It's been a busy week for me. I went camping with a couple of old buddies for a few days just to clear my mind and prepare for three big events. On Wednesday I closed on a refi of my house that will lower my house payment just a smidgen but get me a pot of cash I'll be able to use for some transition related expenses. On Thursday I had a consultation with the surgeon concerning breast augmentation. But nothing will be possible until the Covid-19 express in our state has slowed down. Right now the ICU's are just about full and any and all elective and non-essential surgeries have been put off until hospital capacity has improved. Then this fine Friday morning I did a video hearing with a judge who approved my Name and Gender Marker change, effective a week from today. We put it off a little so as not to interfere with the paperwork on the refinance.

So beginning October 16 I will legally be Sarah Marie D. . . ., a female. I honestly didn't see this reality coming when I joined the forum all those years ago. My thanks to all those who have read, commented and shared this part of the journey with me. There is still a long way to go (I hope) and I'm sticking around to continue celebrating the wonder, confusion, challenge and satisfaction that is gender identity.