Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: funny moments

Aspiring Member

funny moments

To start out my wife is good with my dressing, however does not want to see me dressed. The other day i was trying on some of my new purchases, very fun. Later that evening we were brushing our teeth, when my wife reaches up on may back and pulled off a sales tag from torrid. I am glad she doesn't mind. We both had a good chuckle.
    Friday I have purchased a couple of new dresses. I slipped on a beautiful black dress with a peacockesque print. I went to pull it off- can't get to the zipper, it will not pull over my head. My wife is of in 45 minutes. I call my sister to see if she had any pointers, on a conference call. The only friend who really knows about Sara is at work and a half hour away. I don't want to cut my way out. I tried pliers and wires still can't get the zipper down, I fought for 30 minutes before I could contort my way out. I really did not want to have my wife find my that way, fortunately not harm to the dress or me. But damn did it look great on me.
    Sara

I can still manage to catch the zipper anywhere in my back, but when I age and can't anymore, I suppose a small piece of thick sewing thread tied to the eye of the zipper will do it.

Banned Read only
    I've got a bit of a rule that if I know my wife will return home at x time then I have to remove any zipped dress with at least 30 minutes to spare in order to avoid any situation.

Making things more complex, I have double jointed shoulders that can pop out of their socket when heavily stressed in odd directions, and I did once pop it out and back in again when trying to get one of my sister's dresses off. I managed to get it off in time and played off the pain as a tennis injury...

Platinum Member
    I hope your wife didn?t mind helping you out of that dress.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Haha, I have taken to removing a few things with the scissors myself when having to undress really fast. At least I have not cut up anything expensive.

Sandi

I can feel your pain!

These days my wife will help me with those hard to reach zippers.

Although one evening I dressed. I put on fake nails and for the life of me I could not grab the zipper pull with the long nails to get the dress off. I did not want to remove my nails and my wife was sleeping soundly, so I just said "screw it!" and went to bed fully dressed. She looked at me funny when we got up in the morning, and was surprised I wore the dress to bed. I told her why, and she got a chuckle out of it.
    Last edited by Pumped; 10-06-2020 at 05:51 PM.

My hubby puts a long piece of ribbon on a clasp (like a lobster clasp I guess you would say), then he can pull the zipper up and down, then disconnect the clasp. It works well for him.

I’ve had my wife unzip me a few times. I usually buy dresses without zippers, though.

I don't have the flexibility I once had, either. (And why do they keep moving the floor farther and farther away?)

My first reaction would be to go out to the car and get my wire running sticks. The cheap tool store (H****r F*****t) sells them. Fiberglass sticks, with a threaded brass ferrule at each end, so you can concatenate them. Come with a little brass hook that would fit through the hole in the end of a zipper's tab. Not suggesting that you run to the tool store en femme, though; it's a tool that I already own.

I like Char's suggestion of the clip with a ribbon better, though. It would work with zippers that don't have a hole in the tab.

Perhaps the clip from a name or ID badge, or a binder clip from the office, and use a backscratcher to pull it down? (Confession: a couple of times I''ve gotten into a sports bra that, once pulled down over where the girls would be, I was unable to pull it back up without overstressing the elastic. The backscratcher let me pull the band up so I could escape.)

It is limiting, but I avoid back zippers on dresses like the plague. Anything else, fine, but not dresses. The fact is, women are a bit more flexible than men and that little bit of additional flexibility can make all the difference with zippers that are hard to reach. That said, sometimes women can have a lot of trouble with those zippers just like men.

I think the solution Char's husband has devised is quite inventive and would be a good solution for difficult zippers.

Banned Read only
    Sara,
    Oh those zips have a mind of their own , they only stick when you're in a hurry !!

Sorry to repeat this story but I was in a charity shop trying on a sequined dress in a cubicle with just a flimsy curtain for privacy . The dress was a tight fit but I managed to get it zipped up , it was lovely but just too tight and maybe a little short . I now had to get out of it so natually the zip decided it wasn't moving , after several minutes and contortions I finally undid it and wriggled out . At the pay desk I explained to the SA that it was lovely but possibly too small and then asked what happens when customers do get stuck in a dress ? She replied, " Oh that's easy , we just call the fire brigade !" Several customers overheard the conversation which raised a few smiles .

