Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What does it mean to "feel like a woman"?

I once had a consultation with a woman who said her 5 yro boy told her that he felt that he was in a costume but couldn't find the zipper. That was probably 25 years ago and I still haven't figured it out.

Since the first time I wore panties and a bra, I had a very pleasant and beautiful feeling. There is a whole spectrum, a rainbow, of feelings that GG have toward their feminine feelings; thus, it is not possible to define what the characteristics are of the "feminine" feeling. After my first experience I began to study women who were well dressed, beautifully shaped, had gentle manners and gentle personalities. I modeled myself after these women. When I change my attire from a man to this female, I immediately have this beautiful feeling. I see myself as one of them with their personality and attractiveness. It is unimportant to me that I feel "female" or any other name, but I do feel the way that I imagine my model woman feels. It is a psychological game, but the results are beautiful.

Platinum Member
    Since I was born with male genitalia and raised as a societal boy I really do not know what it means to "feel like a woman." I suppose I cannot explain what it "feel like a man" means also. Maybe the closest anyone is going to get is expressing how a person feels like an individual. Maybe this illusion to appear as a woman has a lot to do with why so many wives and women in general are not appreciative of cross dressers. While many cross dressers feel emulating a woman is a positive affirmation of who women are perhaps women feel it is really downgrading women. We're invading their exclusive territory in the same way many men feel a woman should be "making babies" and "staying in the kitchen."

I had to chuckle a little at Helen's comment (#4) of "temporary loss of being macho!" Define "macho."

I've said numerous times on this forum that I do not know why I do what I do. I can say how I feel when I am en femme, which does not confer I know what it feels to be a woman, if a woman feels any differently than a man.

This question has appeared several times previously. My own answer hasn't changed. Rightly or wrongly my CDing started in my youth when I saw and admired the girls around me and, in particular, what they wore. I was intrigued by their clothing and wondered what it felt like to wear such clothes. Of course, in those days women's clothes meant, almost exclusively, skirts and dresses, stockings, slips, bras, girdles, etc. There was only one way to find out what it felt like and that was to try it for myself. Over the years I have tried many different styles and types of female attire and I do have quite a good idea of the different feeling engendered by different garments. I feel I know, for example, something of how a woman feels when wearing a tight skirt or a long dress or heels or a firm girdle...but I certainly don't know what it is like to be a woman wearing those clothes.

I suppose technically we can't say we feel like a woman because we aren't one, however I do feel comfortable and like myself when dressed as one, so maybe we can say kind of.

Silver Member
    No man can ever know what it feels like to be a woman.To do so you have to have all of the experiences of being a FEMALE!! That involves the going thru a totally different puberty, watching your breasts grow, the monthly nemesis, sex as a female, child bearing, etc..If you've not experienced same, you cannot feel like a woman, but you can present as one in many ways.

Aspiring Member
    To paraphrase an old tv show: I am not a woman but I can play one on TV.

Ineke

I suppose I will feel like a woman the day I have a vagina. Until then I feel more like a man wearing female clothes. It's cool in its own right too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny22 View Post
    No man can ever know what it feels like to be a woman. To do so you have to have all of the experiences of being a FEMALE!! That involves the going thru a totally different puberty, watching your breasts grow, the monthly nemesis, sex as a female, child bearing, etc..If you've not experienced same, you cannot feel like a woman, but you can present as one in many ways.
    Thank you!
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

There are different ideas being equivocated here. Many have said they cannot know what it is like to feel like a woman due to biology and social conditioning. At the same time we also talk about feeling feminine. If any discussion highlighted the gender versus sex difference, this one does. No, we cannot know what it is like to feel like a GG. However, we can know what it is like to feel a sense of self that is different than the masculine caused by the wearing of female cloths. This is what it is to feel like a woman, to feel feminine. Just as when I put on a nice suit I feel more masculine, putting on a dress helps me feel more feminine. A GG might feel pretty and feminine when dressed to the nines, but not so much when dressed in everyday casual attire. I feel like the opposite gender though I cannot know how the opposite sex feels. For me, someone who does not suffer from real gender dysphasia, the cloths make the man, the masculine, or the woman, the feminine

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Boxes and yet more boxes. I long ago stopped worrying about whether I had, did or ever could feel like a woman. Just be who you are and try to except the way you feel at different points in your life. It makes things much simpler.

