Thread: Curse -Pt2

Curse -Pt2

Hi All,
    seems my "Curse"post has been deleted due to the thread "drifting". I feel its beholden of me to say thank you to those who responded "on track"as for those who made the thread "drift"...........
    The post was a serious one--
    Having trouble accepting C/D--as the wife said --if i cant self accept it how can i expect her to......
    But my other problem is
    I have Ostio Arthritis in both knees plus rhumatism &heart problem.
    On a bad day things can get painful -getting "dressed"(not that i go "full out") can be a problem &if the pink fog arrives its a --curse.
    So to all who replied (to the good!). thank you.
    Liz

Mod note:

If this thread drifts off from the OP's intent to talk about "pink fog", the posts will be deleted.

Hi Char GG,
    thanks.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Liz, I notice that you're only a year older than I. I have increasing physical difficulties, too. Including my knees.

But, u can see how I present at age 77 in my avatar.

Mind u, I use every trick in the book to look young and pretty!

However, if nothing else, I'm proof that if u want to look good bad enuff, u CAN!
    So, hang in there!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Sorry to hear of your problems.

Yes self acceptance is the center to everything. Shedding the guilt. Without that you will never achieve peace.

After this then you can deal with all the other issues, like life, and unfortunately growing old.

Love Jean

Jean, Good post, self acceptance is the key but getting there can be difficult but certainly not impossible
    Crissy

Liz,

Without perhaps noticing it we sometimes share common ground with GG's. The problems you have to deal with, bad knees effecting say your ability to wear heels is something many GG's have to deal with. We understand a little bit more about their daily lives.

There are good things about getting older(gracefully) but as you describe it can have it's bad but then there are arthritic people of all ages sadly. Perhaps this is an example of when it's necessary to "dress your age".

I (age 75) fully understand what you are saying and experiencing. It often turns out that in some ways the "Golden Years" is an illusion produced by some really good gold-colored paint put on a rusty old barrel. The reality can be quite different. The important thing, though, is to make the best of what you have and accept yourself in all its various dimensions (often mostly outward rather than upward ) and enjoy the ride as much as possible. You are a senior citizen and you earned the right to be whoever and whatever you are, within reason of course. Kermit says, "It is hard to be green" and I say, "It is hard to be old." Your wife is quite right on the acceptance matter.

I can appreciate the hurting joints as well. I?m sorry to hear you having problems. On a plus side with my aches in legs and feet sometimes I?ve found that a good pair of support pantyhose really helps me to not hurt as much I wear them full time even when not in full girl mode. Hopefully you can find a medium you can live with and your wife can accept too. Good luck.

Platinum Member
    Sorry that the discussions drifted off course. My original thought was that I did not recall ever wishing this thing away...but I thinking back, I recall hoping that 2 years in the army and a marriage would make it disappear. Obviously, that wish or hope was not fulfilled. So, perhaps its true that I have looked at myself as being cursed at times.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Platinum Member
    "Having trouble accepting C/D--as the wife said--if i can't self accept it how can i expect her to...."

I think one has to convey to a wife that the self hatred or disgust or whatever negativity one wants to ascribe to it, the problem is really caused by societal disapproval. Sure, I wish my need for wearing women's clothing did not exist, but, it does. That makes it a "curse" or whatever word one may want to insert. I can fully understand a wife not being on board with her husband's cross dressing and attempt to emulate a woman, especially if not disclosed before the relationship became serious.

As to your knees my wife had a serious issue of arthritis in her right knee and had total knee replacement. Just last night she quipped she wished she did not have the operation. She isn't a year post op yet, but the mechanical knee does limit her movement. For all you youngsters out there you may really want to watch your weight. Being seriously overweight for years will take a serious toll on knee joints.

Stephanie 47,

I have to take anti coagulants-this meanswhen i bleed it looks like an murderhas taken place ! The medical people are (very)reluctant to stop the medication(needed to do for an operation) as this means a very real posability for a heart attack or stroke, catch 22.............