Thread: It's our little secret !

Banned Read only

It's our little secret !

I know I've recalled stories before about getting my male hair cut but something amusing always comes out of it .

As most of you know now the arrangement is I go as Teresa and slip my wig off and pop it on it's stand while my male hair is cut then I slip it back on when she's done .

This time I had to wait about ten minutes while another lady had her hair done , after she came over to me and asked what style I was going have my hair ( wig ) done in as it was so lovely at the moment . In the corner of my eye I could see the hairdresser smiling , so I said quietly to the lady looking over at the hairdresser , " It's our little secret , it's not real !" The lady said , " never mind it's lovely and it really suits you , with that she wished us all the best and left the shop . A few moments later another customer walked in and sat in the waiting area behind the chair I was sitting in , I could see a puzzled look on her face as she could see I was wearing makeup and chatting away to the hairdresser while I was having a short male cut . When I stepped out of the chair she stared at me without speaking , so in front of her I took my wig off it's stand and popped it back on my head , then I smiled at her saying , " That's much better , isn't it ? " She still didn't speak but just watched me brush my wig through , the hairdresser then showed her to the chair turning to me saying , " I'll see you in six weeks ".

We all know hairdressers are like doctors, sworn to secrecy but it would be interesting to ask her on your next visit if she recalls if anything was said after you left.

It is though, those little moments that can be amusing. A couple of years ago I was making my way out of the cafe in a small arts theatre and there were 3 ladies sat in a lounge area. One saw me, read me, and I suspect by sheer spontaneous reaction blurted out, "Oh look!". I stopped briefly, gave my best inquiring "Really" look and slight shake of the head and carried on. I wasn't bothered by her reaction, more amused that I'd provoked such a outburst. I'd brightened her otherwise perhaps mundane day.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Banned Read only
    Helen,
    If you recall the last time I visited her salon her husband was helping out after lockdown but she hadn't mentioned the arrangement to him . When he ushered me to the chair I first picked up the wig stand and then popped the wig on it , it was like watching a goldfish for a few seconds , then he said , " You still have more hair than me !" He then offered me a coffee and disappeared into the basement and I never saw him again . I asked his wife if she'd told him , she giggled and admitted she'd not given it a thought .

It just goes to prove one of the most important aspects for a CDer / TG person is the choice of wig .