Thread: Totally out of the blue !!

Banned Read only

Totally out of the blue !!

I was just wondering what to have for my lunch when my phone rang , it was my son telling me he was about to pass my home and could he drop in . I'm sure most of you know my story but the last few people who haven't seen me as Teresa are my son and grandsons . He was about twenty minutes away and needed a break and a nice cup of tea , so I reminded him of how I'll appear and did he have a problem with it ? He replied that he hasn't seen me for a while and at some point he knew he would have to meet me as a woman .

OK quick dash round with the vacuum cleaner , checked my makeup out and changed into a blouse and black slim fit jeans with heeled boots and a red cardigan .

I didn't hear him walk in as I was boiling the kettle for our tea , so he was standing next to me when I turned round , he looked me straight in the eye , maybe blushed a little but then just chatted about the alterations I made to my home . I made him some sandwiches and we continued to chat about family , at one point he did ask me if I would go any further with my transition , so I told him possibly not as I will be 70 next year and if anything went wrong who would take care of me , he appreciated my honesty . He's obviously still a little hesitant about his young sons , which I understand , I'm not going to force the issue , all in good time .

It really was a " bolt from the blue " so I told him as he left how much I appreciated his visit , I must admit I didn't feel nervous at all , I feel it might have been a bit of a shock to him but at least we have now met .
    Last edited by char GG; 10-02-2020 at 05:47 PM. Reason: rules

Hoping for continued progress - perhaps his sister is influencing him

I am glad for you that this turned out so well.
    Hugs, Carole

Very good, Teresa! I hope this is a step forward on your journey! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Banned Read only
    Bridget,
    You could be right , he's never been one to miss out so I guess curiosity got the better of him .

It's been tough at times but I'm so glad I've persevered at least I know how he feels now . He did tell me he understands I can't change how I feel but he added I'm still dad to him , that's a whole lot better than having them turn their back on me .

Lana,
    I know you understand having a grown up family of your own .

I forgot to add when he looked me up and down he asked if I'd made a special effort for him , I told him this is normally how I look .
    Last edited by Teresa; 10-02-2020 at 11:14 AM.

Teresa,

I told him this is normally how I look . How's the line go, "Oh these old thing, I just threw these on!".

Time's a healer and you not pushing things has allowed them to come to terms with things in their own good time. I'm sure grandchildren will come all in good time.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Banned Read only
    Helen,
    When he phoned I still had my jeans , striped Tshirt on and a cardigan that was passed down to me when I moved out , I just happened to grab to the items still on the hangar from my supermarket shop the previous day and I must admit I did throw them on as had to do little tidying up and a quick spin with the hoover .

Time thankfully is a healer , I'm just wondering what the next get together will entail although Xmas is possibly going to be slightly odd this year if the lockdown continues as it is .

Silver Member
    That's great, Teresa! Another pothole on your road has been filled.

Platinum Member
    Running around and tidying up and doing a quick change....just like a woman.

Teresa that is wonderful news I'm so happy for you.

Platinum Member
    I am glad you and your son have gotten past this and I hope soon it will become a non-issue.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Aspiring Member
    Hi Teresa
    We both started on this site about the same time and I have read about your progress over the years ? the ups and downs, the acceptance by the art group and others, your new experiences en femme, and so much more. This little episode with your son sums up the great steps you have taken. Terrific.
    And this:
    ?little tidying up and a quick spin with the hoover .?
    Would the ?old? Teresa have done that when your son came round?
    Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

Aspiring Member
    Teresa,
    Great story! Congrats to your son for initiating the visit and putting any reservations aside.
    best wishes!

Glad to know things are.getting smoother for you. Did you know that that quick dash round to tidy up before someone comes is called a ‘scurryfunge’

Banned Read only
    Vikky,
    Perhaps DAD might have persuaded ( or bribed ) son to do it but I'm not sure if he knows how to use a vacuum cleaner !!

Many thanks for all your comments , it was totally unexpected and it's good to see my son make a decision for himself , at least I know more how he feels now .