Thread: The table is set, just a waiting game now.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake

The table is set, just a waiting game now.

It's been a busy week for me. I went camping with a couple of old buddies for a few days just to clear my mind and prepare for three big events. On Wednesday I closed on a refi of my house that will lower my house payment just a smidgen but get me a pot of cash I'll be able to use for some transition related expenses. On Thursday I had a consultation with the surgeon concerning breast augmentation. But nothing will be possible until the Covid-19 express in our state has slowed down. Right now the ICU's are just about full and any and all elective and non-essential surgeries have been put off until hospital capacity has improved. Then this fine Friday morning I did a video hearing with a judge who approved my Name and Gender Marker change, effective a week from today. We put it off a little so as not to interfere with the paperwork on the refinance.

So beginning October 16 I will legally be Sarah Marie D. . . ., a female. I honestly didn't see this reality coming when I joined the forum all those years ago. My thanks to all those who have read, commented and shared this part of the journey with me. There is still a long way to go (I hope) and I'm sticking around to continue celebrating the wonder, confusion, challenge and satisfaction that is gender identity.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Aspiring Member
    Congrats!!!!

Sarah,

Thanks for sharing so much of your journey with the rest of us. It inspires and opens the mind to new possibilities. Congratulations on your news both the financing and the name change and marker change. Great news.

Tiffany

I am SO happy for you, Sarah! It is an indescribible sense of liberation when we first see our new name LEGALLY in print. Hugs for you!
    Marie

Congratulations Sarah!

Platinum Member
    Congratulations, Sarah Marie. As an interested observer, I am so very happy for you and so very impressed by your deliberate process of decision and emergence.

I will admit to being just a little bit scared too! Ever since I first realized that transition was possible, I feared that someday I would be overwhelmed by the need to do it. Your experience seems to suggest that such a powerful need can in fact emerge even in spite of all the obstacles and apprehensions.
    Last edited by kimdl93; 10-10-2020 at 12:45 PM.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Wow! Congrats.

It's been six weeks sing my electronic submission of the name and gender change to the court so Monday ill drive to see if the court has decree ready....

Interestingly but the name change in my life will trigger more things than the bottom surgery would do....
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Charles View Post
    I honestly didn't see this reality coming when I joined the forum all those years ago.
    Isn't it true for many of us here
    Congrats!

Happy for You!!

Congratulations for some great happenings, and that you were able to spend some quality time with your friends. I see that we both joined in the same year. We have seen a lot of changes some on this site and others out in the real world. For some things, never is too late.

Allie

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Well it didn't happen the way I had expected. Since the courts are being "Zoomed" I was unable to look at the paperwork until I got an email today. It was all nice and legal looking, even the spot at the bottom where the action was described as changing my gender from Female to Male. I contacted them and pointed out the error and they promised to take care of it as soon as the Judge was available. So for a while I was legally Non-Binary, a Boy named Sarah, in the eyes of the law. They got it fixed and I'm official now.

On another front I have an appointment later in November to finalize FFS plans and dates. Of course since Utah is one of the states currently with the biggest increase in Coronavirus cases and a couple of our hospitals have maxed out their normal ICU capacity, my plans may be wishful thinking.

And one more thing, I've made great progress in cleaning out my garage. I know that doesn't relate to anything else on this forum, but it sure makes me feel like I've not dropped off the face of the world and am making progress on multiple fronts.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Platinum Member
    Sarah, congratulations on semi-successfully negotiating the legal process and the garage clean up!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt