Thread: New chapter

New chapter

So after years of thinking I?m just a crossdresser, I?ve spent the last year analyzing what I want and my own happiness.

I talked it over with my wife and after about a month of talking, we are going to move forward with me starting hormones. She had lots of questions and fears, of course. I told her the truth of what I believe. I still love her and the kids. I want my marriage first and my family first but I want to be what I think I am. I feel like I?m both male and female.

I met with a therapist and have an appointment upcoming with a doctor to discuss my thoughts and goals. I want to maintain my male anatomy but I want to begin to work towards a feminine hormone balance and physique and eventually maybe top surgery only.

The biggest surprise so far is that my wife is 100% on board. Her only thing is she would rather me take oral meds instead of injections.

So that?s my story. I just wanted to share

Best of luck moving forward - it is good to have a supportive wife

Davina Katherine Davina Katherine's Avatar
    How fantastic. May your journey be full of joy for you and your wife.

What a lovely wife! Go for it and be you! Best wishes on your journey! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Platinum Member
    I admit, I am jealous...partly because you have a wife (and I no longer do) and partly because you are about to embark on a new stage that I am still debating with myself. I am surprised by one thing...your wife seems to prefer oral meds to injections. Perhaps she is the one afraid of needles
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I am happy for you! I too have a totally supporting wife, such a gift, it makes transition so much easier. Have you considered another alternative to oral estradiol, transdermal patches? They are probably the best delivery system outside of inserted pellets, as you maintain a consistent level of estradiol.

I agree with Dorit and speak from experience. Another great advantage of the patch is bypassing the liver. The less systemic complication introduced the better!
    Marie

Aspiring Member
    Good luck! I was at this cross road 3 years ago. My wife was reluctant but went along with me starting on hormones, feeling perhaps pushed to say OK by me. Her acceptance evolved over time and now she accepts me the way I am and so are my kids. I guess I would've started one way or another but I am happy it didn't get to be a confrontational point. I try to make up for this acceptance by being the best version of myself I can.
    P.S. I found it odd to read about injections. I started on patches and switched to injections 20 months later because patches didn't give me consistent levels. With that being said, at least the method devised by Dr. Powers, suggest starting on oral and then switching to injections around 1 year mark. He argues having more estrone early on mimics girl's puberty more closely and may help breast development. Around 1 year, he suggests switching to injections and add progesterone. PM me if you need more info or you can google him up.

I met with my doctor yesterday. She was very kind. She wanted me to start with injections but none of the pharmacies around me had it in stock so they are going to start me on the patches for now. My wife even asked me if she could put the first patch on me!

Very interesting wife.
    As Dorit said. It's great to have supporting wife. That's my case. 2 1/2 years on HRT, first patches, then pills and finally injections, we added progesterone too and 4 months ago orchi so no more spiro.
    Good luck in your journey.
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION