Thread: Belief and trust of a different kind .

Banned Read only

Belief and trust of a different kind .

I submitted a thread in the NB section referring to belief and trust within my family and whether we it should be questioned or not , today I experienced it in a different way .

I'm running short of logs for my woodburner so after walking my dog and I popped up to a guy who sells logs by the load or by the sack full which you pay for in an honesty box . When I arrived there were no sacks available , as I waited the guy appeared and apologised for not having any but he would be doing some cutting tomorrow and added that he could drop me a load off the following day . As it was a special deal he prefers to be paid in cash , which meant I needed to drop in at the cash machine outside my local supermarket , I was still wearing my dog walking clothes with light makeup and my old wig . I didn't bother with my mask as the machine is outside and no one was using it . As I finished an old lady approached the machine but then turned to me and asked if I minded helping her , she had a mask on and I asked if she was OK with me not wearing one , she told me she was . I showed her where to insert the card , she was OK with typing her PIN number in and then said she needed to know her balance , so I showed which buttons to press , when the balance chit appeared she asked me to read it to her because she'd also forgotten her glasses . Once I told her the balance she then asked me again to help her withdraw some money , so again I showed her which buttons to press . After she'd retrieved her card and put her money in her purse she put her hand on mine and said , " You're a lovely lady , I'm so grateful ".

What a lovely feeling that was of her belief and trust in me .

I also think that you are a lovely lady, and very kind and considerate also.

She read you right - a !ovely lady indeed

Teresa, Nice story, I know it made your day just as it would for any of us.
    Crissy

If only everyone was so kind and appreciative. Good deeds reap their own rewards.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Wow, I don't even trust my friends that far...

regardless of your gender presentation that was a very nice honest act
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Banned Read only
    Sallee,
    I did wonder if she would have asked a man to help , a pleasant looking middle aged guy was waiting behind us and been watching , I must admit I didn't watch her type her PIN number in but made sure I restricted the view from other people .

Asew ,
    That's why it touched me so much being a complete stranger .

Helen,
    I wonder how many people would put that trust in others perhaps we might if we were her age .

In some circumstances cash machines can be a nightmare to use in certain lighting conditions . Some years ago , I was on an out of season deal in Tenerife , my sister in law was trying out a new credit card on a machine with bright sunlight almost making it illegible , so she miscalculated the amount and had too many zeros , natually it kept rejecting it . When we sat having coffee after we realised she was asking for the equivalent of ?30.000.00 and all she wanted was enough cash to buy two Tshirts as a gift for her daughter . My wife had the sense to use the cash machine inside the bank but it did give us something to laugh about .

Platinum Member
    It was very kind of you to help her!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Hmm, to me that is just basic good manners, and in no need of special merit or indeed relevant to crossdressing. Just what any decent person would do. Now where did I put that tin hat?

Banned Read only
    Sharon,
    Possibly not relevant to crossdressing , lets not get caught up the " passing " label but it was nice to not only be trusted but to also trusted and accepted as a woman . As I've mentioned before I relate these stories to give confidence and show other TG members how normal life can become once you've made that choice , that is where the merit lies .

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Why don't I ever run into folks that don't see very well? They mite not even know I'm wearing a mask!

Of course, since I usually only dress for T events in bars, clubs, etc. I run into people near 1/2 my old age!

I now see the advantage to going out to vanilla venues, Teresa!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Nice story. It always makes us feel good to come to the aid of someone else needing help no matter what it is or how we?re portrayed.

Banned Read only
    Sherry,
    I hate to say this but it comes to us all eventually ! Mind you I keep asking what medication my mother is on ? She's still fit and active at 91 .

Hi Teresa, you may wish to give confidence to other girls, fair enough. But citing an elderly person with sight problems as an endorsement is surely stretching a point!

Silver Member
    That poor old lady. She's so lucky to have had your help. Any number of dishonest people could have really ruined her life, had they gotten the information she trusted you with.

Banned Read only
    Sharon,
    Lets not forget she came to me and asked for help , I would love to think I could turn to someone like that and put that level of trust in them . For her age her eyesight wasn't that bad as she manged to type in her PIN code without her glasses , I will also admit the type face is so small on the print outs I struggled to read her balance with my glasses on .

Suzanne,
    Precisely my point , thanks you your comment .

I'm going to add a P.S.
    I told my sister and mother about this incident , my sister saw it totally differently . She suggested it could have put me in trouble if she claimed she'd been robbed at the cash machine if she'd misplaced the money or her card .

Sometimes I really despair with the state of modern society , when you step forward to help someone it's condemned by others .
    Last edited by Teresa; 10-21-2020 at 04:55 AM.

All that matters is that you did a good deed. You can only control your actions. If you show kindness then you have made the world that much better. The lady probably didn?t have any ulterior motives. Though even if she did, that is not on you. You just keep being the good person you are.

Platinum Member
    The "old lady" was probably from another more trusting generation who are easily taken advantage of everyday. Nice that you were of assistance.

Teresa--welcome to the club! i spent nearly 25years helping people in very dire straits(fire,car crash ect) the feeling you get afterwards having helped is realy something-isnt it ?
    Liz

Banned Read only
    Liz,
    I was a self employed photographer for thirty years , " The customer is always right !! " OK I'm not a total mug so that has to be flexible . Otherwise making sure people got what they wanted did mean going the extra mile at times . Not everyone at a wedding was able bodied but so many people stand back and just watch or worse ignore , often I would leave my camera to help a disabled person if they were having problems . You never know they might be you're next cutsomer , perhaps some might say that's a little mercenary but I never found it a problem . I enjoyed my charity work with the Round Table , the fun we had and the pleasure you gave to others was priceless .