When I wear a dress or blouse with a zipper, I unzip about 8-10 inches, slip it over my head and am still able to reach the zipper tab and pull it up. It took a couple of times, but it works for me, fine.

When I first started dressing I bought a small package of 18" fishing leaders. I would snap the leader to the zipper pull and was able to easily reach to zip up or down. when zipped up I would tuck the leader inside the dress.

I believe because I dress more often, and reach back to zip up more often I have gotten a bit more flexible and can reach and do without the leader. Also most dresses I can pull them up and grab the zipper over my shoulders once I get it zipped half way up.
    Last edited by Pumped; 10-09-2020 at 03:02 PM.

My GG's 2 cts

Nobody ever thought that only a twisted male mind could have invented the zip on the back ? It's probably the same one who created the bra which must be clipped in the back

Who can seriously think that being compelled to contort yourself everyday to put on your clothes is a good thing ?

GG's tip : Look at close fitting dresses with the zip on the side. Equally stylish but much more practical.

I actually attached a paper clip to a shoestring... I hook the paperclip into the zipper pull and.. up and down, usually without much problem.

Banned Read only
    Miel,
    Annoyingly not many dresses come with side zips now , the one problem to watch out for is trapping loose skin under the arms , OK admission I do have some loose skin !!

There's an entire thread devoted to zippers, and the solution I found is here: https://www.crossdressers.com/forums...=1#post4271640

Of course, the ultra-skinny "hidden zipper" tab has no hole to connect to and requires a different approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Miel,
    Annoyingly not many dresses come with side zips now , the one problem to watch out for is trapping loose skin under the arms , OK admission I do have some loose skin !!
    Nobody's perfect Teresa !

But zip sided dresses aren't so difficult to find, by example :

https://www.bellepoque.com/collectio...-wrapped-dress

https://www.souleiado.com/en/robe-lo...yracuse-ivoire

https://www.zara.com/ww/en/draped-dress-p07736878.html
    Last edited by Miel GG; 10-10-2020 at 01:14 PM.

Silver Member
    Before putting the dress on, unzip the back zipper all the way, then apply a 'length' of chap stick to the zipper. You should never have a zipper problem again!

Aspiring Member
    The zips on several of my dresses don't have a hole in the puller, which makes many of the suggestions here useless.

One of my favourite dresses has a zip down the side, between armpit and hip, so you pull the dress on over your head and then zip up to pull the waist in. So civilised compared with the frantic stretching to reach the puller.

No hole in the "puller"? There is a small loop the the puller attaches to the zipper slider though, clip to that.

All my dresses have the tiny hide away zipper pull without a hole and I used fishing leaders.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Miel GG View Post
    Nobody ever thought that only a twisted male mind could have invented the zip on the back ? It's probably the same one who created the bra which must be clipped in the back
    I dunno... Maybe I'm just weird, but on some level, I personally find it kinda hot in a restraining, submissive kinda way.

Aspiring Member
    I had managed to get a pair of pliers on the zipper. but the dress was a bit tight and I had a bad angle.

Sara

Same here, on some level it makes the whole day a more intense experience. I'm finding myself looking for an increasing level of intensity but still have the need for privacy, not sure where it will end up but that hasn't stopped me.

I tend to purchase dresses maybe a size larger than I really need, so that if it has a zipper I never have to take it down to put on or remove the dress.

This did once happen to me when I was wearing some thigh high- high heeled boots with a zipper all the way from the ankle to the top. It came close to time to leave home for work, and I could not get the zipper down to remove one of my boots! It was jammed and would not budge. Needless to say that was the end of the boots as I HAD to remove it and did so in a destructive manner. Part of life, sometimes things malfunction. I learned my lessons.... Don't dress before work on a work day, and buy boots that are easier to take off.