I can understand how many can feel feminine, when dressed in frocks and frills, it's kind of a no brainer. If you are attired in feminine finery, with make up, nail varnish, and a wig full of locks and curls, then yes, you will feel feminine.

But there is a difference between feeling feminine, and "feeling like a woman".

Ignoring the physiological issues such as periods or pregnancy, and focusing on attitudes, state of mind, and behaviours, lets discuss.

For those who venture out dressed, how do you leave a well lit mall, to walk to your car? Do you scan the parking lot? Watch for wandering men? Scan the shadows to see who might be lurking? Clutch your purse? Have your keys in your hand?

Or do you saunter casually along, confident in your ability, as a MAN to deal with any issues?

Sometime last year, I was at a nightclub and ran out of cigarettes, "no big deal", I thought, I'll just walk down the block to a bodega and get another pack. When I got there, there were 5 or 6 guys out front, sitting, chatting and drinking. Inside the store, there were 10 or 12 guys watching a soccer game on the TV. Suddenly I felt very vulnerable, turned on my heels and went back to the club. The store was NOT a safe place for me, I felt.

Women, and Transwomen, have to be aware, at all times, of their surroundings, and the dangers that may be present. Transwomen face potential violence; GG's face that, and worse. So please, don't presume to "feel like a woman", until you've literally walked a mile in a woman's world.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Banned Read only
    Its enough to boil the blood when somebody uses pregnancy as a reason why you can feel like a woman.

Guess what? Some genetic women can't get pregnant. Should we go and tell them that they can't feel like a woman?

Shaking my head at the double standards I see in here sometimes...

Quote Originally Posted by Jodie_Lynn View Post
    For those who venture out dressed, how do you leave a well lit mall, to walk to your car? Do you scan the parking lot? Watch for wandering men? Scan the shadows to see who might be lurking? Clutch your purse? Have your keys in your hand?
    THIS! Very much THIS!
    I also tried to not be alone if I could help it. If possible, I'd travel with a "wing girl" - especially if going anywhere that served alcohol.

(I haven't been out in years - house rules. But when I did, I always had that background fear of being a potential target)

Without any context we could argue different facets of the phrase forever. To address Charlotte and SaraLin, fear of dangerous situations is universal. One can be subject to violence for any reason such as being a woman, cross dresser, trans, minority, foreigner, a member of a particular religion. The list can go on. Fear is not unique to women genetic or trans.

hello Jodie,
    What does it mean to "feel like a crossdresser"? - this forum is always trying to answer that question
    stay healthy!
    luv J

Being dressed from hairdo to heels. Heels clicking.

Banned Read only
    Jodie,
    The simple answer is pick your venues , I will also admit the walk across a badly lit car park can feel intimidating , I have my keys in my hand , I walk with my head held up so I can take in any movement or problems . I have to admit being full time I don't feel in anymore danger than I did as a man .

Charlotte ,
    I agree , the comment is pretty hard on women who can't give birth for whatever reason and also for women who survived cancer but have to resort to implants or forms and possibly a wig . We should consider how they feel as women before we try and give a definitive answer !
    Last edited by Teresa; 10-19-2020 at 05:34 AM.

If feeling feminine is the feeling you get when dressed & made up (I surely do) then could part of "Feeling like a woman" maybe be the response you get from others, specifically men?
    ...Damsel in distress.
    Not exactly natural, Stunning none the less...

(As Girls Go by Suzanne Vega)

Reality Check
    If I put my hand on my boob or butt, I "feel" like a woman. with the hair on my wig touching my neck, I "feel" like a woman.

Mentally, of course, I cannot feel like a woman. And I'm not sure all women feel the same. Or men, for that matter.
    Krisi

Banned Read only
    I'm genderfluid and frequently feel feminine and like a woman. It's hard to explain, but it is very different than feeling like a man. When I feel like a woman, I feel feminine, I feel soft, delicate, I want to feel and be pretty. How I think, feel, and act changes. Also, as someone who is bi and fluid, I have a femininized brain and way of thinking, feeling, and acting in the world. I don't pretend to come to my femininity the same as other women, though I would think, too, that not every woman comes to their femininity the same, either. My coming to my femininity is filtered through my experiences being socialized as a man and having a male body, and I don't discount my male privilege, though it coexists with my femininity and having my femininity oppressed. So, my femininity is a combination of both man and woman, in different ways, at different times, and to differing degrees.

Platinum Member
    Hi Jodi Lynn , Seeing the pretty lady in the mirror is a great feeling, >Orchid **OO**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!