about every day.

I'll tell you the difference , I'll be keeping my distance in Vegas with a few of my friends.

I'm sorry but with the rules that is all I can say.

Yes I'll put up pictures.

I want to go to Las Vegas after I sell my house. I will have a little money then and want to hit the photo salons and do a full glamour makeup with different outfits and wigs.