My wife told me today that a good friend of ours on the weekend woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't speak, he was having a stroke. His wife responded quickly and called the ambulance and as far as we know it was a mild stroke and he's doing Ok.
A few weeks ago another freind of ours went to the bathroom in the middle of the night and he collapsed in the washroom, he had something to do with low blood pressure. My wife tonight during dinner brought this up and then told me we are getting older and maybe more chance of having health problems. Her point was that I have been wearing nighties or full slips to bed, and at times I will fall asleep fully dressed on the couch. Her concern is if some form of medical problem or if I had to react fast to something and every moment counts, she doesn't think she would have time or be distracted by the way I'm dressed and if I would be OK being seen that way.
She then asked me how much did it mean to me to be dressed in a nighty or slip, and didn't really understand the thrill or the point because I'm sleeping anyway. I told her if she's going to worry about it and if it means so much to her I don't have to wear nighties to bed.
I then told her that I didn't really care how I was dressed in a medical emergency, at times I also sleep nude and I'm not thinking if I'm going to die naked what are people going to think.
I told her I just enjoy sleeping that way and it gives me a happy feeling when I get up in the morning. Well she kind of gave me a "do whatever you want" type answer so I guess I'm going to lay low for a while until this blows over. Back to PJs (boring)
I'm just wondering has anyone one else here made any adjustments in there dressing habits because we are getting older, and would you care about your wife's opinion and just dress the way you want?